PDA

View Full Version : Marcel Lefèvre's Yak-9 #14

MajorMagee
March 14th, 2010, 13:34
Just to add to the the recent flood of toys to play with...

http://i549.photobucket.com/albums/ii362/MajorMagee/Yak-9MarcelLefevreLePereMagloire.jpg

PRang asked me to do the Free French the honor of reproducing the Yak-9 of Marcel Lefèvre who flew with the Soviets in the Normandie-Niemen Regiment on the Eastern Front.

In May 1944, returning from a mission over Vitebsk, Marcel Lefèvre’s Yak-9 hemorrhaged fuel and burst into flames a few feet off the ground; he died in a Moscow hospital a month later. (He survives in spirit as a host figure at the Normandie regiment museum in his home town, Les Andelys. Look for the ghost in the machine when this shows up in the Add-Ons Library.)

The Normandie-Niemen regiment left quite a record in its wake: 5,240 missions flown, 273 confirmed kills, 37 probable, and 45 enemy aircraft damaged. Of the 96 pilots who went to Russia, 46 did not return. Jacques André and Marcel Lefèvre were posthumously named Heroes of the Soviet Union. Marcel Albert, and Roland de La Poype were also named Heroes of the Soviet Union.

lewis11777
March 14th, 2010, 13:44
Isn't that the Yak from DPC Korea?

greycap.raf
March 14th, 2010, 13:52
More like the old AvHistory 2.8x Yak-9, I think.

HouseHobbit
March 14th, 2010, 15:54
WOW sure is pretty..
I can't wait..
Thanks very Much.. Bravo..
:salute::salute:

MajorMagee
March 14th, 2010, 18:19
Yes, this is the same AvHisotry V2.85.06 model as ETO_Yak-9u_24

The first few people who downloaded got it before I was able to add the nav/landing light effects.

Just cut and paste this in if you don't have any running lights or in-flight exhaust flames.

<Effects>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_01"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_02"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_03"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_04"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_05"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_06"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_13"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_14"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_15"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_16"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_17"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_18"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_01"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_02"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_03"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_04"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_05"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_06"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_13"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_14"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_15"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_16"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_17"/>
<Effect Type="StartEngine0" EffectName="fx_engstrt_flames" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_18"/>
<Effect Type="Shells0" EffectName="fx_shells_m" Location="gun_grp0b0"/>
<Effect Type="Shells1" EffectName="fx_shells_m" Location="gun_grp1b0"/>
<Effect Type="Shells2" EffectName="fx_shells_s" Location="gun_grp2b0"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" Location="emitter_left_wing_tip" MinVel="90" MaxVel="110"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_N_gtrail" Location="emitter_right_wing_tip" MinVel="90" MaxVel="110"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_green" PosX="4.83" PosZ="0.05" PosY="-0.05" MinVel="0" MaxVel="58"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_nav_red" PosX="-4.83" PosZ="0.05" PosY="-0.05" MinVel="0" MaxVel="65"></Effect>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="-2.33" PosZ="0.56" PosY="-0.26" MinVel="0" MaxVel="65"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fx_ac_Light_landing" PosX="-2.33" PosZ="0.56" PosY="-0.36" MinVel="0" MaxVel="65"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_01"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_02"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_03"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_04"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_05"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_r_06"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_13"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_14"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_15"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_16"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_17"/>
<Effect Type="Track" EffectName="fighter_exhaust_blue_flame" Location="emitter_exhaust_l_18"/>
</Effects>

alain95
March 15th, 2010, 04:40
Thank you very much for this new repaint,

The story of these Free french pilots is absolutely fantastic, I've been reading some articles on it but not a complete
book for instance. The Yak is hard to handle in CFS3 but it shows a very talented airplane. Les Andelys is 80 km from my home...

Wish you all the best
FFD Alain95

HouseHobbit
March 15th, 2010, 10:26
I am really taken by the Yak 9 I think I feel some missions coming on..
Thanks for the Great aircraft..

Led Zeppelin
March 15th, 2010, 12:21
The story of these Free french pilots is absolutely fantastic, I've been reading some articles on it but not a complete book for instance.
"Un du Normandie Niemen" de Roger Sauvage est un indispensable.

Le Hors Série d'AéroJournal sorti il y a 4-5 ans était vraiment très bien et très complet sur le sujet.

ndicki
March 15th, 2010, 12:48
What I don't like about Normandie is that although the Groupe had honourable origins, it slowly filled up with Vichy turncoats who had more kills against the RAF than against the Germans... Forgive me for that, but I used to be seen on occasion at 59 rue Vergniaud. It rubs off on you, especially when they are right.

Lefevre himself was the right sort of type.