PDA

View Full Version : KFC's New Sandwich-out April 12~ YIKES!

Cloud9Gal
April 2nd, 2010, 16:43
Watch out arteries......this is lethal stuff!

http://consumerist.com/2010/04/kfcs-bacon-sandwich-on-fried-chicken-bread-kills-people-everywhere-on-april-12.html

Snuffy
April 2nd, 2010, 16:49
Its okay, KFC doesn't use real chickens ... :mixedsmi:

Ken Stallings
April 2nd, 2010, 17:11
OK, so now I'm supposed to believe that a serving of chicken cordon bleu is poison?

I really think some of these websites are extreme. Or perhaps it is merely the fact that KFC is a corporation that earns them such rebuke!

There are a lot of food products with more calories and fat grams. Switch the bacon for a slab of ham, and suddenly all KFC is serving up is a fast food version of a very popular entrie, named chicken cordon bleu!

Ken

Cloud9Gal
April 2nd, 2010, 17:35
OK, so now I'm supposed to believe that a serving of chicken cordon bleu is poison?

I really think some of these websites are extreme. Or perhaps it is merely the fact that KFC is a corporation that earns them such rebuke!

There are a lot of food products with more calories and fat grams. Switch the bacon for a slab of ham, and suddenly all KFC is serving up is a fast food version of a very popular entrie, named chicken cordon bleu!

Ken

Good point Ken! I still won't eat it, but I agree with the "these websites are extreme". And you are also correct is stating that there's a lot of food out there with more calories and fat grams.

MCDesigns
April 2nd, 2010, 18:12
LOL, if you are worried about calories and cholesterol, you shouldn't be eating fast food, especially KFC. Looks pretty tasty to me, might have to go try one, I figure an extra hour in the gym can justify it, LOL.

I love how this website states it is killing people nationwide, uum, no, people are killing themselves, it's not like they are tied to a chair and being force fed, LOL.

txnetcop
April 2nd, 2010, 18:15
Somebody hold a gun on me and help me force it down! LOL Look out stomach cause here it comes-food police be damned!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

djscoo
April 2nd, 2010, 18:15
I got really sick after eating Chicken Cordon Bleu one time, and I can't stand anything that even resembles it, so it's a no go for me...

N2056
April 2nd, 2010, 18:45
There can be only one!

rpjkw
April 2nd, 2010, 19:45
I'll be trying one. I allow myself a certain amount of cheating and that's about 6 months worth. In the interest of more healthy eating, maybe I'll layoff the french fries. Nope. Sanity has returned: I'll have FF, too.

Bob

brad kaste
April 3rd, 2010, 05:52
....I'd like to know how many Adam Richman (of Man vs. Food fame) could down in one sitting...

Ken Stallings
April 3rd, 2010, 06:23
I got really sick after eating Chicken Cordon Bleu one time, and I can't stand anything that even resembles it, so it's a no go for me...

Perfectly your right. And you can rest assured that no one will create a website trying to brow beat you into thinking differently. Now, if only people on the other side of the issue could show the same natural respect. :mixedsmi:

Cheers,

Ken

Roadburner440
April 3rd, 2010, 17:54
I have been waiting on this sandwich to come out forever. This is great news. And on the day that I have my physical health assessment for the military. The timing couldn't be anymore perfect. Might just have to get 2. :ernae:

Snuffy
April 3rd, 2010, 17:59
Of course nothing beats a good Dagwood!

Cloud9Gal
April 3rd, 2010, 18:03
Of course nothing beats a good Dagwood!

Holy Moly! No way I could eat that in one sitting. Whew! That's like a whole loaf of bread on ONE sandwich??!!

Snuffy
April 3rd, 2010, 18:09
Aww C'mon ... you could eat it in one sitting ... you'll just be sitting there for a very loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time. :d

Ken Stallings
April 3rd, 2010, 18:41
Aww C'mon ... you could eat it in one sitting ... you'll just be sitting there for a very loooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time. :d

LOL!!!

True story! When my dad was a teenager, he would work from sunup to sundown in the tobacco fields priming tobacco during the summer months out of school in eastern North Carolina. My grandmother would take a loaf of white bread (then about half the size of a standard loaf today) and slap a piece of bologna in between each two slices and stuff the sandwiches back in the empty bag.

