PDA

View Full Version : how to change-add nationalities in NEK?

gianlucabagatti
March 14th, 2010, 03:10
another question: having NEK installed, whatever the game (CFS3, MAW, PTO and so on...) is there a way to change-add nationalities in order to let some airplens appear under the right flag?

greycap.raf
March 14th, 2010, 03:43
At least changing them is possible. I've done this for my normal CFS3.1a as China and others are certainly not needed in it.

As a bottom line you'll have to edit a couple of files and change, say, China to Belgium by changing the CHI (and China where it appears) to BEL and Belgium. I'll try to make a listing.

First, country.xml in the main folder where you find

<Country ID="China"/>

And change it to

<Country ID="Belgium"/>

Then you go down the file until you find the part that defines China and change it to

<Country ID="Belgium" Name="Belgium" ShortName="BEL" DirBase="bel" Nationality="Belgian" Heading="oclock"

And you're done with this file.

Then, unlimitedpilots.xml also in the main folder where you change the nationality of the pilots so that your new born Belgium has pilots too. Simply find

<Value Name="Country" Value="China"/>

And change them to

<Value Name="Country" Value="Belgium"/>

Next, nek.xml in the campaigns folder. Find

<Country Name="China">

And change it to

<Country Name="Belgium">

after which scroll to the bottom and change

<China SupplyBurnDownModifier="1.0" ReserveBurnDownModifier="1.0"/>

to

<Belgium SupplyBurnDownModifier="1.0" ReserveBurnDownModifier="1.0"/>

Now you need a folder for Belgium in the uires folder. Make a duplicate of the Other Allied Nationalities ie. "oan" folder, name it "bel", throw out all the unnecessary flags and rename the Belgian flag as "flag".

And you're done with this folder.

Finally get rid of your Application data folder file unlimitedpilots.xml and you are done.

From now on you can make aircraft appear under the Belgian flag by editing their XDP's to have Country="Belgium" in them. Admittedly you have Chinese names as Belgian pilots but you can change that in country.xml and unlimitedpilots.xml if you have time to spare. You can also change all Chinese vehicles to Belgian but it's not needed for the sim to work, you're just left with no vehicles on Belgian airbases and factories.

As always make backups of every file you're going to modify before proceeding. I screwed up my install three or four times when doing this by trial and error. If it doesn't work I may have forgotten something, I tried to avoid it but take no responsibility if such a thing happened.

gianlucabagatti
March 14th, 2010, 08:20
hi greycap; thks a lot!
I will have something to do this night!