PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I use to like these guys.

lifejogger
March 28th, 2010, 18:06
I'm showing my age.

<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ImLhAbLT4c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

Panther_99FS
March 28th, 2010, 18:45
You do realize that's our beloved 'Enry in th back and in the middle doncha'? :d

lifejogger
March 28th, 2010, 19:03
No kidding, or is that a joke???? No I think you are right that does look like him.

djscoo
March 28th, 2010, 19:23
Wow...that dance!
It's like the early (yet still as ridiculous looking) precursor to hardcore dancing.
(I would post a link to show what hardcore dancing looks like but it's probably best if you peruse youtube yourself.:mixedsmi:)

(click at your own risk)
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hardcore+dancing&search_type=&aq=f

Ken Stallings
March 28th, 2010, 19:30
I think Panther's pulling your leg. I believe Henry's real first name is well ... Henry.

The original members of that band were Lead Singer Freddy Garitty (deceased), Drummer Bernie Dwyer (deceased), Bassist Peter Birrell (drives a taxi cab), Guitarist Dereck Quinn (lives in Cheshire, UK), and Guitarist Roy Crewdson (lives in Tenerife, UK).

Our Henry lives in Louisiana I believe.

Cheers,

Ken

Panther_99FS
March 28th, 2010, 20:06
I think Panther's pulling your leg. I believe Henry's real first name is well ... Henry.

The original members of that band were Lead Singer Freddy Garitty (deceased), Drummer Bernie Dwyer (deceased), Bassist Peter Birrell (drives a taxi cab), Guitarist Dereck Quinn (lives in Cheshire, UK), and Guitarist Roy Crewdson (lives in Tenerife, UK).

Cheers,

Ken

Yeah but 'ol 'Enry is from the UK...:d

b52bob
March 28th, 2010, 21:03
I almost forgot...seen Freddy at U Tapao in 1968.

They were weird!

Willy
March 28th, 2010, 21:22
And our Henry was in a band at one time...

andersel
March 28th, 2010, 21:24
I believe every word. But hell, I was only 11y/o

demorier
March 29th, 2010, 00:16
Kind of 60's mersey beat stuff.

Snuffy
March 29th, 2010, 03:12
Seems like an awful lot of work just to sing a song ... :bump:

jmig
March 29th, 2010, 03:22
Hey, I like that song! Brings back good memories. :d

stewpot
March 29th, 2010, 04:39

Cheers,

Ken

Ken,

Small correction - Tenerife is part of The Canary Islands just off the African Coast [ considerably sunnier and warmer than where I'm sitting ].:icon_lol:

stuart

Navy Chief
March 29th, 2010, 04:55
I love that song!!!

NC

lifejogger
March 29th, 2010, 05:14
I love that song!!!

NC

Actually I think it was the best song they ever did, it is just the dancing :isadizzy:

TARPSBird
March 29th, 2010, 10:57
Here's the training film for that goofy dance. :d

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y4LlztpjXtI"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y4LlztpjXtI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

djscoo
March 29th, 2010, 11:11
Here's the training film for that goofy dance. :d

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y4LlztpjXtI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="344" width="425"></object>

@1:04 you witness the birth of punk rock...

srgalahad
March 29th, 2010, 11:49

Cheers,

Ken

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... the Witness Protection Program really does work..:jump:

Ken Stallings
March 29th, 2010, 17:19
Ken,

Small correction - Tenerife is part of The Canary Islands just off the African Coast [ considerably sunnier and warmer than where I'm sitting ].:icon_lol:

stuart

Ah yes, indeed, a very significant difference! :icon_lol:

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings
March 29th, 2010, 17:20
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... the Witness Protection Program really does work..:jump:

Well, Henry has rather much avoided this thread, hasn't he!

Hope I haven't made him nervous! :icon_lol:

Ken