This was his breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Of course, he was working from about 0600 to 1900 those days!

I've honestly never worked that hard a day in my whole life!

Ken

Cloud9Gal
April 3rd, 2010, 18:43
LOL!!!

True story! When my dad was a teenager, he would work from sunup to sundown in the tobacco fields priming tobacco during the summer months out of school in eastern North Carolina. My grandmother would take a loaf of white bread (then about half the size of a standard loaf today) and slap a piece of bologna in between each two slices and stuff the sandwiches back in the empty bag.

This was his breakfast, lunch, and dinner!

Of course, he was working from about 0600 to 1900 those days!

I've honestly never worked that hard a day in my whole life!

Ken

Now Ken, these are the type of short stories that warm my heart. Thanks for sharing!

Ken Stallings
April 3rd, 2010, 18:47
That's very kind of you, ma'me! :engel016:

Cheers,

Ken

Cloud9Gal
April 26th, 2010, 18:49
Ok I'm reviving this old thread, because I'm curious to find out if any of you have had a chance to taste it yet?

If so, share your thoughts?

MyassisDragon
April 26th, 2010, 22:31
Not for me, it looks like heart-attack-to-go. If you want it, go for it, I sure as heck won't try to stop you. It's your life.

Dain Arns
April 27th, 2010, 02:37
Ok I'm reviving this old thread, because I'm curious to find out if any of you have had a chance to taste it yet?

If so, share your thoughts?

No, no taste test here. But I 'love' the commercials.
Having a bunch of thin looking guys saying how wonderful it is.
Having no bread makes all the difference. Riiiiight.
I'm sure after eating dozens of them you'll still be amazingly skinny and fit. :rolleyes:

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TVLEB0lv1rw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Cazzie
April 27th, 2010, 02:54
Well I won't be eating it. It has cheese and bacon, two food items I do not eat. And the chicken is fried, not my preferable way of cooking chicken. I just do not handle anything cooked in grease well, even greasy hamburgers.

But I will contend that it is not so much what a person eats as how much of it they eat. The reason people in this nation are so obese is the amount of food they intake, not so much the kind of food. I eat small portions unless I am on a cross-country bicycle trip. Then nature allows me to eat as much as I want because I will need it for fuel.

Caz

Snuffy
April 27th, 2010, 03:01
Well I won't be eating it. It has cheese and bacon, two food items I do not eat. And the chicken is fried, not my preferable way of cooking chicken. I just do not handle anything cooked in grease well, even greasy hamburgers.

But I will contend that it is not so much what a person eats as how much of it they eat. The reason people in this nation are so obese is the amount of food they intake, not so much the kind of food. I eat small portions unless I am on a cross-country bicycle trip. Then nature allows me to eat as much as I want because I will need it for fuel.

Caz

Rumor has it you can get the meat grilled as well ... since KFC is now doing the "grillin" thing.

With regard to the comment of not eating Bacon and Cheese, whuddaya nutz? MMMMM BACON!

As to whether this "sandwich" has touched my lips .... I have to reply with a resounding NO.

Chicken is one of my least favorite meats ... I've only ever eaten at a KFC once in my life, I doubt I will ever break that record and make it two times.

Now if Arby's wanted to make a Roast Beef sandwich in a similar fashion, I might be half tempted to try it.

So tell us C9G ??? What did you think of it? ;)

Toastmaker
April 27th, 2010, 05:08
What is this abomination. . . no BREAD ??

The Earl of Sandwich is spinning in his grave. . . !

cheezyflier
April 27th, 2010, 06:08
i wonder about the timing of the commercial. in case you don't recognize the first guy in the commercial, here is the first thing he ever did.. it's totally hillarious, and i have 2 cousins who are exactly like this:

bhcA4Ry65FU

Navy Chief
April 27th, 2010, 07:22
Oh, oh.......

KFC better hope the U.S. Govt. doesn't hear about this. They're trying to limit our ability to eat salt, let alone something like this!

Almost makes me want to go buy/eat one, just to spite the $%&ards.......

But then I would only be hurting myself!

NC