PDA

View Full Version : CR1- Software Beech-18 released!

srgalahad
March 18th, 2010, 19:15
:jump:It's up on the website and available now! :jump:

Beech-18
Various enhancements, including new panels, new paints
(cockpit and exterior paintkits)

New Flight Dynamics, comprehensive Operating Manual

but best to go see for yourself

http://cr1-software.com/addons/beech-18-revamp/

Rob

Wing_Z
March 18th, 2010, 23:17
Because I don't know, I'll simply ask: Is this different from Milton's model?

Anneke
March 18th, 2010, 23:49
It is. It's CrashWoody's or the former SimTech version. But it looks awesome. Banabob does not have to make any blurred props. They are already there..all 7 variants of them :). And FSX also..

Lionheart
March 19th, 2010, 03:23
Nice looking bird!

Love that website.

Bill

Reddog
March 19th, 2010, 05:22
The orginal was a real FrameRate killer,especially on line with more that one of them on the screen. Has that been fixed??

Wild Bill Kelso
March 19th, 2010, 05:50
Just purchased it - with that price, I don't have to think twice!

Downloading right now (108 MB at 302 KB/s). The waiting is the hardest part...

Let's see who's gonna win the "Battle of the Beeches". :d

Cheers,
Markus.

Wild Bill Kelso
March 19th, 2010, 07:44
O.K., here are my first impressions:

This Beech runs very smooth with no frame impact at all!
Even the very nice and handy VC gets along with the average resources I can provide (Win XP, Pentium 4, 3 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3800).

I skip any comment on the pesky installer, I think everybody should be able to get this thing running - one way or the other...
The sound suite is fine but just can't compete with the massively tweaked custom Beech 18 files I got used to in so many hours.
The usage of many default gauges is O.K., but an air speed indicator ranged to 450 kn seems a little oversized in this ship.

Who won the Battle of the Beeches?
I simply can't tell, because I'm not able to come to an unbiased judgement. I love Milton's 18 just too much.
But I think there's no need for a competition.

Get it - try it out - judge on your own!

The skies are big enough for many different Beech 18's...

Cheers,
Markus.

srgalahad
March 19th, 2010, 09:39
Alas, that "pesky installer" .. was necessitated by the sheer size of the download -- as a .zip, with all the extra files and the dual version -- it would have you twiddling your thumbs far too long.

Since sounds are so subjective I've almost become tone-deaf to them over the years as long as it mutes the "honey-do" sounds coming from downstairs. I'm sure there will be as many reactions are there are users.

Yep, that airspeed gauge is less-than-ideal, but it's easy for anyone to change for something else once you get it home in the hangar and who knows ..

Human nature makes us love to compare.. I just look at it as "another choice". The restoration hangar managed to do a lot of work on the old bird and I think the results are worth it. Now we have to find other things to keep them busy. :jump:

Rob

Milton Shupe
March 19th, 2010, 10:29
I agree we can't have too many old Beeches and this looks like another fine addition to our sim world. The price looks right and the product looks nice. Most would agree (wives excepted) variety is the spice of life. :)

srgalahad
May 21st, 2010, 08:14
Got an email from Tom today...

We are pleased to announce that starting on Friday 21st of May 2010 there will be a 50% off sale on the Beech 18.

The sale will run from Friday morning May 21st 2010 to Monday evening of May 24th 2010.

With a brand new release coming up in a few weeks we want to get to know more of the community and offer an affordable good quality add-on for Fs 2004 and Fsx. Full customer support will be available. The sale will only be available from the home Cr1-Software website and at no other store. (Note: PCAviator may also be offering the sale price - to be confirmed)

www.cr1-software.com (http://www.cr1-software.com/)
We would like to thank our loyal supporters for your generous support of our step into a new market for us and we hope to have a long and healthy relationship with our new friends. It was you who made the Beech 18 launch the huge success it is and continues to be. We would like to extend the invitation to those who have not come to know us to come to our 1st big sale.

If you missed it at release you might want to think again...
half of $7.95 is.. pretty affordable.

Rob

magoo
May 21st, 2010, 15:50
I got this when it was just released. As usual, Tom's work is amazing. Also valid for my vintage/classic collection, I've noticed the engine nacelles/cooling vents are a little different than Milton Shupe's D.18 rendition. Acknowledging the evolution of Beech's Model 18, I wonder if this is a replica of a later model aircraft?

Also worth collecting is Aerosoft D.18, another beautiful example of a different artists style, and Brian Gladden's Volpar, a really neat way to end off the representational lineage.

Back to the CR1 model, Tom also included a variety of extras worth looking into, VC textures, prop textures. A lot of hard work. Very generous price. I'd like to see Tom find the encouragement to create more flightsim. I've always enjoyed his work.

If you read this Tom, a big thanks to you for sharing your great talent with us for all these years. It's great to have the Beech back in it's new, evolved form. I'm lovin' it!!