PDA

View Full Version : Direct X issues, or something...

idancesafetydance
March 23rd, 2010, 08:45
Well, I am running Windows 7 32-bit (I reverted from 64, issues with COD4) and I have noticed that all of my addons have texture and model issues, is this a DX11 issue? I don't even have a DX11 supportive graphics card. I went to see if there was a DX10 mode preview, but there wasn't, I am afraid I am stuck like this. If I install SP2 with Acceleration, will this be fixed?

Any suggestions? I REALLY want to fix this.

-Chuck-

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

flaviossa
March 23rd, 2010, 08:55
If there wasn´t a "Directx10 Preview", i think you didnt´install SP1 and SP2. Please install them (Some of the aircrafts in your post need them). I think it will work.

SP1 and SP2 can be downloaded in here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/results.aspx?pocId=&freetext=fsx&DisplayLang=en

If you have acceleration, just install it.

Wozza
March 23rd, 2010, 09:00
Hi
FSX out of the box wont support larger than 1024X1024 textures and this shows up just like your pic's
Dx10 preview option wont show unless you have sp2 Or Accel installed

Another issue which may not be related,was when I played with win7 I went straight to the latest download ver of DX
and had issues until I ran the ver of dx on the accel install disc go figure :)

Wozza

Bjoern
March 23rd, 2010, 11:14
If you keep your DirectX up-to-date you WILL get DirectX 11.

It depends on your video card and game/software whether it will be used or not. The runtime libraries are there anyways.

As for your problem Chuck, installing Acc/SP2 seems to be the best option.

Btw: I don't know how you guys manage to screw up your FSX or Windows installation that often. I hardly ever have any problems and if, it's a bad (mostly video) driver or something so specific that even Google can't properly help me. :icon_lol:

idancesafetydance
March 23rd, 2010, 11:36
I did have SP1 installed, however, something must have been wrong with the install. I re-installed it and everything is OK now.

-Chuck-

falcon409
March 23rd, 2010, 11:41
. . . . .Btw: I don't know how you guys manage to screw up your FSX or Windows installation that often. I hardly ever have any problems and if, it's a bad (mostly video) driver or something so specific that even Google can't properly help me. :icon_lol:
I have to agree with ya there Bjoern. . .not a slap at you Chuck, just in general really. Aside from the occasional HD crash, where I unfortunately lose everything, lol. . .as a general rule, I've done one install of FSX and one install of FS9 and that's it (by the way, FSX runs perfectly on what most would consider a crap system). . .yet I'm sometimes amazed at the number of folks who are doing a complete new install of FSX for one reason or another. I know all systems are different, so it's hard to be too critical, but just as a curious observer, it amazes me the number of times I see a post from someone who was having a problem of one sort or another and decided to do a clean install.

With as many payware and freeware addons as one can accumulate over a one or two year period, the LAST thing I would ever consider doing is having to put myself through the agony of starting over from scratch. lol.

Wozza
March 23rd, 2010, 17:42
I have to agree with ya there Bjoern. . .not a slap at you Chuck, just in general really. Aside from the occasional HD crash, where I unfortunately lose everything, lol. . .as a general rule, I've done one install of FSX and one install of FS9 and that's it (by the way, FSX runs perfectly on what most would consider a crap system). . .yet I'm sometimes amazed at the number of folks who are doing a complete new install of FSX for one reason or another. I know all systems are different, so it's hard to be too critical, but just as a curious observer, it amazes me the number of times I see a post from someone who was having a problem of one sort or another and decided to do a clean install.

With as many payware and freeware addons as one can accumulate over a one or two year period, the LAST thing I would ever consider doing is having to put myself through the agony of starting over from scratch. lol.
A lot of it has to do with changing to a new OS and legacy hardware/software
I hadnt reinstalled fsx or for that matter my OS for nearly 4 years ran like a dream.....
Then I installed win7 within a week I had done 3 reinstall's ....the 4th was back to XP
Im sooo glad fsx in DX10 wasnt anything to spectacular,as I wasnt really happy with win7,after the oh wow look at all the pretty bits...I felt like somebody had come in and remodeled my house,moving all the rooms and my stuff to other locations,changed the locks and told me I can no longer live the way I did....stupid msoft use to be where do you want to go today....... now its our way or the highway lol
Wozza

stansdds
March 24th, 2010, 02:11
Are you having those problems with all aircraft or just FS9 port overs?

Tim_Horton
March 24th, 2010, 06:49
The only work around I have found on this issue for others, and myself when I struggled to figure it out through hours of forum searching was this:

1. Run a repair of FSX (worked once)

2. Uninstall fsx/accelleration (keep your saved files) then Re-install. Some reason something in FSX gets corrupted, could be from a plane/scenery you installed, and it needs to be replaced for the textures to show again.

3.some people found the issue to be in Graphic card drivers and had to re-vert back their drivers to older versions. If all else fails.

Bjoern
March 24th, 2010, 09:53
A lot of it has to do with changing to a new OS and legacy hardware/software
I hadnt reinstalled fsx or for that matter my OS for nearly 4 years ran like a dream.....
Then I installed win7 within a week I had done 3 reinstall's ....the 4th was back to XP
Im sooo glad fsx in DX10 wasnt anything to spectacular,as I wasnt really happy with win7,after the oh wow look at all the pretty bits...I felt like somebody had come in and remodeled my house,moving all the rooms and my stuff to other locations,changed the locks and told me I can no longer live the way I did....stupid msoft use to be where do you want to go today....... now its our way or the highway lol

I carried my FSX installation over from XP to 7. The only thing I did was adding the path to FSX to the registry. Nothing else at all. And the sim runs like a dream.

I've had huge BSOD problems with Vista x64, Server 2008 x64 and XP x64. Sadly, I only found out back on XP x86 that all this was caused by one Ram setting set a notch too low which caused the system to kick the bucket after a while.
Ever since fixing that setting, it was rock stability for me, on both XP and 7.

The funky eyecandy bits of 7 were great in the beginning, but the "feeling" and handling of the UI was dread awful. I've switched off Aero and skinning altogether and put Blackbox in as a desktop UI, since I find it far more intuitive to use.
So basically my 7 looks simple and boring now, but the most important bits and improvements of the current OS over the old dinosaur that XP is are "under the hood" anyways. And I really, really like what Vista/7 has in terms of the kernel and drivers.