PDA

View Full Version : C-124 Ready for (down)loading.

Hurricane91
March 30th, 2010, 03:46
Rear loading doors and tail support (shift+e, 2).
@Simviation,Downloads, FSX, Military.
Fantastic, thank you Mr. Kristensen.

PRB
March 30th, 2010, 07:21
Cool, thanks for the HU! Love all the JBK planes!

pbearsailor
March 30th, 2010, 08:03
Thanks, Jens, for doing this one. Looks great!

I used to fly with a fella that was a flight engineer on these things. Talked about 20 hour flights across the Pacific. He said, "it was a collection of pieces moving through the air, none of which were connected to each other!"

cheers,
steve :wavey:

JimC1702
March 30th, 2010, 19:05
Very nice! Thanks for the heads up.

Jim

tigisfat
March 30th, 2010, 19:15
This is pretty cool. Any VC?

deathfromafar
March 30th, 2010, 19:32
This is pretty cool. Any VC?

The VC is basic but still nice.

falcon409
March 30th, 2010, 20:15
Thanks, Jens, for doing this one. Looks great!
I used to fly with a fella that was a flight engineer on these things. Talked about 20 hour flights across the Pacific. He said, "it was a collection of pieces moving through the air, none of which were connected to each other!"
cheers,
steve
lol, Pretty funny, that was kinda my impression the first time I flew in a C-119 from Texas to Newburgh, NY. Jens C-124 is a nice model, well done and the VC is comfortable enough to keep you happy on a long flight. I don't normally fly big stuff like this, but I like this one.

Lateral-G
April 1st, 2010, 16:52
Is any one else having an issue with transparent engine cylinders?

-G-

GunnyG
April 1st, 2010, 21:51
lol, Pretty funny, that was kinda my impression the first time I flew in a C-119 from Texas to Newburgh, NY. Jens C-124 is a nice model, well done and the VC is comfortable enough to keep you happy on a long flight. I don't normally fly big stuff like this, but I like this one.

I PCS'd from NAS JRB Ft Worth to my last duty station, a USMC KC-130 squadron at Stewart ANGB Newburgh NY.

falcon409
April 1st, 2010, 22:05
I PCS'd from NAS JRB Ft Worth to my last duty station, a USMC KC-130 squadron at Stewart ANGB Newburgh NY.
Wow Gunny, it is a small world. I would have been at Stewart in the fall of '69 I believe. Got out of active duty in mid 1970 and was out for 16 years before going back in as a Reservist with the 301st and retired 3 years ago (my last 5 years as an Air Reserve Technician).

We were only at Stewart for a week I think. We took about 6 of our F-102's up there to train with the crews at Stewart (since they were also an ADC Base). I liked the area a lot.

I'm sure you've had this experience, but I could sometimes walk into the BX at a base I happened to be deployed to or stationed at and run into someone I knew from a previous base. It never ceased to amaze me how fellow airmen always seemed to cross paths over the years. It still happens from time to time when I happen to be near a base and stop in to look around the BX, I'll run into someone who knew someone who knew this guy I used to know, lol, lol.
I know I'm not a Marine, but I have always had great respect for fellow military whatever branch they were from. . .so Gunny. . .Semper Fi!!:salute:

Z-AZ1USN
April 2nd, 2010, 07:51
Rear loading doors and tail support (shift+e, 2).
@Simviation,Downloads, FSX, Military.
Fantastic, thank you Mr. Kristensen.

So where do I D/L this from? Thanks...

JimC1702
April 2nd, 2010, 09:53
It's at Simviaton, AVSIM, or Flightsim.com.

Jim

andersel
April 2nd, 2010, 09:58
Yep. Another of Jens' masterpieces for us to wallow in.

Hurricane91
April 2nd, 2010, 15:55
Is any one else having an issue with transparent engine cylinders?

-G-

Yes, mine did also. I think a file may be missing. I tried the engine texture that OBIO did for JBK's AW 27 Ensign found here...
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=33545&page=2

Scroll down the page to find the attached file "cyl_16..zip". Just download, unzip, and place the file in the "texture shared" folders of both C-124s. That seemes to work well.

Lateral-G
April 2nd, 2010, 19:42
Yes, mine did also. I think a file may be missing. I tried the engine texture that OBIO did for JBK's AW 27 Ensign found here...
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=33545&page=2

Scroll down the page to find the attached file "cyl_16..zip". Just download, unzip, and place the file in the "texture shared" folders of both C-124s. That seemes to work well.

Thanks Hurricane.....

-G-

Roger
April 4th, 2010, 03:45
Thank you Jens:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/C124-1.jpg