PDA

View Full Version : I'm looking for a mermaid!

OBIO
April 3rd, 2010, 19:12
Specifically, a WW2 Recon Squadron(?) insignia with a mermaid on it. It is the shield shaped insignia right behind the cowl flaps on the Alphasim AR-196. I have redone that paint, with enlarged texture sheets and a ton of added detail. The only thing preventing me from uploading that new paint and 3 other new paints is that one single squadron insignia. I have a lot of other Recon and Bomber insignia (downloaded as Photoshop layered files) from Simmerspaintshop.com....but that one is not part of the collections. I have done a Google search and have not been able to find that insignia.

If anyone has the Alpha AR-196 and knows the squadron insignia I am talking about and could point me in the right direction to find a nice, clear, crisp image to use on the new paint, I would be very very thankful.

If I can't find that specific insignia, I will use another recon squadron insignia and call it a day.

OBIO

txnetcop
April 3rd, 2010, 20:00
OH I get it...I was gonna ask you if your wife knew of your hunt. I mean every time I go deep sea fishing I wish for a mermaid!
Ted

huub vink
April 4th, 2010, 04:03
OBIO,

Have you looked in the file LW Emblems at Simmer's Paintshop by Morgoth? Oh and btw did you find the colour chart?

Cheers,
Huub

OBIO
April 4th, 2010, 05:57
Huub

Yep on both counts. The LW Emblem sheet has lots of squadron crests, as does the Sea Recon and Weather one..but not the one I need.

I will be using the colors off the color chart you sent for future paints...since I already had these pretty well done, I went ahead and finished them with the colors I started with. A bit lazy, I know.

OBIO