PDA

View Full Version : WIP Skin for Bill Lyon's Waco Classic

OBIO
March 28th, 2010, 21:04
Spent some time today working on a project I started some time ago that got set aside and collected dust. Bill Lyon's Waco Classic. I have the first new skin nearly done...have a few tweaks to do and some alpha channel work to do. Should have it ready to upload in a day or two.

I have modified the MDL for my personal use....I took the MDL file into Martin Wright's MDLmat and pulled the specular shine WAY back. If anyone knows how to contact Mr. Lyon's and can PM me with that contact info, I will contact him and see if he will permit me to upload the modified MDL files for the wheeled and float versions of the Waco Classic.

OBIO

andersel
March 28th, 2010, 21:18
Another beauty Tim. Thanks forf all of your wonderful work!

Mick
March 29th, 2010, 05:26
...If anyone knows how to contact Mr. Lyon's and can PM me with that contact info, I will contact him and see if he will permit me to upload the modified MDL files for the wheeled and float versions of the Waco Classic.
OBIO

As far as I know, Bill Lyons stopped answering e-mails about FS matters a few years back, when he retired from FS development.

I recall trying to contact him at his then-latest e-mail address when we wanted to use some of his files in the Old Rhinebeck AI package, way back then. It must've been a valid e-address because the messages didn't bounce, but he didn't reply. I wasn't the only one who wrote to him and nobody else got a reply either. When we mentioned this in the forum, a couple others replied that they'd also tried to contact him and got no answer.

As in your case, all we needed was a simple "yes" or "no."