PDA

View Full Version : Banana bob's repaints

tigisfat
April 2nd, 2010, 18:51
I know he's been missing in action for a while, but I'd like to get a hold of Banana Bob, and it's fairly important. Apparently he may have opened himself up to some liabilities, and the owner of a certain trademarked name is looking for him. I can't get into the details, but please by all means help me get ahold of him, the owner of the trademark just wants to contact him and have him sign paperwork saying that said trademark won't be used for profit. If he can't get ahold of him, I don't know what will happen but they may go after him.

I can't find his site and I have no information on him.

Lionheart
April 2nd, 2010, 19:08
By chance, is this concerning the Quest Kodiak and the MAF paint scheme?

I havent been able to get ahold of him and supposedly his site is down, so no paint packages were distributed in the past 3 months, from what I could see. I had complaints coming to me on this.

Bill

tigisfat
April 2nd, 2010, 19:10
By chance, is this concerning the Quest Kodiak and the MAF paint scheme?

I havent been able to get ahold of him and supposedly his site is down, so no paint packages were distributed in the past 3 months, from what I could see. I had complaints coming to me on this.

Bill

no, it's not concerning that. What's the MAF paint scheme?

Lionheart
April 3rd, 2010, 10:57
no, it's not concerning that. What's the MAF paint scheme?

Its a paint scheme of the MAF plane. I dont know how else to put that.

wiltzei
April 3rd, 2010, 11:50
http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=561&sid=969ce8289281183ac766a5dfbc4218b2

tigisfat
April 3rd, 2010, 11:54

It's okay if you don't know how else to put it, the guy above did. Thanks. :mixedsmi:

tigisfat
April 4th, 2010, 09:37
nobody? This isn't good....

Lionheart
April 5th, 2010, 00:55
http://forum.siminsider.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=561&sid=969ce8289281183ac766a5dfbc4218b2

Thanks Wiltzei.

Thats the MAF paint scheme. I asked Robert to do that to give MAF some attention since they are the group responsible for having the Kodiak created in the first place.

These were also launched 'freeware' first, and later 'also' launched as 'donationware', so they are still able to be obtained 'freely' at sites like FlightSim and AVSIM.

I thought Robert did quite good on it and my hopes were that it would bring strong attention to MAF and possible Missionary pilot students who might want a place to start at.

Bill

Lionheart
April 5th, 2010, 00:57
nobody? This isn't good....

Correct. This is not good. Robert is family to the entire flight sim community. We are quite worried for him. He has a young daughter and is a war Vet as well. A nice, all around soul.

Bill

Nick C
April 5th, 2010, 03:03
Bob has dropped out of sight for quite awhile in the past, but this time I think his email address and thus his internet connection is lost. I've sent him emails which have bounced back.

I hid his repaint section on my forum because all the files had been deleted by accident on my server, so nobody has been able to download them since before January, all the links are dead. However anybody bookmarking these pages can still link to them, as above.

Lionheart
April 5th, 2010, 03:23
I remember Robert had asked me to get permission on it. I had contacted my 'contact' at MAF, asking him to ask the boss for permission for Robert to do this. The young gentleman, a pilot there, told me not to worry about it that he was sure it was ok. That may have been a mistake.

It was also my thoughts that this would be ok as I was asked by several to do an MAF paint scheme for the Kodiak. I didnt think they would mind if Robert also did it.

I will do a search in my email archives and get his name. He was one of my advisors and Beta testers on the Kodiak mark 2 project.

Bill

tigisfat
April 5th, 2010, 06:22
I remember Robert had asked me to get permission on it. I had contacted my 'contact' at MAF, asking him to ask the boss for permission for Robert to do this. The young gentleman, a pilot there, told me not to worry about it that he was sure it was ok. That may have been a mistake.

It was also my thoughts that this would be ok as I was asked by several to do an MAF paint scheme for the Kodiak. I didnt think they would mind if Robert also did it.

I will do a search in my email archives and get his name. He was one of my advisors and Beta testers on the Kodiak mark 2 project.

