PDA

View Full Version : An email my dad sent me

Ken Stallings
March 23rd, 2010, 16:51
My dad sent me this in an email. It originally came from my uncle who is himself a retired Air Force Technical Sergeant back in the days before the Senior NCO ranks.

A guy goes to the Post Office to apply for a job. The interviewer asks him,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
"Are you allergic to anything?"

He replies, "Yes, caffeine.I can't drink coffee.<o:p></o:p>
"Have you ever been in the military service?"
"Yes," he says, "I was in Iraq for two years."

The interviewer says, "That will give you 5 extra points toward employment."

Then he asks, "Are you disabled in any way?"
The guy says, "Yes. A bomb exploded near me and I lost both my testicles.

The interviewer grimaces and then says, "Okay. You've got enough points for me to hire you right now. Our normal hours are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. You can start tomorrow at 10:00 am, and plan on starting at 10:00 am every day."

The guy is puzzled and asks, "If the work hours are from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, why don't you want me here until 10:00 am?

"This is a government job," the interviewer says. "For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that.<o:p></o:p>

Navy Chief
March 23rd, 2010, 17:11
I've already sent this to 6 friends of mine. THANKS!! :ernae:

NC

Willy
March 23rd, 2010, 17:14
Good one! I got it from my brother in law who's a rural mail carrier.

paiken
March 23rd, 2010, 19:31
:applause::applause::applause:
There's more truth in this than you may think!

boxcar
March 23rd, 2010, 20:03
Funny & in many cases true. Will send this to a few friends serving us so well...

................ & I sincerely hope that Chacha doesn't have to explain this to llttle Chacha

.....Here in The Newshawks today: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/33612-I-Love-My-Dentist

viking3
March 23rd, 2010, 20:30
That's a good one. lmfao

Regards, Rob:ernae:

jmig
March 24th, 2010, 03:15
:icon_lol: That can apply to a lot of places these day.

*excuse me a min. I need to get more coffee.*

harleyman
March 24th, 2010, 03:19
That was great...Loved it...I bet its so true too.....

lifejogger
March 24th, 2010, 04:00
:jump::jump::jump:

txnetcop
March 24th, 2010, 05:36
Not only funny but true...just go to a VA hospital one time and you will see it in action!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

MudMarine
March 24th, 2010, 05:41
After 12 yrs of government employment I'd have to say I never stood around scratching my balls!!:icon_lol: I came to work early and left late, its the tax payers money I was spending, and I liked spending it wisely!! But believe me I got grief for my work ethic, some people used to actually tell me to knock off the showing up early stuff, I was making them look bad! Lazy SOB's!!

limjack
March 24th, 2010, 06:39
Thanks for the :icon_lol: Ken.

Jim

boxcar
March 24th, 2010, 08:52
Not only funny but true...just go to a VA hospital one time and you will see it in action!

So true. "We put Veterans first"... sometimes. In all fairness, the Hot Springs, South Dakota VAMC has many great people working there, though there are a couple of handfuls of them that should be shown the door, imo. Arrogant attitudes mainly along with the lack of motivation, imo.