PDA

View Full Version : FS11 and FS9 XML question

Lionheart
November 8th, 2008, 06:28
I was just working on some gauge code, and it occurred to me. I wonder if FS11 will be able to run FS9 gauge XML code?

Presently FSX will run FS9 code almost flawlessly. Will FS11 be able to cope with this ability also?

I am just thinking, this could be drastic. For me anyways, lol.. :kilroy:

Bill

N2056
November 8th, 2008, 06:39
Bill, my understanding is that XML gauges are staying. There is talk that the C++ ones are possibly not supported in future versions :isadizzy:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 8th, 2008, 06:41
Currently " old" gauges that rely on simconnect to function in ESP shared cockpit apps need to be recompiled , i would not hold my breath.

n4gix
November 8th, 2008, 08:38
C++/GDI+ gauges will continue to be supported, as this is a requirement of ESP developers! Hence, the core engine support will remain the same.

My educated guess is that FS9 XML schema gauges will continue to function, since the FSX XML schema is mostly a "super set" of tags added on top of the FS9 schema.

OTOH, Lua remains viable as yet another possible alternative to either XML or C++...

Lionheart
November 8th, 2008, 11:18
C++/GDI+ gauges will continue to be supported, as this is a requirement of ESP developers! Hence, the core engine support will remain the same.

My educated guess is that FS9 XML schema gauges will continue to function, since the FSX XML schema is mostly a "super set" of tags added on top of the FS9 schema.

Thanks for the heads up Fr. Bill. Good to know. I shudder to think of having to change all that gauge code. Retirement flashed before my eyes, lol... I hadnt really pondered it until now.

OTOH, Lua remains viable as yet another possible alternative to either XML or C++...

eeeeeeeks! :kilroy:

Bill