Bill

Since this will most likely turn badly, please don't post his full name here. We can't avoid the inevitable, but we can give him some more time.

tigisfat
April 5th, 2010, 06:24
and later 'also' launched as 'donationware',

There is no other way about it, that was a huge mistake that he will surely pay for. I didn't know that.

cheezyflier
April 5th, 2010, 07:44
that's really a shame. banana bob is a cool guy who has given alot to this hobby. i hope with all my heart he gets a break. surely if anyone deserves one it's him

Nick C
April 5th, 2010, 09:07
There is no other way about it, that was a huge mistake that he will surely pay for. I didn't know that.

If one of the MAF pilots thought it was ok and was also an advisor to Bill, I think you're possibly being a little alarmist here, especially as this seems to be a different issue to the one you started the thread about.

Lionheart
April 5th, 2010, 09:16
This smells funny to me.

$2.00 donationware packages, that are also available freely, representing a Christian aviation missionary group, and things are gone terribly scary doesnt sound kosher to me either. Sales stopped months ago and this is a big problem?

Skittles
April 5th, 2010, 09:47
Everyone should stop being so speculative and give him a break. He's a big boy, he knows how to use a computer. If he doesn't want to be contacted he doesn't want to be contacted.

Incinuating that he's in line to get sued (which is basically what some of you are doing) is completely innappropriate and as far as we know completely, completely untrue.

When Banana Bob wants to get in touch I'm sure he will do. If people do want to get in touch with him I hardly think accusing him of illegal activities will help the case. Relax. :salute:

tigisfat
April 5th, 2010, 09:47
If one of the MAF pilots thought it was ok and was also an advisor to Bill, I think you're possibly being a little alarmist here, especially as this seems to be a different issue to the one you started the thread about.

Nick,

I didn't know he was taking money for these repaints that are registered trademarks when I made this thread or when I talked to the other party. My new attitude is based on such. It'd be one thing if we were talking about large conglomerate airlines or manufacturers here, but we're talking about individual civilian aircraft with specialized paint schemes that are protected registered trademarks.

tigisfat
April 5th, 2010, 09:50
Everyone should stop being so speculative and give him a break. He's a big boy, he knows how to use a computer. If he doesn't want to be contacted he doesn't want to be contacted.This thread is not about wondering where he is. I don't know the guy.

Incinuating that he's in line to get sued (which is basically what some of you are doing) is completely innappropriate and as far as we know completely, completely untrue. Please look at the water before you go wading in. That's exactly what I'm insinuating and I know for a fact he could be in legal trouble. I talked to the owner of the registered trademark face to face about it.

When Banana Bob wants to get in touch I'm sure he will do :salute:I know that. I was trying to do him a favor by getting in contact with him.

Skittles
April 5th, 2010, 09:56
Please look at the water before you go wading in. That's exactly what I'm insinuating and I know for a fact he could be in legal trouble. I talked to the owner of the registered trademark face to face about it.

And I know for a fact that you could have robbed the bank of England! :icon_lol: I am in fact doing the opposite of wading in. I am stood happily on the bank watching you splash about!

All these suggestions, which you openly admit to incinuating, are completely innappropriate. Suppose this is a big misunderstanding and Banana Bob has done absolutely nothing wrong, how do you suppose he will feel when he logs on at some point, comes into this thread and sees that people think he's going to be sued? If it was me I'd certainly wash my hands of those people. I think we owe Bob a little more respect than that.

This is silly. If there is any problem whatsoever, it is between Banana Bob and the other party. Airing of dirty laundry in public helps no-one, especially if there are potential legal implications.

Thread reported, and hopefully closed.

6297J
April 5th, 2010, 10:02
I think those nasty people at Chiquita should leave him alone!

tigisfat
April 5th, 2010, 10:23
And I know for a fact that you could have robbed the bank of England! :icon_lol: I am in fact doing the opposite of wading in. I am stood happily on the bank watching you splash about!Nick seems to have the closest alliance to him, and i've given him the full details of the story. It's noone else's business. He's already done what he can do about it. Don't make this a bigger deal than it is.

This is silly. If there is any problem whatsoever, it is between Banana Bob and the other party. Airing of dirty laundry in public helps no-one, especially if there are potential legal implications. It's not silly at all. I started this thread because I don't know Bob and wanted to find out who was closest to him in the community that could try and help him out.

MCDesigns
April 5th, 2010, 10:26
Tig, if you truly want to help him out, fine, but a public posting concerning legal matters is not the place. Try PMs next time please.