PDA

View Full Version : I wet my pants!

ryanbatc
March 30th, 2010, 17:48
New Carenado Bonanza shots!!!!

http://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/incomings.php3

Ken Stallings
March 30th, 2010, 18:00
We are truly having a GA rennaissance for FSX.

Ken

Matt Wynn
March 30th, 2010, 18:02
looking good :wiggle:

(But wheres the Butterfly Tail?):icon_lol:

ryanbatc
March 30th, 2010, 18:03
looking good :wiggle:

(But wheres the Butterfly Tail?):icon_lol:

That's their next one we hope hehe

Kiwikat
March 30th, 2010, 18:07
So how many of you noticed the misaligned texture under the tail?

:kilroy:

This is looking to be the same old Carenado...

ryanbatc
March 30th, 2010, 18:15
Since I can't paint worth a darn I didn't notice it.

What would Carenado be without a mis-aligned tail texture though lol!

I'll be buying it for sure. A FPS friendly fast single! woo!

hews500d
March 30th, 2010, 18:16

Where is the misaligned texture? I'm unable to see it.

Darrell

harleyman
March 30th, 2010, 18:20

Oh Geessssseeee !

Thats what they use magik markers for.....

tigisfat
March 30th, 2010, 18:33

I know that I'm the minority around here, because we've had conversations like this before, but I prefer it that way. I'd rather have the edited photoreal look and the problems it comes with than the flawless but cartoony hand painted stuff.

Even with misaligned textures, photoreal still looks, well.....photoreal.

Kiwikat
March 30th, 2010, 18:36
Where is the misaligned texture? I'm unable to see it.

Darrell

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/whippetstorm/misaligned.jpg

It is difficult to see here because of jpeg compression. If you look at that spot in the original photo, its pretty obvious.

This isn't nitpicking either. Other developers have no problems mapping their aircraft correctly. It is about time Carenado starts doing it right. The awful mapping is the reason I didn't release any paints for the Saratoga. I don't want my favorite GA plane ruined by poor mapping technique.

Kiwikat
March 30th, 2010, 18:38
I know that I'm the minority around here, because we've had conversations like this before, but I prefer it that way. I'd rather have the edited photoreal look and the problems it comes with than the flawless but cartoony hand painted stuff.

That isn't my point here. The photoreal textures are fine- it is what Carenado does and I can't do anything to change it. The least they could do is line them up properly!

Matt Wynn
March 30th, 2010, 18:40

I agree Tig,but i will say photoreal only really works (In my opinion) over photoreal Scenery areas, but i'm a repainter who finds more fun hand drawing than photo-copying onto textures, other repainters may be after you for saying 'cartoony' textures, every artist has a style, for some it's realism and for some it's representative, kinda like comparing Monet to Andy Warhol... another thing that hits me about photoreal.... can they please not try to include the topside shine and underside shadow on photoreal paints... it kinda looks daft at a high bank angle and seeing grey where it should be lighter... *Steps aways after voicing his 2cents*

ryanbatc
March 30th, 2010, 18:41
Hmmmm I wonder what they're putting in here:

Maybe my RXP GNS430W will fit :jump:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/gns.jpg

Kiwikat
March 30th, 2010, 18:43

Maybe my RXP GNS430W will fit :jump:

Yup, it'll fit. It will be the first thing I do after installing the plane.

MCDesigns
March 30th, 2010, 19:03
yep, after blowing up the image 500% in PSD, you can see that it is a couple of pixels off, but seeing as I will probably never see that area during use, I doubt I'll worry about it, LOL.

Lionheart
March 30th, 2010, 22:10
Nice looking Bonanza. Thanks for the heads up Ryan. Looks like another beauty by Carenado.

Bill

Piglet
March 31st, 2010, 01:52
That tailcone texture is not off. It's just the tailcone installed a little crooked. It's just 8-10 sheetmetal screws holding it. Planes in RL often have misaligned stripes, graphics,etc.

Rimshot
March 31st, 2010, 03:28

Maybe my RXP GNS430W will fit

Sure it will. It's a Garmin 400 and that has the same size as a 430. By putting in a 430 one of the radios would become obsolete though, so I hope the model allows editing of the panel. I bet the RXP 530 would suit the plane too.

Kiwikat
March 31st, 2010, 05:39
That tailcone texture is not off. It's just the tailcone installed a little crooked. It's just 8-10 sheetmetal screws holding it. Planes in RL often have misaligned stripes, graphics,etc.

Why does no other addon have that then? Where it is off, there is no seam or anything. I don't buy your explanation, sorry. It follows their pattern from the past. Carenado is notorious for misaligned textures. They did not do that on purpose. The Saratoga had misaligned parts in several spots- to the point where any paint with stripes looked stupid.

Sure, this won't stop me from buying the plane. I've been more eager for a FSX Bonanza than just about anyone. (Those who know me can attest to that) I just don't want this to be another usual Carenado plane with all the usual Carenado problems. I want to be able to paint this plane without the stripes being ruined by their mapping!

Piglet
March 31st, 2010, 06:55
Sorry, I just work on them in real life, what do I know...:wavey:
However, as you say, I'm sure the devs simply misaligned the tex's, i.e. they weren't trying for the "tailconecone put on crooked" look.

Kiwikat
March 31st, 2010, 06:58
Sorry, I just work on them in real life, what do I know...:wavey:
However, as you say, I'm sure the devs simply misaligned the tex's, i.e. they weren't trying for the "tailconecone put on crooked" look.

Then why isn't there a seam there? :kilroy:

Lionheart
March 31st, 2010, 10:34
Why does no other addon have that then? Where it is off, there is no seam or anything. I don't buy your explanation, sorry. It follows their pattern from the past. Carenado is notorious for misaligned textures. They did not do that on purpose. The Saratoga had misaligned parts in several spots- to the point where any paint with stripes looked stupid.

Sure, this won't stop me from buying the plane. I've been more eager for a FSX Bonanza than just about anyone. (Those who know me can attest to that) I just don't want this to be another usual Carenado plane with all the usual Carenado problems. I want to be able to paint this plane without the stripes being ruined by their mapping!

You havent looked hard at mine.. Blemishes all over the things..

Kiwi,

You are looking at only faults. Doesnt that drive you nuts? If that is all you look for, then you'll never see the cool things some of these planes have. If I wanted, I could find more faults then you as I know where to look, but I am more concerned with the cool things rather then oversights and mistakes.

Look for the good. It will save your stomach...

Bill

Kiwikat
March 31st, 2010, 10:52
Bill, as I said, I am probably more excited for the Bonanza than almost anyone. I am pointing out the flaws so that they will hopefully be fixed before release. It will pain me if this release is sub-par. No one else is likely to make another straight tail Bonanza because there will already be one on the market. So this one has to be good!

Constant praise doesn't improve anything. Pointing out what can/should be improved is the way developers get better. That's sort of the reason for beta testing... at least in my mind.

I will be giving my praise after it is released.

My stomach is perfectly fine! :salute: