PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder...

Autothrottle
March 17th, 2010, 22:00
Hello all,

Iv'e just been privileged to see some of the fantastic works being done for CFS3 (B-24 in particular) I'm particularly awestruck to see the artistic qualities in these upcoming birds. However I wonder , with all these spectacular aircraft on the way, is there anyone who can truly say they have a favorite out of the entire fleet?

ndicki
March 18th, 2010, 01:13
Oh yes.

lewis11777
March 18th, 2010, 05:27
I could narrow it down to 3 fighters, the Spits, Mustangs, and 109's. I love the bombers but the fighters have the allure of a fine sports car with a lethal bite. Definitely the Spit Mk XIV if I had to pick an all time favorite, even over modern day fighters. No way you could look at one of these and not appreciate the look of an airborne predator.

ndicki
March 18th, 2010, 05:37
You might a least show us a real one, though!

Actually, I still want a Buffalo... (No, it isn't my favourite!)

Pat Pattle
March 18th, 2010, 08:28
VERY hard to pick a favourite, we have been blessed with so many exceptional modellers and painters.

Defiant, Lancaster & Wellington are all cracking, but then so is the Catalina and Blenheim mk1..very, very hard to choose a particular one. The B24 is going to be incredible too by the looks of it. :)

ndicki
March 18th, 2010, 09:02
One of the things that really make a brilliant aircraft is the quality of the cockpit, both the model and the painting... And the ones we've been getting lately have been impeccably done. It makes all the difference.

lewis11777
March 18th, 2010, 11:02
You might a least show us a real one, though!

I thought that was a real one, damn graphics are getting good.

Led Zeppelin
March 18th, 2010, 11:35
Actually, I really enjoy to fly the CC Hallifaxes over the Bay of Biscay even if I have trouble with the FM.

A also love to fly the Emil in MAW.

swpierce
March 18th, 2010, 14:41
One of the things that really make a brilliant aircraft is the quality of the cockpit, both the model and the painting... And the ones we've been getting lately have been impeccably done. It makes all the difference.

I agree.

Autothrottle
March 18th, 2010, 22:04
Its indeed very hard to choose a true favorite. Ted's Heinkel 219 first caught my eye early last year and I've just been gorging on information on it. Then came his Dornier 217's (The Luftwaffe Cadillac in my opinion) Afterward it's just been up from there. A nifty little Heinkel 162, The Hawker Seafury, the wonderful Ju388, man and the beautiful and complicated Sea Eagle Ju 290, then came the Catalina... (pause for a moment to catch my breath)

I Literally refused to add any other Seaplane to my list. My reliable Grumman Albatross went into my recycle bin along with my Grumman 44. The Catalina is so beautiful , words cant describe her. She literally is the sports car of Seaplanes. Case Dismissed!

BTW: Lewis, one question, What makes you favor the MiG 29 Fulcrum over the Fishbed, Flogger, and the Foxbat?

HouseHobbit
March 19th, 2010, 00:39
I must say.. That with all the talented people that are Blessing each of us.. I could not say what my favorite WW2 aircraft is right now..
I LOVE THEM ALL.....Yea I am EASY..

I can crash the Best of them, and I do often
Nothing like flying a beautiful bird straight into the ground..LOL..
OPPPS..I get excited sometimes..LOL..
And don't worry I crash eveyone's beautful work equally..
( Looking Over My shoulder)
And Hobbit's DO FLY.. Just don't always fly well..LOL..LOL..

ndicki
March 19th, 2010, 01:04
I thought that was a real one, damn graphics are getting good.

Bugger all to do with graphics, that one is radio-controlled!

lewis11777
March 19th, 2010, 02:49
How about this one?

ndicki
March 19th, 2010, 06:59
Aaaahhhh.... Satisfied at last! :icon_lol:

rouge34rtw
March 19th, 2010, 21:18
I have 3 favorite aircraft, depending on which expansion I am flying in.... I did not make a conscious decision to choose a favorite at all, but these aircraft, with my hands on the flight controls at least, stand out to me as far and away the baddest cats in whichever expanion's skies I fly them in....most responsive, most powerful, most forgiving for a crazy SOB who is always flying on the leading edge of a stall and right on the verge of greying out from the Gs I am pulling.....most stable weapons platform.....and just overall the biggest, baddest and deadliest birds of prey in their airspace....

For me they are:

CFS3, CFS3 Firepower, ETO: The Spitfire Mk IXe

PTO: the F4U-4B Corsair I migrated to the South Pacific from DPC Korean Skies

And, in DPC Korean Skies: the A1-H Sandy or Skyraider

I really admire all of the aircraft, stock and add-ons.....and have flown at least 75% of the available choices at least once or twice.....but these 3 give me higher and more lethal, not to mention more livable, mission sorties, more often than any other airframes I have flown....and I love them each, just as if they were the best girl in my life.....and I believe they return that affection every time they give me the extra half second I need to recover from whatever stupid maneuver I just tried that was too fast, too tight, too low, or too dangerous.....and they choose not to make snow angels in the country side as the propeller meets the earth at a very steep angle and high rate of speed......thats what I love about them the most...not that they kill more enemies for me than other aircraft do....but that they dont kill me as often or as willingly as the other ladies do....:gameoff:

philem
March 22nd, 2010, 05:32
Hi guys !

If you let me give my opinion, I would like to see in CFS3 a new P-38 and new P-47 C and D, more detailed and beautiful, instead of stock's base models. It would be great. Ditto regarding 109s G and K

Autothrottle
March 22nd, 2010, 20:19
Seems that the way the aircraft are popping up that request might be sooner than later!

MAULET
March 23rd, 2010, 15:07
phileas
you may find bf109c, k in avhistory

Autothrottle
March 23rd, 2010, 21:34
you know the 109k at avhistory is similar to the G-10 model in the game? Not really an improvement over the stock if you ask me. Same canopy and everything.

ndicki
March 24th, 2010, 06:06
The AvHistory K-6 IS the stock G-10, which is hardly surprising as the visible differences between the two models are details which really only need skinning in. Such as the access door on the port side of the fuselage which was moved one frame further forward. The real difference between the AvH K-6 and G-10 lies of course in the air file.

greycap.raf
March 24th, 2010, 07:08
The real difference between the AvH K-6 and G-10 lies of course in the air file.

If we begin nitpicking it's K-4 vs. G-10, the K-6 was the one armed by the usual gun battery plus a MK108 in each wing. I've never been able to make out if those wing guns were "built in" like in the E series or just carried externally like in the well known Rüstsatz R6. The 4.00 series Bf 109G-10 with a home built DB605DCM is quite a monster, dogfights well with a P-51D while pushing out 2200 bhp with MW50 and climbing at over 6000 feet per minute. Somehow I think the climb rates in this sim are a bit flawed though...

But my own favourite, that's a tough one. The fantastic Three Aces Spitfire series is the top contender for sure, especially the Mk IX for its beautifully harmonic looks, but I also like the latest versions of the Lancaster and Halifax a lot. While they may not be 100% polished they look exactly as they should and that's what counts for me.

ndicki
March 24th, 2010, 07:30
Bugger, K-4, you're right. Long day already.

My docs say "IN the wings" for the K-6, but as I've never consciously seen anything to confirm that...