PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Shrimp! eeks...

Lionheart
March 30th, 2010, 10:12
Hey all,

How about a Shrimp nearly a yard (meter) long!? yes....

One attached itself to a small deep ocean robot, probably at 8400 feet depth. The 'thing' isnt actually in the shrimp family, more like a bug known to be on the dry land, but very small. This was HUGE...!

One person commented, "Mmmmm.... That looks apetizing" Most of the others grossed out at the sight of it.

More here, with a photo.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/03/30/terrifying-sea-critter-from-oceans-depths/?test=faces

Bill

Snuffy
March 30th, 2010, 10:25
Guess I'll go delete my duplicate post then.

Willy
March 30th, 2010, 10:26
That looks like something the Cajuns would drag out the crawfish boiling pot for!

TARPSBird
March 30th, 2010, 10:39
Jeez, that's hideous - looks like a cross between a lobster,a cockroach and a centipede.

Matt Wynn
March 30th, 2010, 10:43
Jeez, that's hideous - looks like a cross between a lobster,a cockroach and a centipede.

I'd still eat it! :icon_lol: wheres them Cajuns and their cooking pot ?

Terry
March 30th, 2010, 11:19
Did this appear before or after they started the Hadron Collider? Shades of the 50's sci-fi B movies.

boxcar
March 30th, 2010, 11:25
Did this appear before or after they started the Hadron Collider?

~rotfl!~ Yeah, they did finally fire that beast up successfully recently. Blame it on the Higg's boson.

.............................................. It's what eats you after you go down with the ship.

Lionheart
March 30th, 2010, 11:27
Reminds me of the movie 'District 9'.

Could it be that they crash landed here? lol

Odie
March 30th, 2010, 11:31
I'd still eat it! :icon_lol: wheres them Cajuns and their cooking pot ?

Yep, if it swims, it can be a meal in many different ways, too! Just ask Forrest Gump's friend, Bubba !:mixedsmi:

Tako_Kichi
March 30th, 2010, 12:28
Reminds me of one of Hagrid's Blast Ended Skrewt's! :icon_lol:

harleyman
March 30th, 2010, 15:04
I'll pass on it..................

looks nasty to me....

Well, Maybe a set of legs and some clarified butter......barf

N2056
March 30th, 2010, 15:58
We're gonna need a bigger barbie...:eek:

TomSteber
March 31st, 2010, 03:51
Did this appear before or after they started the Hadron Collider? Shades of the 50's sci-fi B movies.

LMAO!!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

Matt Wynn
March 31st, 2010, 03:56
I'll pass on it..................

looks nasty to me....

Well, Maybe a set of legs and some clarified butter......barf

more for me then :icon_lol: as i said i'll eat anything... that on a nice bed of rice, after being cooked lobster style in boiling water and drizzled with some lemon Juice, and a glass of wine to go with it i'm sure would be an enjoyable meal...

Animal
March 31st, 2010, 04:02
Send that beast back to the pits of hell from which it spawned!

MudMarine
March 31st, 2010, 04:19
I agree with Bill!! That thing was in the "District 9" movie? YUUUUKKKK!!:icon_lol:

Cazzie
March 31st, 2010, 04:30
Why does that look like some rubber-suited monster from a B-movie?

It does look fake to me, no matter how true it may be.

Anyhow, I don't like seafood except for fish! But for those that do, the meat in the tail of that beast could feed a village! Make a hell of Jambalaya Willy.

Caz

Matt Wynn
March 31st, 2010, 04:45
the meat in the tail of that beast could feed a village! Make a hell of Jambalaya Willy.

Caz

or one very hungry me :icon_lol: i've eaten my fair share of seafood... everything from Sushi (Urchin being quite nice) to my favourite eating fish... Swordfish, grilled... uh oh i'm having a relapse! *Falls on the floor drooling imagining a nice thick swordfish fillet*

Terry
March 31st, 2010, 06:10
or one very hungry me :icon_lol: i've eaten my fair share of seafood... everything from Sushi (Urchin being quite nice) to my favourite eating fish... Swordfish, grilled... uh oh i'm having a relapse! *Falls on the floor drooling imagining a nice thick swordfish fillet*

So what are you going to do after you have eaten it and have grown to 50' tall running around in a diaper with the military chasing you? :bump:

Matt Wynn
March 31st, 2010, 06:37
use an ABRAMS barrel as a nifty cigarette holder? or use my fieldcraft training to it's full extent :icon_lol:

dogknot
March 31st, 2010, 06:55

Mmmmm........mercury..........with a side of brain damage.

limjack
March 31st, 2010, 07:37
Get me a Huge hook and time to go fishing for Walter with that bait.

Jim

Snuffy
March 31st, 2010, 10:07
They put some more shots of this bad boy up on the site ...

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/scitech/2010/03/30/sea-monster-giant-crustacean/?slide=1

Considerably smaller than first thought based on the first picture.

GT182
March 31st, 2010, 10:07
So what are you going to do after you have eaten it and have grown to 50' tall running around in a diaper with the military chasing you? :bump:

We'll get him over here and send him to Washington,DC. Then he can drop a big poop on Congress for us. ;)

Looks like a nice light snack to me. Better lookin eats than some of the other stuff swimmin around in the ocean. :rolleyes: ;)

Lionheart
March 31st, 2010, 10:28
eeeks.. man, now I am ill.. That is just gross looking..

Giant bugs...!

The new face shot is just... just... arrgh..

Terry
March 31st, 2010, 10:55
Wasen't that the thing Quartermass dug out of a London subway in Five Million Miles to Earth?