PDA

View Full Version : Found a new tool to use for sound pack work

OBIO
March 22nd, 2010, 18:48
This weekend, I did a format and reinstall of my OS cause I got stoopid, by-passed all of my security alerts and clicked on a link to a Russian site looking for info on a WW2 item I have and got my system nailed with about a hundred viruses. Didn't lose any files as I had just backed everything up. Lesson learned...for about the 10th time LOL!

Anyhow...during the reinstall of all my software and utilities and such, I found a collection of plug ins for the wav editor I use. And in that collection of plug ins is the one item I have been dreaming of....a full feature multi-channel EQ. This thing is a 20 channel EQ...so now when I tweak sound files, I can tweak it across the entire frequency range and produce a far wider variety of sound packs.

Haven't used it yet...but will be putting it to the test as I tweak up a sound pack for Brian Gladden's Noorduyn Norseman.

OBIO

Fnerg
March 23rd, 2010, 13:07
Obio, you are aware of VST plugins for wav editing? There are a million free vst's on the net some better than others, others which should be payware, and of course payware bundels that will cost you big $$$$. I have found some real nice freeware compressors, EQ's, reverbs, delays, and even a few mastering limiters. There's no end to the possibilities of true sound now. I'll be working on a Griffon engine sound for my Firefly after the model is done that should make your pant flaps shake, and your windows rattle..
PM me for more info if you like.

OBIO
March 24th, 2010, 01:00
Fnerg

I just discovered them! That is why I now have the EQ to use.

OBIO