PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Throttle problems

Warrant
March 19th, 2010, 15:04
Wonder if anyone has had similar problems with the Saitek Throttle and has solved it.

The problem is as follows;

The thrust lever is fluctuating. Gently pushing it forwards to approx 20% results in suddenly going to 70% power or above, pushing it further and power reduces to approx 30%. Reducing power leaves a power spike when thrust lever is at approx 20 % again, before reducing to idle whan at 0%.

I calibrated and calibrated; no result. Removed and reconnected the device, no change. Driver update, no change.

Solution anyone?

LonelyplanetXO
March 19th, 2010, 15:21
Is it USB gear? Shouldnt have to calibrate it at all. It sounds most likely a hardware issue. You could try deleting the joystick config altogether from game controllers and create a new one, being the same set as though you were adding a new controller set. If that fails, maybe open it and clean it to get rid of dust etc. You can tune these things with FSUIPC (registered payware vsn) but I really think it's hardware so dont go buying FSUIPC!

LPXO

Hanimichal
March 19th, 2010, 16:48
You moved sliders in FSX menu game?

my:

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9809/tbsc128.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/i/tbsc128.jpg/)

Ken Stallings
March 19th, 2010, 17:22
Yep, that's my first guess also. You actually do calibrate the USB controllers but do it inside the game itself. Reduce the sensitivity of the stick and see if you get better results.

Cheers,

Ken

expat
March 20th, 2010, 02:05
My Saitek X-45 has exactly the same issue. Pain particularly on carrier short final where minor adujstments matter most! Interested to hear the outcome. My hunch has always been it is mechanical not software, i.e. need to crack open the unit and apply some good old pot cleaner, but wary of breaking something along the way.

anthony31
March 20th, 2010, 02:14
Sounds mechanical to me.

I once had a problem on my X52 pro where the knob around the "E" button was giving out false values. Just so happens I have that knob set to control fuel mixture and I could watch as my mixture control in FSX would slowly close itself (even though I wasn't touching the knob). I sprayed a bit of cleaner into the gaps in the knob hoping it would penetrate and haven't had a problem since.

It may be necessary to open up your X45 and apply a bit of pot cleaner if nothing else will solve the problem (as expat suggests).