PDA

View Full Version : MAW: which airplanes ABSOLUTELY needed to let it work?

gianlucabagatti
March 14th, 2010, 03:06
hi mates,
I wonder if with MAW is the same as with CFS3: are there (apart the 3-4 ones, as the P47 for example, which through editing the airfile do not appear...) some airplanes which MUST be in the aircraft folder to let the sim work?
Took some of the original MAW (the DR as well as some others) out and the sim did start but the mission did not load even though the aircraft for the mission was of course left in thr folder: so no CTD but nevertheless something I cannot explain....
Can anyone here address me to the solution?
Best tegards to you all!
Gianluca

ndicki
March 14th, 2010, 04:52
Never, ever remove the Bf109G-6, the P-47d and P-47d-25 (The razorback has the sound files for the bubbletop), the B-26 or the Ju88. That goes for any/all installs of CFS3, as these are hard-coded. What you can do, though, is transfer the sound folder from the P-47d into the P-47d-25, and delete the P-47d. You'll probably also delete shared cockpit files or something, but that doesn't matter. You can then edit the xdps of all of them to make them appear as, say, Chinese or something, so they're out of the way, and add ~ to the ShortName entry so they appear at the end of the list. If you know how, you can make the Bf109, B-26 and Ju88 disappear completely by changing the air file entry from =0 to =2, making them true AIs. They will no longer appear in the menu. You will also need to set spawning to "No" in the xdp - AllowSpawn="n" Delete the bdp file after any changes.

I can't remember offhand which aircraft appears as default (as the P-47d normally does) but I suspect it's the MC200. You can change this by opening the "frontend.xml" file in Missions with notepad and changing the default aircraft.

The other thing is of course that some aircraft are sound-aliased to the stock aircraft, so if you remove the stock ones, you will need to fix the sound aliases. I think all MAW aircraft use DR sound files rather than stock, but I'm not sure without looking.

I've probably forgotten a few things though... So be very careful not to do something you can't undo!

gianlucabagatti
March 14th, 2010, 08:01
thks ndicki, thatīs enough to work with by now!