PDA

View Full Version : IRIS Still Down!

falcon409
April 1st, 2010, 07:07
Looks as though David has really taken a hard hit on his site. He's been down for quite a while now. I've had a support ticket in the pipeline for over a week and half now, but I think he's got more important matters at hand. Hope everything get's straightened out.:salute:

jmig
April 1st, 2010, 08:03
Somebody must really have it in for him. Isn't this like the third or fourth time his site gets nuked? I know I have had to resign up at least three times.

Matt Wynn
April 1st, 2010, 08:23
yeah it's down...

The IRIS server had been used without our knowledge for malicious purposes and as a result has been removed temporarily. David, Karen and the server hosts are working together to determine the cause of this attack, rectify the issue and reinstate the IRIS server....

we can only hope this is sorted soon, I'm hoping that it is soon enough...

falcon409
April 1st, 2010, 08:26
Somebody must really have it in for him. Isn't this like the third or fourth time his site gets nuked? I know I have had to resign up at least three times.
Yea I believe so. Geeze, that's not a small site either, getting everything cleaned up and restored must be a major headache, not to mention getting safeguards in place to try to keep it from happening again. Like many developers though, he's got so much tied up in it that he really has to do what's necessary to get it back up and running.

It's a shame that there are people out there who seem to think it necessary to attack sites like that. I never have understood what they gain, if anything, other than the satisfaction that they brought another down. Stupid.

Matt Wynn
April 1st, 2010, 08:29
shame we can't backtrace a lot of them and hit them with a TEMPeST Attack... that'd wipe the smiles off their smug faces when they get brought down.... permanently :wiggle:

Txmmy83
April 9th, 2011, 06:44
What the hell Iris Simulations hacked again

agree with you Matt
if one of the hackers ever indentified a nice counter attack to them would be the right answer

Best Regards
Thomas

ZEUS67
April 9th, 2011, 06:49
Speaking from our experience, it seems that the culprits are criminal gangs looking for small business sites. Once they have found one, they inject malicious software in the hope of snaring that business customers and stealing their data and money.

If they can't, well they thoroughly trash the site in reprisal.

That's what happened to us.

falcon409
April 9th, 2011, 07:28
It just seems that IRIS gets hit more often than any one site I can think of. I've lost track of the number of times they've had to close to repair the damage and in the process we've had to go through the registration process all over again. It's almost like someone has a personal vendetta against them. . .waits for them to recover. . . .let's the site run for a bit and then hits it again and sits back and watches his handiwork.

Francois
April 9th, 2011, 08:18
Sad people.

falcon409
April 9th, 2011, 10:24
Sad people.
To be sure Francois. I'm surprised someone hasn't found a way to shut him out of Facebook and twitter as well, lol. :salute:

warchild
April 9th, 2011, 11:02
Well, some people DO have personal vendetta's against him, but i'm not pointing any fingers, nor do i wanna see anyone else pointing them either.. I'm sure that David, Karen and the authorities will get to the bottom of it..

Ferry_vO
April 9th, 2011, 11:14
Here's what David said on Facebook a few days ago:

The website is currently unavailable. Due to a nasty Malware issue, (which apparently I'd paid protection for!) the server hosts pulled the server down without notice.. needless to say I'm not happy with them and are changing servers.

gradyhappyg
April 9th, 2011, 11:30
Well while Iris is down Falcon if your issue is nothing personal maybe some of us fellow Iris product users can help out. Not me so much as I am kind of a dummy but even I can get lucky every now and then. Perhaps some of the more savy folks here can help out.

falcon409
April 9th, 2011, 12:15
Well while Iris is down Falcon if your issue is nothing personal maybe some of us fellow Iris product users can help out. Not me so much as I am kind of a dummy but even I can get lucky every now and then. Perhaps some of the more savy folks here can help out.
My original post was a year ago, I don't even know what it would have been for now. I don't have any current issues other than the AP for the BD5 jet and I've already corrected that with the help of the SOH Gurus.:salute: