PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy this?

Rezabrya
March 28th, 2010, 17:15
I am considering buying my first RealityXP GPS. I don't really know much about GPS's so I would appreciate it if you guys would give me some input. Also, I would like to know what planes I can use it on and how to install it.

MCDesigns
March 28th, 2010, 17:21
I think you should ask yourself, "am I really going to use it?"

Personally, I have never really had a need for any of them, the default are more than enough for me.

BUT, I know simmers that swear by the RealityXP stuff.

Lionheart
March 28th, 2010, 17:27
If..... You are a student pilot and you wish to know how to work a real one, yes...!

If its just a GPS addon for your sim addon collection, then like Michael said, will you use it alot?

Bill

N2056
March 28th, 2010, 17:36
Why not start by getting solid on using the "stock" gps, and work up from there?

As has been pointed out earlier...how much do you think you will actually use it? That is the golden question!

Rezabrya
March 28th, 2010, 17:47
I would use it but I think I have decided I will just wait for a while and do some more hops and see if I really need to upgrade.

clmooring
March 28th, 2010, 18:04
I debated buying xp gps for a long, long time. I finally broke down and bought it for the realair duke... I love it. Simulation is all about simulating reality. I think it adds a lot of reality.

rvn817j
March 29th, 2010, 04:56
"I am considering buying my first RealityXP GPS. I don't really know much about GPS's so I would appreciate it if you guys would give me some input. Also, I would like to know what planes I can use it on and how to install it."

If you already own the Epic, Kodiak or Victory, Lionheart has some good instructions for using the capabilities of the built-in GPS capability. The system in those aircraft is quite good and may fulfill your desire for learning the "knobology" of today's advanced GPS / moving map systems. (Disclaimer - I have seen Bill's instructional videos for the Victory, but I have not purchased that great looking aircraft. The other two (2) aircraft I have purchased and I think they are very well done and loaded with useful stuff.) You can see Bill's videos on this thread -

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/33420-Epic-Victory-Mini-Biz-Jet-Released!/page10 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/33420-Epic-Victory-Mini-Biz-Jet-Released%21/page10)