PDA

View Full Version : trackir

rwmarth
April 4th, 2010, 18:48
Finally got around to setting up my trackir and was wondering how do I eliminate the dead zone when your view returns near center? It's like the fluid motion pauses when moving my viewpoint back towards the middle and so the movement from left to right isn't smooth since it "catches" for a bit in the middle. I don't experience this with my other flight simulator, OFF3, so Im assuming it's an FSX setting to adjust and not a trackir setting? Thanks.

Lionheart
April 5th, 2010, 00:49
You might try diff game settings. Also make sure you have the latest drivers. It has a drivers auto-check that you can click on and it will search for latest mods.

You have a list of presets that work best with alot of games. You might experiment, as I said, with other versions.

When I am on TrackIR (always, lol), I find that it will lose my 'center' often and I have developed a reset movement I can do so I do not have to keep resetting my center. I look way up, then way down, then way up, and then center, and usually 99% of the time, I am back to center. I have to do this often. Dont know why.

Resetting or programming your own version is a bit tricky. It is alot of give-and-take. If you have more dead zone in one area, it compensates by taking 'realestate' in another area. Hard to explain.

By the way... Welcome to TrackIR. Its a whole new world....

Bill

GypsyBaron
April 5th, 2010, 11:00
I have two buttons on my throttle assigned to "Pause" and "Center" for TackIR.

It becomes 2nd nature to use them to "extend" your view to pasrts of the
cockpit that you usually can not see due to the vertical limits.

If I want to look further down, I first look UP, hit "Center" and then
I am able to look further down. The same goes for horizontal
"extensions"...look in the OPPOSITE direction, "CENTER" and then
look to where you wanted to see. Just look forward and hit "Center"
again to return to the "normal" viewing limits.

I use the "Pause" function in concert with my hat switch to
look way down, left or right, to operate a switch or control.

When "Paused" the hat switch will let you slew your view
providing the CameraDefinition you are using has that
enabled. As I said, doing these things are instinctive once
you start to use them.

The use of multiple CameraDefinition entries in the aircraft.cfg file
along with HotKey assignments further extends your ability to
"move around" the VC.

Paul

LonelyplanetXO
April 5th, 2010, 11:20
I got trackir a while ago after watching one of Lionheart's promo videos for the Epic. It's revolutionised my game, what a difference! I don't have the issue you're describing with null zone - I simply set it up to taste using the head movement config tool in the app. That tyook a bit of experimentation but seemed to do it. I'd suggest experimenting with the config tools until you're happy. I also changed the hot keys - Spacebar resets the view and I've used F12 for pause and ctrl-F12 for fine setting. After a while you dont need to pause it when operating VC controls, but it takes a bit of getting used to. As most forum folks know I use FS9 almost exclusively but I did try it in FSX. Hated the fact it works in spot view. Is there a fix for that other than pausing it?

LPXO

CL19O1
April 5th, 2010, 13:30
Do you have the latest trackIR software? It allows you to fully customize everything by sliding around dots on a the graph. I removed the deadzone in the middle because it annoyed me too but what annoyed me more was not being able to hold still while looking strait ahead so I put the dead zone back. Even though that dead zone is annoying for me it is a necessary evil.