PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PTO PBY cat 45

tenspeed
March 29th, 2010, 11:02
The plane works fine except when I quit CFS3 with it being the last plane I've flown, I get a CTD when I try to load the sim. The only way to load the sim is for me to remove the A/C from the A/C folder, load up, then re-install it after. As long as I change plane before I quit I don't have this problem. The PBY's that came with the ETO version don't have this problem (in the ETO) so it's either the PTO a/c or the plane having issues with the PTO install. Anyone else having this problem?

lewis11777
March 29th, 2010, 11:44
That might be a sound alias issue. Check and see if the sound file is aliased, if so put the actual sound folder in the affected CAT folder and see if the game reloads without crashing.

BeauBrummie
March 29th, 2010, 12:05
I concur with Lewis on this one. They are classic sopund file issues. Often you get the stock file in the aircraft, with maybe an ETO/PTO one as well, but not always.

SLIP STREAM
March 29th, 2010, 12:59
tenspeed,beau+lewis hit it. there are three assemblers that put up pby's for pto.the last two with bravo's skins are paired. the part 2 black cat has the sound folder from the eto cat's.make sure you have that loaded into the black cat.the last cat uploaded,is referenced off of the black cat. the other two cats uploaded don't.but can use the sound reference file from the last cat.just swap the whole folder two the other two cats delete the plane and main BDP's
also make sure you have all the listed weapons in the xdp's. :kilroy:

tenspeed
March 29th, 2010, 13:09
Sound was it. Thanks. Seems when I put the sound file in I used the single 1830 instead of the 2x 1830.