PDA

View Full Version : Blue Angels delta formation

tigisfat
March 29th, 2010, 20:44
check it out:

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/formation%20screenshots/2010-3-28_12-20-6-850.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/formation%20screenshots/2010-3-28_12-19-1-336.jpg

peter12213
March 30th, 2010, 00:55
What scenery is that mate, its very nice, also nice shots!

X_eidos2
March 30th, 2010, 03:43
Looks like you're having way too much fun :jump:

Of course you can take the Blue's formation to one higher level of detail - having the different tail numbers on the different planes. Microsoft made that easy for you by providing six different texture sets. All you have to do is go in and edit the aircraft name to match the title name in the Aircraft cfg file. In the case of the Blues that would be title=FA-18 Hornet becomes in the FRC file:

track 1
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet"
track 2
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet 1"
track 3
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet 2"
track 4
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet 3"
track 5
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet 4"
track 6
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet 5"

or something like this, depending on which aircraft got assigned to which track.

Well done

tigisfat
March 30th, 2010, 10:52
Looks like you're having way too much fun :jump:

Of course you can take the Blue's formation to one higher level of detail - having the different tail numbers on the different planes. Microsoft made that easy for you by providing six different texture sets. All you have to do is go in and edit the aircraft name to match the title name in the Aircraft cfg file. In the case of the Blues that would be title=FA-18 Hornet becomes in the FRC file:

track 1
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet"
track 2
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet 1"
track 3
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet 2"
track 4
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet 3"
track 5
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet 4"
track 6
aircraft="FA-18 Hornet 5"

or something like this, depending on which aircraft got assigned to which track.

Well done

I'm still working on that, and it's not going to well for me.

What I really want is someone to get blue flight suits and gold helmets on the pilots. A couple people fixed the thunderbirds already.

Shylock
March 31st, 2010, 00:11
I did the Blue flight suites and Gold helmets for our team found in our downloads section. Just go Multimedia then downloads http://www.fsxblueangels.com/main.html as well as making up this years team members name on the sides of the jets

warchild
March 31st, 2010, 00:16
Shylock?? Are you folks going to do a show this year?? I havent seen much of the VBA since LOMAC disappeared, and i really miss watching their stuff..

Shylock
March 31st, 2010, 01:25
We're supposed to have a show coming up the first weekend of May. We lost our number 8 guy who was the camera guy when he got back home from his service in the Army. He had gotten home and I guess had to catch up on life. We do live practices on our livestream on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

tigisfat
March 31st, 2010, 07:23
We're supposed to have a show coming up the first weekend of May. We lost our number 8 guy who was the camera guy when he got back home from his service in the Army. He had gotten home and I guess had to catch up on life. We do live practices on our livestream on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I could do that, I enjoy setting up shots (as above) and I can put the aircraft in just about any place around a formation.

Matt Wynn
March 31st, 2010, 07:37
Shylock, if you'll allow me to join you with my Edge 540 I could perform a pre-show warm up for you guys :icon_lol:

tigisfat
March 31st, 2010, 07:46
I did the Blue flight suites and Gold helmets for our team found in our downloads section. Just go Multimedia then downloads http://www.fsxblueangels.com/main.html as well as making up this years team members name on the sides of the jets

Do you guys have a fat albert pilot? I could tear that up too.

Shylock
March 31st, 2010, 17:56
Currently we have a full team as far as our demo guys go. But we are opening the applications this month looking for a number 8 and a back up demo pilot. I'll send you guys PM's when we release the news letter. Great job on the pics by the way. Did you get the pilot uniforms in our download section? When you put them you'll need to use caution if you like to have only the Blue Angels Hornets with the uniforms. You'll need to place that texture into the Blue Angels texture folders only.

tigisfat
March 31st, 2010, 19:10
Currently we have a full team as far as our demo guys go. But we are opening the applications this month looking for a number 8 and a back up demo pilot. I'll send you guys PM's when we release the news letter. Great job on the pics by the way. Did you get the pilot uniforms in our download section? When you put them you'll need to use caution if you like to have only the Blue Angels Hornets with the uniforms. You'll need to place that texture into the Blue Angels texture folders only.

I haven't done it yet.

Sure, I'll bet I could get after some being number 8. I'll be awaiting your PM. I think I've actually flown online with you before.