PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi F-2 Canopy Problem

falcon409
March 27th, 2010, 05:54
This is for anyone who hasn't read the main post here and knows how to solve this. The canopy transparency on the F-2 is fine for daytime flights, however at night, when you turn on the interior lighting, the transparency goes opaque. I have looked at all the textures and cannot find one that I can adjust via the alpha to correct the problem.

Does anyone have this running in FSX that has a fix? Thanks!!:salute:

Daube
March 27th, 2010, 08:54
I fixed that back in the past, let me have a look in my textures...

peter12213
March 27th, 2010, 09:10
Thanks Falcon and Daube, I'm stumped on this one also!

Daube
March 27th, 2010, 09:37
Ok I took a look in the texture to see what I did in the past.
The texture that handles the canopy stuff is the f2_05_L.bmp (or f2_05_T.bmp, I don't remember the original one, I made a duplicate...). You'll have to invert the alfa chanel of this one.
In my texture, the alpha channel is completely white, execpted the oval of the canopy glass on the left, wich is light grey.

Of course I couldn't resist taking some shots of the beast :)

This is the vc with the pilot:
http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1001.jpg

This is the vc without the pilot, you just have to click on the switch above the master ARM.
http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1002.jpg

And just some shots of the beautifull external model, which has very cool animations and effects !
http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1003.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1004.jpg

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1005.jpg

falcon409
March 27th, 2010, 09:59
Ok. . .attached is the texture fix. Just drop this in each of the texture folders and overwrite.
A big "Thanks" to Daube for figuring this one out. I looked at that half a dozen times Daube and it never hit me that that image was the reflection I was seeing in the transparency, lol.

Daube
March 27th, 2010, 10:09
Glad I could help :)
By the way, do you know which file contains the canopy textures of the external model ? I have messed up the texture of the camo variant, now the sructure of the canopy is chromatic, ultra refelctive. The glass is OK, though...

falcon409
March 27th, 2010, 10:26
Boy, it's not real obvious, that's for sure. I would think it would have to be one of the three external textures, but I've looked at those and none of them show anything that looks close to a canopy frame.

merida72
March 27th, 2010, 10:39
small question...

in fsx model version you able to open the canopy?:isadizzy:

falcon409
March 27th, 2010, 11:43
small question...
in fsx model version you able to open the canopy?
I haven't tried that yet, but I do know that in some models that are FS9 port overs, the canopy will open and then shut again immediately. Others will say they are opening, but don't. If you've already tried and it doesn't work, then mine will probably be the same. Are you running FSX-Accel?

doublecool
March 27th, 2010, 12:06
This is a interesting Portover...

Does the Afterburner work on everyones...does not show on mine

and the parachute has a odd look to it...when deployed

other then she very nice

PS Thank you for the Glass Fix

falcon409
March 27th, 2010, 12:11
This is a interesting Portover...

Does the Afterburner work on everyones...does not show on mine

and the parachute has a odd look to it...when deployed

other then she very nice

PS Thank you for the Glass Fix
The AB doesn't work on mine and neither does the drag chute. The odd look you describe, can you post a pic? It may be an alpha problem.

You're right though, considering this never was developed any farther than the beta release, I've seen finished aircraft that weren't this nice.:salute:

Daube
March 27th, 2010, 15:49
The afterburner works just fine on mine.

To open the canopy, SHIFT+E will not work, you'll have to use the switches on the left in the VC. Read the manual ;)

I didn't try the parachute yet, I might take a close look to it tomorrow, I need some sleep right now :P

Last thing, for Falcon: I never experienced any trouble with the exit animations of any plane, may it be FSX native or FS9 port-over. If you open a door and then this door shuts again immediately, that certainely means that you are sitting next to a fuel area.

merida72
March 27th, 2010, 15:56
The afterburner works just fine on mine.

To open the canopy, SHIFT+E will not work, you'll have to use the switches on the left in the VC. Read the manual ;)

The simplest solution is always the best... ;) ;)

:jump:yes I running FSX-Accel...

peter12213
March 28th, 2010, 13:22
The afterburner works fine on mine I just replced the default with the Iris one, the canopy opens fine too, but the drag chute does look add, its solid and looks mirrored but works non the less! The switch is under the yellow octopus I think they call it for opening the canopy. Thanks for the Fix Daube and Falcon now this bird is how it should be! give me a shout if you need the cordinates for the Iris burner effect! :salute:

I've just tried the canopy fix and this is what I end up with, the frame looks completely see through outside works great inside though...

Can you share your fix Daube maybe??

Daube
March 28th, 2010, 14:10
I have the same problem, but only on the camo variant (the one you show).
The white birds are ok.
Also, if you pay attention, you'll notice the problem is not a see-through, it's in fact a super-chromatic reflection. It's not transparent.

peter12213
March 28th, 2010, 14:36
The problem for me is with all of the schemes and it is transparent the canopy frame on mine, I can see the runway right through the aircraft or whatever surface I'm on!