PDA

View Full Version : Coming Soon: 4 new paints for the Alphasim Arado AR-196

OBIO
April 3rd, 2010, 19:47
I have been working on the Alphasim Arado AR-196. I enlarged the texture sheets to 1024 by 1024, added a ton of detail, lightened the interior stuff so it no longer looks like a dank dark dungeon. 4 new paints are done. The first is just a repaint of the single skin that comes with the package....still trying to find a good, clear, crisp copy of the squadron insignia that is right behind the cowl flaps...the little shield with the mermaid on it. Two paints are in the 1938 prototype style (overall gray with the large red fin flash with the swastika in a white circle. Fourth is a green and brown camo paint based on a profile from Wings Palette. I have them in 32-bit 888 format right now for FS2004. Once I find and place the needed insignia on the first skin, I will then save them in DXT3 format for CFS2 use. Will have to reinstall CFS2 to test the skins and make adjustments for best looks and performance in the Grand Old Sim.

I will also be uploaded a dedicated sound pack for the AR-196, based on Lawdog's files. I will give them the OBIO treatment, meaning the internal sounds will be louder by a good margin, and the external sounds will be louder by 2 good measures. OBIO, as we all know, is the Inuit word for Noisy.....just need to live up to my name.

OBIO

OBIO
April 3rd, 2010, 20:06
Screen shots:

sc7500
April 3rd, 2010, 20:07
Did some digging tonight and found this decal sheet from an Italian scale model...

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=4786

Good Hunting, Tim !
SC
:kilroy:

OBIO
April 3rd, 2010, 20:15
That's the best one I have seen. Will give it a try. Thanks a bunch!

sc7500
April 3rd, 2010, 20:57
...That's the best one I have seen. Will give it a try. Thanks a bunch!...

Any time, Ol' Buddy - Make Us Proud !
SC