PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

jessie r.
April 4th, 2010, 13:34
please can someone help me out I have downloaded the Tim Conrad Douglas A-12A from Simviation and Flightsim.com ans everytime I go to fly it I get to the selection screen where I can choose time place etc. and flight sim freezes and turns off?? can anyone please help me?

Panther_99FS
April 4th, 2010, 13:36
Check the README - You probably need to add some gauges...

falcon409
April 4th, 2010, 13:39
Not enough info there jessie. You say you downloaded from two different websites? Why? What are your system specs? Are you running Accel/SP2? Are you using DXT10 Preview? Did the aircraft install without any problems?

Give us a bit more to go by as it could be any number of things based on the questions I've asked.

jessie r.
April 4th, 2010, 13:47
Yeah sorry a little flusterated I am using Accel with no DXT10 I downloaded from Simviation first and it happend and then flightsim.com and it happend again so its on my end its the first plane that has done this to me so I dont know installed fine followed the read me and it still freezes and says flight sim is not responding

jessie r.
April 4th, 2010, 13:58
my system specs are/windows vista home premium 64 bit with sp1/video:ati radeon hd 4850with 512 memory/processor:intel corei7-920quad core processor/ hard drive:750gb/memory:3gbddr3/ i hope this helps becuse i have no idea what half this stuff means

harleyman
April 4th, 2010, 14:49
Its not your system..its more than likely in the sim, as in guage files that are not there or conflicting with the base FSX ones..

As panther suggested..Review the read-Me carefully..or post it here for us to view too.

harleyman
April 4th, 2010, 14:57
Also look in your FSX config...make sure that it shows all these as *Trusted*

[Trusted]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.nnihkaihanrbawieuhu waihbeorwrrioizzzwhoq=2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.iccrihzwbzawtiokzih bruokqtrkhalnbzhouquq=2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\jf_Beech_Duchess\panel\jf_d uchess.GAU.nwkathbttarelekaneeakukrroauhuolbtheqnt i=2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.zeeakenrohuoqkkrobhwhrai lkaabtblczilihuo=2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.qwznctzotkahrreawicqoleqnou uuqzwuiuqacrh=2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\fa-18.DLL.qhqtchorwkooretlrbaqoaececauqreqlerrrtrh=2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\KingAir_radio.DLL.nciurchnrknucwkqctwthrw zuaheehohaqtbcaau=2

jessie r.
April 4th, 2010, 15:12
here is the read me ill try the files thing

FSX SP-2 Acceleration
General Dynamics/McDonnell Douglas A-12A "Avenger II"
Proposed stealthy attack aircraft for U.S. Navy. Program never got past mock-up stage due to cost/weight overruns, and bad management.
But in the FSX world, we need not think of those things... This FSX model has VC, folding wings, opening weapon bays, and opening refuel probe.
1)After downloading the zip, locate it, and extract the file to a temp folder.
2)Copy the A-12A Folder over to your FSX Aircraft folder.
3)Copy the cab.a12a gauges file over to your FSX gauges folder.

NOTAMS:
Canopy opens with SHF e , as usual.
Inboard weapon bay doors open with SHF e 2.
Outboard weapon bay doors open with CTL w. This is the Water Rudder key command on my system
You may have to assign key commands for wing folding and tailhook, or just use the cockpit controls.
There is no key command for the refuel probe, just the cockpit control on the left console.
Couldn't figure out how to make the nose gear launch bar work, so I just added the needed lines in the .cfg file.
I think this plane will work with the Accel carriers, hopefully.
The VC makes use of the Accell FA-18 gauges. You shouldn't have to do anything for them to work(well you do need Acceleration add-on).

jessie r.
April 4th, 2010, 15:18
where do i find the folder with the trusted files in them

huub vink
April 4th, 2010, 15:33
I don't know whether this is still valid, but normally Piglet's aircraft needed the sound.dll file in the flight simulator root folder.

The thrusted gauges list can be sound in your fsx.cfg file. The location of this file depends on your operating system.

Cheers,
Huub

Piglet
April 4th, 2010, 16:15
That gaugesound.dll file requirement is a absolete thing from my Easygauge app days. No need for that file anymore. Been several years since I used that Easygauge crap.
Planes of mine downloaded from sites other than SOH, or Flightsim.com, might have been hacked, or otherwise screwed up in some way. I there fore do not support those D/L's
Only thing I can think of your problem is a FSX version conflict. SP2? Accell? No service patches?

jessie r.
April 4th, 2010, 17:12
I just downloaded it from SOH with same results. So thanks to all who have offerd advice and ideas but I dont think its ment for me to fly it.