PDA

View Full Version : New Idea: Add-on Extras

SirBenn21
March 22nd, 2010, 23:47
I like to play a lot of multilayer with my buddy and we both like to fly different aircraft to each other and a lot of the time we like to do things like air-to-air refueling, but if I had for instance had Captain Sim's Boeing 767 Tanker and my buddy did not. He would not see what I look like and therefore would not see the fuel probe. This spoils it a bit.
Obviously the only way to "fix" this would be for him to also buy the same add-on. Obviously this is unreasonable in most instances.
So here is a question to all you developers. How difficult would it be to have a "Free" download of the outer shell with animations of your add-on aircraft?

Ben

falcon409
March 23rd, 2010, 04:17
To make it even easier, why not download a freeware tanker. I know there are several out there. You'll sacrifice the super detail, but that'll happen long before any developer offers up a chopped version of their aircraft for multiplayer.:salute:

warchild
March 23rd, 2010, 09:34
Ya know, THATS not only a good question, but from falcon, kind of a great idea, only, instead of just downloading the latest Ito-San or Mike Stone, there are tons of modelers out there who are wanting to do things for FSX that dont have The outlet to do it. Many of them feel they couldnt write a flight model if a gun was put to their heads and others feel they dont have the skills or talents for building VC's. But creating exterior models specifically for the multiplayer community would provide these folks with experience and confidence as they learned and give multi players good up to date exterior representations of aircraft their buddies are flying. it could also provide new painters with a place to develop their skills as well.. I think that of all things FS, multiplayer has been one of the most neglected.. Something like this could go a very long way to making multiplayer a whole lot more enjoyable..
Pam

Bjoern
March 23rd, 2010, 11:48

Doesn't sound too bad. Build them to AI standards (small textures, LODs) and everyone will be happy, not just the mulitplayer people. *Nods*

SirBenn21
March 23rd, 2010, 11:57
Thanks for your all ideas.

Ben