PDA

View Full Version : Fw-190 or Bf-109 Mistel

Autothrottle
March 21st, 2010, 20:04
Hello all,

Any chance of getting a Mistel aircraft for the game? Like a Fw-190 or Bf-109 with a Ju-88 warhead perhaps?

SLIP STREAM
March 21st, 2010, 20:29
not a chance in heaven or hell under the old thinking and ways.but there is a possibility by doing a e.v.a. job.
"YOU" will have to convince a gmaxer to build a ju88 with the pylon as part of the drop plane then have them mount an fw-190 on top with adjusted contact points.but once you drop the weapon you can't land the plane because of the incorrect contact points for the ground. "YOU" get someone to gmax it and i'll attempt to make it work.

Autothrottle
March 21st, 2010, 22:17
I won't kill you any further, This would be a total nightmare for a modeller to finish. I don't want to take you away from other worthwhile projects, just a thought that maybe one might have existed already is all.

FireStorm II
March 24th, 2010, 17:54
Autothrottle,

Found this in the old files;

Fw190A8M Mistel

This aircraft was built by Gregory SARGE Pierson using version 2.85.06 of the AvHistory 1% Assembly Line process. It is based on the MS stock Fw-190.
Spencer Carter made the pylons needed for the Mistel to work. The V1 is based on the stock MS version and the Ground Crew provided both the Fx-1400 and Bv246 weapons systems.
Tomas Oszlar did a great job in creating the second group Kamfgeschwader 200 (II/Kg-200) livery for this aircraft.

KG 200 was a unique unit, which operated a wide variety of aircraft--from the Blohm und Voss Bv-222 Wiking (the largest flying boat of the era) to the Junkers Ju-52, Ju-90, Ju-290 and Ju-188, the Heinkel He-111, and even captured British and American aircraft such as the Consolidated B-24 Liberator and the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress.
KG 200 was officially formed by order of the air force high command on February 20, 1944. In March 1944, the 2nd Test Formation was united with the 1st Test Formation, a research squadron. This combined unit came under the command of then Lt. Col. Werner Baumbach and was renamed KG 200. The 2nd Test Formation became the first group of the new KG 200, and Gartenfeld was replaced by Major Adolf Koch. Within days, 32 types of aircraft were ready for use, complete with 17 fully trained crews. Heavy training began at once, and by the end of July 1944, five new crews were ready, and refresher classes had been provided for 75 additional crews. Even at this early stage special missions were already being flown.
KG 200 was divided into several sections, each of which had subsidiaries across the German empire. The first group (I/KG 200) handled agent work; the first squadron (1/KG 200) handled long-distance operations; 2/KG 200 covered short-range operations from various "outstations"; 3/KG 200 was concerned with transport and training duties and was based at the Baltic island of Ruegen, later Flensburg; 4/KG 200 handled technical matters. The second group (II/KG 200) provided pathfinders, radar-jamming aircraft, bombers and Mistel composite aircraft; 7/KG 200 handled replacement and training for II/KG 200.

ndicki
March 25th, 2010, 00:30
I did make one using the technique described above, special pylons, etc, but it didn't really work. For a start, taking off and landing was impossible as Slip Stream correctly identified. The other problem was that the JU88 began to take it's colouring from the FW190 map... You tell me... Anyway, I binned it because in the end it didn't work properly. I dare say that with current understanding of these things, it should be possible, other than the problem of contact points.

Autothrottle
March 25th, 2010, 22:28
Autothrottle,

Found this in the old files;

Fw190A8M Mistel

This aircraft was built by Gregory SARGE Pierson using version 2.85.06 of the AvHistory 1% Assembly Line process. It is based on the MS stock Fw-190.
Spencer Carter made the pylons needed for the Mistel to work. The V1 is based on the stock MS version and the Ground Crew provided both the Fx-1400 and Bv246 weapons systems.
Tomas Oszlar did a great job in creating the second group Kamfgeschwader 200 (II/Kg-200) livery for this aircraft.

KG 200 was a unique unit, which operated a wide variety of aircraft--from the Blohm und Voss Bv-222 Wiking (the largest flying boat of the era) to the Junkers Ju-52, Ju-90, Ju-290 and Ju-188, the Heinkel He-111, and even captured British and American aircraft such as the Consolidated B-24 Liberator and the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress.
KG 200 was officially formed by order of the air force high command on February 20, 1944. In March 1944, the 2nd Test Formation was united with the 1st Test Formation, a research squadron. This combined unit came under the command of then Lt. Col. Werner Baumbach and was renamed KG 200. The 2nd Test Formation became the first group of the new KG 200, and Gartenfeld was replaced by Major Adolf Koch. Within days, 32 types of aircraft were ready for use, complete with 17 fully trained crews. Heavy training began at once, and by the end of July 1944, five new crews were ready, and refresher classes had been provided for 75 additional crews. Even at this early stage special missions were already being flown.
KG 200 was divided into several sections, each of which had subsidiaries across the German empire. The first group (I/KG 200) handled agent work; the first squadron (1/KG 200) handled long-distance operations; 2/KG 200 covered short-range operations from various "outstations"; 3/KG 200 was concerned with transport and training duties and was based at the Baltic island of Ruegen, later Flensburg; 4/KG 200 handled technical matters. The second group (II/KG 200) provided pathfinders, radar-jamming aircraft, bombers and Mistel composite aircraft; 7/KG 200 handled replacement and training for II/KG 200.

I just love all of this information! Never really knew of a Mistel with a V-1 attached! How does it work without hitting the prop though?

ndicki
March 26th, 2010, 06:51
This might amuse you, while we're on the subject:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=7058

Autothrottle
March 28th, 2010, 01:47
Nice, I'll give it a try!

FireStorm II
March 28th, 2010, 10:04
NDicki, pretty cool, never saw that one.

Now if we could make a sandwich with the two and remove the v1 filling...

AT, if you pm me an email address, I would gladly send you the 190.
It's only 1.5 mb zipped. The prop just misses the v1 and the landing
gear also!