PDA

View Full Version : Epic Victory Take Off Run

cko1
March 29th, 2010, 05:22
Hello to all,

It is a great plane, but I have trouble to keep her straight during the take off run no matter how careful I steer and apply power. The rudder input is ultra sensitive even more than a propeller plane with big torque. I know it is very light weight but I don not think it is the cause of it, any advise?

~ Charles, KDTW

Lionheart
March 29th, 2010, 10:08
Hey Charles,

If you have already tried 'very small amounts' of rudder input, as suggested, and that didnt help, then you simply need to change the rudder angle 'max' amount.

Open your 'aircraft.cfg' file in the Epic Victory folder with Windows Notepad program and paruse down to the 'contacts' section. Change the rudder angle in the nose gear string as like this;

Here is the stock nose gear string;
point.0 = 1, 12.0, 0, -3.35, 1381, 0, 0.67, 30.0, 0.245, 2.450, 1.0, 4.8, 4.8, 0, 184.0, 184.0

Change the '30' to something smaller, lets say 15, which would be half as strong, and see if that works ok for you. Experiment with the setting until you are happy with it.

If you can learn to use very slight rudder input, then you could keep the present 30 degrees, which is brilliant for turning into parking spaces and such. I think though that some people have delicate yoke controls and that may be the culprit.

Bill
LHC

Snave
March 29th, 2010, 13:07
...is to simply put in a bit of nose-down elevator when starting the t/o run.

cko1
March 30th, 2010, 04:46
Hey Charles,

If you have already tried 'very small amounts' of rudder input, as suggested, and that didnt help, then you simply need to change the rudder angle 'max' amount.

Open your 'aircraft.cfg' file in the Epic Victory folder with Windows Notepad program and paruse down to the 'contacts' section. Change the rudder angle in the nose gear string as like this;

Here is the stock nose gear string;
point.0 = 1, 12.0, 0, -3.35, 1381, 0, 0.67, 30.0, 0.245, 2.450, 1.0, 4.8, 4.8, 0, 184.0, 184.0

Change the '30' to something smaller, lets say 15, which would be half as strong, and see if that works ok for you. Experiment with the setting until you are happy with it.

If you can learn to use very slight rudder input, then you could keep the present 30 degrees, which is brilliant for turning into parking spaces and such. I think though that some people have delicate yoke controls and that may be the culprit.

Bill
LHC

Hi Bill,

Thank you for the quick reponse. I tried your suggestion of 15 degrees rudder with "clear weather" and found it worked ok, then I reverted to 30 degrees rudder and found it worked ok too. So I can conclude that the cross wind did the trick since the weather was not good over SEA few days ago when I used real time weather dowload. It is quite reasonable for such a light weight aircraft sensitive to cross wind. Your config file is fine. Thank yoy again for your help.

~ Charles, KDTW