PDA

View Full Version : Panel won't go right

OBIO
March 14th, 2010, 03:31
Working on the panel for the PT-19 Cornell. Ran into a problem. The site window, or what ever you call it, is wonky.....in FS Panel Studio, it looks fine. But in the sim, the forward view is cut off and the lower part is black. I have quadruple checked the panel.bmp back ground to make sure it is 0,0,0 black...it is. I have adjusted the window view setting in FS Panel Studio to max size...and still the panel does not diplay properly in the sim. Anyone have any ideas.

OBIO

Z-claudius24
March 14th, 2010, 04:09
Hi,

Methink you can ajust this in a chapter of the panel.cfg

Exemple from the default C172

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8192
SIZE_Y=2500

Try play with those numbers ....

OBIO
March 14th, 2010, 04:10
I adjusted those numbers all the way to max....and that did not change anything...no matter where the numbers are set...the screen does not change.

bazzar
March 14th, 2010, 04:44
Go to the window properties section of Panel Studio. Set the background sliders for x and y co-ordinates to the desired screen area.

Moparmike
March 14th, 2010, 05:18
Another thing that can cause that in FS9 is if the window has the "render_3d_window=" set to 1 in the panel.cfg.

This flag works great in CFS2 but it causes some real weird stuff in FS9.

Wim
March 14th, 2010, 06:22
Changed these settings on the original panel:

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8192
SIZE_Y=4112

into

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8192
SIZE_Y=6142

and got rid of black triangles in the lower corners
Those values will set the background to the full screen size.

Wim

OBIO
March 14th, 2010, 10:10
I have set the default view area to the max size several times:

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8192
SIZE_Y=6142and the 2D view is still the same.No change what so ever. Render_3D_Window is not in the config anywhere.

OBIO

dogknot
March 14th, 2010, 10:26
Sounds like your view is "hung-up" in the sim. Restart FS with another aircraft and then switch to the PT-19. Better yet, restart FS with the FS9 default flight, Cessna at SeaTac. That usually resets FS9's brain.

Wim
March 14th, 2010, 12:46
Obio,

just put the panel jpg you posted in psp9 and it showed that all the black area's in the corner read r=1, g=1,and b=1 instead of r=0, g=0 and b=0.
It might be due to the jpg conversion but you might check it again.

Wim

Moparmike
March 14th, 2010, 13:33
The pure black 0,0,0 upper left corner pixel doesn't affect FS9 like it does the older sims. That is tied into just the transparency color.

OBIO,
Email me a copy of your panel.cfg or attach it here. I'll take a closer peek at it tomorrow (my next day off).

OBIO
March 14th, 2010, 16:01
I got it figured out....there was some {Views} stuff at the top of the panel config....Forward View stuff. I deleted that and the panel works fine now. Never saw that cause a problem before...but then again, I never had a dream about a 2000 foot tall purple elephant being the source of thunder....but that sure was the dream I had last night.

OBIO

PeteHam
March 14th, 2010, 18:20
..... I never had a dream about a 2000 foot tall purple elephant being the source of thunder....but that sure was the dream I had last night.

OBIO

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Watch out for the hail ..... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Glad you got the panel sorted.

Pete.

dogknot
March 14th, 2010, 21:26
I got it figured out....there was some {Views} stuff at the top of the panel config....Forward View stuff. I deleted that and the panel works fine now. Never saw that cause a problem before...but then again, I never had a dream about a 2000 foot tall purple elephant being the source of thunder....but that sure was the dream I had last night.

OBIO

Would you mind sharing those bad boy View entries? Nothing like learning, good and bad, to keep this hobby interesting.

OBIO
March 14th, 2010, 21:36
These are the lines that were throwing the panel out of whack:

[VIEWS]
VIEW_FORWARD_WINDOWS=MAIN_PANEL,20,30

VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=3.000, 0.000, 0.000

Like I said, I have never seen these lines cause this problem before.

OBIO

dogknot
March 15th, 2010, 05:42
Thanks, OBIO.

I wonder if now that your external view has corrected itself, if you could reinsert those Views numbers and be okay or if it will duplicate the screwed up views. Just curious.