PDA

View Full Version : Les chevaliers du ciel - TV show 1967

Cleartheprop
March 17th, 2010, 08:16
Here is the opening sequence of this famous french tv show.. made with FSX and the excellent Mirage III/5 from Skysim... I guess this show is not so famous accross the channel or the Atlantic! :)
Below the FSX video is the original video of the actual opening sequence...:running:
J-qhSIxBGWg

5raaGe-Od0E

Scratch
March 17th, 2010, 08:43
That's pretty cool. What was the story line for the series?

T6flyer
March 17th, 2010, 08:44
Thanks for the video and the original start too. It brings back a lot of memories as this was dubbed into English and from what I can remember was shown on BBC1 in the early 1970s. I did have a comic annual once from the show, but sadly this disappeared a long time ago.

Last year went in a Broussard to France for 12 days and saw the most wonderful flying sequences as an extra for the recent remake. Had to get a copy when I got home. Brilliant flying indeed!!

Thanks again,

Martin

harrybasset
March 17th, 2010, 09:02
I used to watch the original show on BBC1 and enjoyed the flying sequences, the plots seemed a bit silly.

jankees
March 17th, 2010, 10:08
My favorite comics! Well, when I was younger...
I still have most of the ones drawn by Uderzo, the one set in Africa being my favorite (it has mustangs and spits..)
I didn't know there was a TV series made from it. Did they follow the albums?
Now I'll have to find a DVD, any hints?

and where did you find that Vautour?

Cleartheprop
March 17th, 2010, 10:29
My favorite comics! Well, when I was younger...
I still have most of the ones drawn by Uderzo, the one set in Africa being my favorite (it has mustangs and spits..)
I didn't know there was a TV series made from it. Did they follow the albums?
Now I'll have to find a DVD, any hints?

and where did you find that Vautour?
Yes there was a TV show but the story line had nothing to do with the comics. It was a very cheap TV show but worth watching for the Mirage and many other planes.

the Vautour is HERE (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=136254)
It is very beautiful, but unfortunately, no VC is provided... and a minimum 2D cockpit, so it is actually unflyable. (to me at least).:running: