PDA

View Full Version : Douglas TBD-1 Devastator

franzi
November 8th, 2008, 07:01
Hello!

What did you say (just an idea) for a new SOHproject just like Milton Shupes Invader?
Is here Interesting for this Airplane ?

Douglas TBD-1 Devastator

Franzi:applause::applause::applause:

Panther_99FS
November 8th, 2008, 07:03
Sounds great! but.....

All SOH modelers are retired....:mixedsmi:

whitehawk_2009
November 8th, 2008, 08:06
I believe the upgraded stock TBD from CFS2 works just fine in FS9. For the life of me, I can't find it here...

WH

brad kaste
November 8th, 2008, 08:26
....Over at Flightsim or Aivsim someone converted all the CFS2 default aircraft into FS9. Including the Devastator. However,...you're still stuck with the 'pumpkin head' pilot.

PhilRamone
November 8th, 2008, 10:11
Sounds great! but.....

All SOH modelers are retired....:mixedsmi:

not only that, remember what happened to the buchon? :isadizzy:

Mick
November 8th, 2008, 12:50
Don't forget Paul Clawson's TBD.

(and repaints by moi.)

Flyboy208
November 8th, 2008, 16:45
Or you can go to http://files.netwings.org/files/avhistory/Bombers/US/1US_TBD-1.zip and get an updated version of the CFS2 aircraft with a repaint by our own "Smashing Time" aka. Rick Spork.

Cheers! Mike :wavey:

franzi
November 8th, 2008, 22:01
I believe the upgraded stock TBD from CFS2 works just fine in FS9. For the life of me, I can't find it here...

The CFS2 Devastator is from The B24 Gui here in the filelibrary, but this is the only Plane from him where the VC dont work correctly in FS 9.
I have posted Pictures about this Problem her but the old Threads are not more here.

Franzi:wavey:

Bradburger
November 9th, 2008, 05:56
not only that, remember what happened to the buchon? :isadizzy:

Indeed, I was really hoping for that to happen after your efforts! :frown:

Any idea what happened to it Phil?

Cheers

Paul

PhilRamone
November 9th, 2008, 06:32
Any idea what happened to it Phil?

i finished the visial model and VC, however because of time limitations (and working with FSDS) i wanted to get the model finished in max/gmax, for exturing and animating purposes (and maybe more detail?) but i everyone was busy, (milton was moving, John was diligently working on the mustang and the late invader variants...) so the project kinda slowed to a halt...

i still have the files around in case anyone wants to have a try, and there's pplenty of screenies on my photobucket :d

Milton Shupe
November 9th, 2008, 10:40
Phil,

You should really go ahead and finish your work there. It was beautiful! :applause:

PhilRamone
November 9th, 2008, 10:47
Phil,

You should really go ahead and finish your work there. It was beautiful! :applause:

thank you for the compliments milton :D

i cant, for some reason there are things FSDS wont let me do, like the canopy frame for the VC, or texturing the nose of the model... and the VC coulduse more detail, and to make it worse, i cant fnish it bc of time too :banghead:

huub vink
November 9th, 2008, 11:30
It a real shame the model isn't getting finished as the screenies were very promising and the Buchon is a much wanted model.

If somebody decides to finish it, I volunteer to do the textures.

Huub

Milton Shupe
November 9th, 2008, 14:41
thank you for the compliments milton :D

i cant, for some reason there are things FSDS wont let me do, like the canopy frame for the VC, or texturing the nose of the model... and the VC coulduse more detail, and to make it worse, i cant fnish it bc of time too :banghead:

Oh man! Certainly there is an FSDS designer here who can carry it to fruition. :kilroy:

PhilRamone
November 10th, 2008, 03:22
Oh man! Certainly there is an FSDS designer here who can carry it to fruition. :kilroy:

i have the model on max format, so FSDS is not a *must* :d