View Full Version : dog 1, cops 0

cheezyflier
March 27th, 2010, 06:29
i know this dog is thinking
"I AM THE STRONGEST DOG ALIVE!!!!"

f9D9f_ySvkA

safn1949
March 27th, 2010, 06:49
I see 3 dead dogs in the future,unfortunately they are too dangerous to leave be.I can just see some kid on a bike tangling with them.It's a shame but there it is.

Willy
March 27th, 2010, 10:50
It's probably a good thing I wasn't driving that police car. The dog wouldn't have survived to do that much damage to it.

Bjoern
March 27th, 2010, 12:06
Congratulations canis lupus, you just proved to be the dumbest species on the planet...yet again.

tigisfat
March 27th, 2010, 12:20
Congratulations canis lupus, you just proved to be the dumbest species on the planet...yet again.

:icon_lol:

cheezyflier
March 27th, 2010, 12:25
i don't dispute that the dog was probably dangerous. it was still amusing though.

gecko65
March 27th, 2010, 12:31

Yeah, and then there's this dumb dog:

Hero dog saves boy, 11, from cougar attack (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34701355/ns/today-today_people/)

tigisfat
March 27th, 2010, 12:52
Why didn't that cop just LEAVE. As in, put that thing into reverse and get outta dodge?

Bjoern
March 27th, 2010, 12:56
Yeah, and then there's this dumb dog:

Hero dog saves boy, 11, from cougar attack (http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34701355/ns/today-today_people/)

He did what he have to do.

AckAck
March 27th, 2010, 13:54
Well, now we know what they would do if they caught one. (car)

Brian

leonross
March 27th, 2010, 18:16
Sorry , Cheezyflier , I didn't see your 1st post on the same video . I'll have to be more carefull in the future .

Ken Stallings
March 27th, 2010, 18:32
Sorry, I love dogs, but not like those three. That was ridiculous. Clearly those dogs are destructive and have been very poorly trained. So, yes, I actually wish the cops had shot them on the spot dead.

Like was said, if they were that destructive to a moving car, just imagine what they would do to someone on a bicycle!

Ken

JAMIE
March 27th, 2010, 18:37
Well, now we know what they would do if they caught one. (car)

Brian
Hello Prudential

Panther_99FS
March 27th, 2010, 18:59
Sorry, I love dogs, but not like those three. That was ridiculous.
Ken

Agreed..

leroy10
March 27th, 2010, 19:09
Hi All,

It's a shame people blame the dogs for the ignorance and neglect of their human owners. Oh look there's a dog being a dog lets shot it!

Would be better IMO to put the owners out of their misery not the dogs, the dogs can be trained. Chances are they have a bunch of kids running the streets that are just as feral as the dogs.

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

harleyman
March 27th, 2010, 19:17
Hi All,

It's a shame people blame the dogs for the ignorance and neglect of their human owners. Oh look there's a dog being a dog lets shot it!

Would be better IMO to put the owners out of their misery not the dogs, the dogs can be trained. Chances are they have a bunch of kids running the streets that are just as feral as the dogs.

Lindsay

I tend to agree..go after the owners if there are any...let them pay the price, plus dog training and adoption into a good home.

Ken Stallings
March 27th, 2010, 19:20
Hi All,

Lindsay

Easy to think that way until it's your child mauled by dogs with such poor obedience training standards!

I think my post made it clear the dogs were not properly trained and clearly that implies the fault of the owners. In terms of your statement about shooting the owners, I will choose to consider that hyperbole and ask that perhaps you consider it wasn't the most appropriate thing to post even as such.

I do not agree that all animal behavior is the fault of humans. Humans are not in control of all such things. When a pack of dogs get together, they can often morph into something else personality wise. And when they do, they often decide to stay that way. Dogs are self-aware animals and can display personality traits unique to themselves as a breed and individual dogs.

Cheers,

Ken

leroy10
March 27th, 2010, 19:36
Easy to think that way until it's your child mauled by dogs with such poor obedience training standards!
Cheers,

Ken

You don't need to be a child to be mauled to death by a dog but again it's not the fault of the animal which has been genetically modified to suit the needs of humans. I'm not aware of any dog mauling that there wasn't a certain level of human negligence involved, correct me if I'm wrong and I certainly wouldn't like to see it happen to anyone let alone a child.

Why is it we as a species have some weird conception that we can take a wild animal and redesign genetically and physiologically by behavioral modification training to such extents that it can no longer be itself. We honestly don't have that right and we have to stand up and take the blame when incidents do occur.

