PDA

View Full Version : Strange rain problem

Aztec
March 28th, 2010, 04:57
G'day all

I've just experienced a strange problem with the rain effect in FS9.

Most recently I have updated FSUIPC to 3.98, and it is a registered version (the update was required since ASV6.5 didn't like me running an older version if it was registered). Since then (or at least I think it has only just started happening), the transition from vertical rainfall to rain with a horizontal component occurs at around 115kts IAS (which look a bit odd when you're tooling around the circuit). Issue occurs with or without ASV6.5 running. I've scoured forums and can't find reports of a similar problem.

Wonder whether anyone has got any ideas on this (I thought I'd check in here before I go over to the FSUIPC forums an bother Pete in case the issue is unrelated to that module).

Cheers

Az

aeromed202
March 28th, 2010, 17:45
I had a similar? problem with snow but never got a response. You know how TV can make a spinning car wheel look it is spinning backwards, or a helicopter rotor seem to be not spinning? I think my situation of snow standing still at speeds greater than 80 from any viewpoint was my system not processing the effect fast enough. Your rain shift may be a similar phenomenon. Look closely as to what the rain drops are doing. As for a fix, I'm hoping a faster processor is in my future.

Aztec
March 29th, 2010, 05:29
Aeromed, you got me thinking there and I think you led me to a fix! Since I got the new system I had the FPS locked at 50 to test it out, however on the old one I had FPS locked at 25. After winding back to 30 FPS the rain transitioned at around 70 kts, and at 25 FPS about 60 kts.

Cheers

Az