PDA

View Full Version : Flight Plans not working

OBIO
March 24th, 2010, 01:52
I tried filing a couple flight plans and get an error message when I go to start the flight....a flight plan file needed is missing, the flight will load without the flight plan.

I tried some of the flight plans that were already saved...and they work fine....I just can't file and save new flight plans. The flight plan file saves to the right directory...but won't load into the sim.

I just did a fresh install of my OS (XP Home, SP3). I did not reinstall FS9 as I have my sim installs on a separate drive...and before I formatted I copied the sim files from the Documents/App Data/Microsoft/FS9 folder...the hidden folder that holds the .cfg files and flight time records and such. After reinstalling XP, I copied those folders back into place....saved a lot of time having to retweak the config file.

Could the problem be that I do not have FS9 installed in such a way that it is in the Windows Registry?

OBIO

Astoroth
March 24th, 2010, 02:11
Possibly, try going to: http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library, and download the Registry Repair Tool. Run it, browse to the directory where your flight sim is installed, and click ok. Sets the correct value in the registry for you. Then see what your flight plans do.

OBIO
March 24th, 2010, 08:02
Ran the registry fixer....still that flight would not save and work. Tried creating a saving a flight plan from and to different airports...no problem. Tried the first one again...problem. Started flights at both of the strips to make sure they were functional...they are stock Idaho USFS strips. Both there and working. Tried the flight plan again...and it worked. Must have been a temporary visitation by a gremlin.

OBIO