PDA

View Full Version : VRS Superbug update!

strykerpsg
March 26th, 2010, 20:02
For those awaiting their pending download:

FSX Official Ship Date Inside... (http://vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2474#p18364)

http://vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/styles/Dark-Shines/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=18364&f=1#p18364)by VRS Varmint (http://vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2) » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:11 pm
Hello everyone. First off I want to give a great big thank you to everyone who preordered, and especially to our existing FS9 customers who have come back to support us. It is very welcome and humbling to see your continued patronage and faith in us. You will not not be disappointed!

OK now for the bad news. We have hit a few snags that are going to delay us for a little over a week. I'm so confident that we can muddle through it in that time, I'm going to give an official release date: Thursday, April 8th. That's just about 12 days from now.

Here's the deal. We don't have sounds complete and we've still got one major issue that's causing problems for us. It's enough to put us in a holding pattern. As a consolation I'm going to make the manual available to all to read over. There are *still* no sections for specific A/A and A/G operations, or advanced navigation. But I KNOW you don't want us to delay again based on those sections, so we will get them complete in conjunction with SP1 for FSX and SP3 for FS9.

Here is the FSX Flight Manual. (http://www.vrsimulations.com/documentation/VRS_SuperbugXV2.zip)

About planned serivice packs:
SP1 for FSX will concentrate on multi-player enhancements as well as any issues that arise after release. We are building a system which will offer multi-player specific and AI options. This is a huge task, as it involves major model and code changes in order to deal with FSX's lack of support for anything "custom." We will attempt to wedge in some special multiplayer functionality using "surrogate" variables, whereby normal shared simulation variables which aren't affected by multiplayer modes are used to store values for custom internal systems.

SP3 for FS9 will concentrate on graphics and avionic upgrades to bring it more in line with the current FSX version. The virtual cockpit, external model, and all textures will be completely revamped. There won't be specular or bump mapping (of course), but it will take the current version to a new level.

Thank you for you patience everyone, and please enjoy the manual while you wait these last few days...
Jon "Varmint" Blum
Vertical Reality Simulations
http://www.vrsimulations.com/images/sigbanners/vrs_developer.png (http://www.vrsimulations.com/)

Matt

Kiwikat
March 26th, 2010, 20:05
Awesome!

I can definitely wait a couple weeks for the best military addon ever.

Thanks thanks thanks for the update!!!!!!! :jump::jump::jump:

:ernae:

tigisfat
March 26th, 2010, 20:28
I've wanted this for years. There's been a lot of good news lately.

SirBenn21
March 26th, 2010, 20:33
Everything looks Cool except the elaborate activation system.

Must come from the CIA or something. I just hope it's not another Skysim retard system.

I'm sorry and I know you guys want to protect your investment, but it always frustrates the crap out of me when It takes been a secret agent to fly a bloody FSX Add-on. :angryfir:

Other than my rant. I can't wait to fly her.

Ben

Kiwikat
March 26th, 2010, 20:44
The FS9 activation system was very easy to use. It caused me no trouble at all.

BOOM
March 26th, 2010, 21:09
Wonderful to see she's close to release,Thanks for the info!

JamesChams
March 26th, 2010, 21:26
Downloading Manual ... :jump:
Thanks 4 Posting :wavey:....

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

SirBenn21
March 27th, 2010, 00:08

That is good to hear.

Like I said. I understand why it's done. Security that someone like Aerosoft or Carenado employs is okay, but then there are some (sakes head) that is pure ridicules.

Ben

strykerpsg
March 27th, 2010, 05:30

I have to agree with Kiwikat, it's very easy to use and also ensures you have the most up to date version as well. I don't recall ever seeing anyone in their forums complaining much at all about it. If you never tried the FS9 version, this one is just as complex but with much better graphics. Afterall, not many FSX add on's where you can shoot down other planes and destroy the local RADAR sites. :wiggle:

Matt

MudMarine
March 27th, 2010, 05:41
I've never had any problem with VRS at all! They have always been FAST to reply to any request! I don't care much for shop heaters but this one will find it's way into my hanger!!!:jump:

Roadburner440
March 27th, 2010, 06:13
I have to side with VRS on this one. While product activations and everything else are extremely annoying. Look at all the stuff we have to put up with in daily life because of criminals in general. Life would be a lot less complex if it wasn't for people trying to steal other peoples stuff, or commiting crimes. The sad thing is that it is usually always the good people who pay for checks put in place to keep criminals at bay, while they keep doing what they were doing anyway. Perfect example of that is gun laws. It is just one of those things darned if you do and darned if you don't (not sure if the full version of the phrase is allowed but sure you all know what I mean)

MudMarine
March 27th, 2010, 06:24
I have to side with VRS on this one. While product activations and everything else are extremely annoying. Look at all the stuff we have to put up with in daily life because of criminals in general. Life would be a lot less complex if it wasn't for people trying to steal other peoples stuff, or commiting crimes. The sad thing is that it is usually always the good people who pay for checks put in place to keep criminals at bay, while they keep doing what they were doing anyway. Perfect example of that is gun laws. It is just one of those things darned if you do and darned if you don't (not sure if the full version of the phrase is allowed but sure you all know what I mean)

100% true! We pay the price for the immoral!

jmig
March 27th, 2010, 06:41

Complex FSX antipricy systems are a double edge sword. Make it too inconvenient and you will lose sales. Difference is, you lose real money by losing a real sale. The low life pirate wasn't going to buy it anyway. He will just rip off something easier to fly for 15 minutes until his low life brain finds a new toy in which it is interested.

wiltzei
March 27th, 2010, 10:32
I wish the Pro version will be offered with a discounted price for the owners of the $45 version. Based on the manual, I reckon it'll be the most expensive FS software addon ever.

BOOM
March 27th, 2010, 12:00
Well Jon stated you can't get the Pro version without first purchasing the base FSX model,so with this you're one step closer to The Pro version!!:jump:

I'm sure details about the Pro version will surface after awhile.but I think he said it was a long way off.