Last month it was a Killer whale, this weeks dogs, next week someones Grandmothers budgie is going to go postal somewhere.

Lindsay

Cheers
Lindsay

Ken Stallings
March 27th, 2010, 20:07
Killer whales are wild animals. Dogs are domesticated. Considerable difference there.

However, dog experts will tell you that given they are a pack animal, dogs also derive behavior models from other dogs they are around. What I am saying is that dogs get their behavior inputs from people in the same way they do other dogs. It is entirely a matter of whether the human owner asserts himself in the dog's eye as the alpha male or female of the pack. Dogs will also challenge for that alpha position. My mother had a spirited miniature spitz I was playing with one day and the little dog bit me on the nose. It was a challenge. I flipped the dog over on its back and put my hand on its neck, same as an alpha male will to a pack member who tries to test who's the boss. The little dog got wide eyes and calmed down soon as she realized she didn't have the strength to overcome my grip. From that moment onward, we had a great relationship. You just got to understand dog psychology and establish yourself as the alpha of their pack.

Once the dog accepts that reality, then the dog learns from the training of the human. However, when a dog gets among other dogs, it can sometimes quickly revert back to learning behavior from the dog perceived as the alpha male, which in this video was the one tearing away the front bumper.

I'm not going to deny that human neglect and also outright mistreatment contribute to dog misbehavior. No doubt whatsoever. It's particularly egregious in examples such as training pit bulls to fight. But, that doesn't account for all of it. I've been around enough dogs to realize long ago they are individuals as much as are humans. They have personalities unique to them and I've learned to appreciate and love those traits in each dog I have owned. It's part of what makes them special.

But those three dogs showed dangerous and destructive behavior, far too aggressive to allow to continue.

Cheers,

Ken

tigisfat
March 27th, 2010, 21:12
Ken's right.

Not all animal behavior can be controlled. Anyone who's been outside the wire in Iraq knows that there are packs of feral dogs around. Left to themselves, they do disturbing things, such as cannabalism or even taking down unable humans sometimes. The wierd part is, you can take a young puppy from these packs and adopt it and it may make a fine dog. Anyone who's been to Guam knows of the beloved 'boonie dogs' that have made many great pets.

On a side note, the same is true even for humans. Also in Iraq, many boys born to poor mothers are literally cast out on the street at ages as young as FOUR. There are packs of boys roaming the streets in many third world countries that display pack behaviors not unlike packs of feral dogs.

Cazzie
March 28th, 2010, 04:12
Look to me like the dogs were having fun and playing, their tails indicate such. certainly not the tail of a mad dog. The cop in the car kept backing up and to the dogs, that's play, any one with a rag or rubber toy knows that. I would like to see what caused the incident in the first place, but those three dogs do not look angry, they look like they're playing. Almost as if the whole stunt was a joke. If I were one of the cops and those dogs were serious, they would have long been put down by lead. They sure do not hesitate shopoting feral pit bulls here in danville, been four such shot this year, something like a dozen shot by cops last year. Danville has a leash law and any dog wandering free is open game, put up a fight and he's dead game.

Caz

tigisfat
March 28th, 2010, 08:58
Look to me like the dogs were having fun and playing, their tails indicate such.
The wagging tails only indicate excitement, not happiness or play. I've seen dogs flat out attack people with wagging tails.

gecko65
March 28th, 2010, 17:18
Usually dogs wag their tail when they are excited, playful, and/or happy.

Aggressive dogs have a rigid tail that sticks out or up from their body.

Different dogs key on different things. If you saw my Lab go off on the lawn mower after I start it, you'd see that she acts in a manner similar to the dog in the video. I have to put her inside or I can't mow the lawn, as she is constantly trying to rip the wheels off the thing. It's hilarious. Personally, I don't think she should be shot for attacking the lawn mower, because . . .

same dog has NEVER shown even the slightest aggressive behavior towards anyone in my family EVER! Does the possibility exist that one day she might devour us all? Yes, it is possible. And it is possible we'll be hit by lightning, or die in a plane crash. And it's probably more likely that we will become victim to some deranged psychopath high on drugs or drunk or whatever.

At this very moment, my 5YO son is out in the backyard with my lawn-mower-killing dog - I ain't worried about it. And don't think I don't love my son and worry about him more than anything else in this universe, on top of me being one of the more paranoid humans on the planet. I'm just not that damn worried about the dog.