PDA

View Full Version : HU: Aerosoft OV-10 Bronco

Peritas
March 13th, 2010, 04:09
Mathijs Kok from Aerosoft wrote: "We like to announce our internal projects as soon as possible but this could to be a record. We do not even have an image. The same team that done the F-16 (partly), Catalina and Airbus X has now started on a project that we codenamed (don't tell others) OV-10 Bronco X."

I believe that is very, very interesting...

Luca

MudMarine
March 13th, 2010, 04:18
Thats SWEEEEET!:jump:

falcon409
March 13th, 2010, 05:16
Mathijs Kok from Aerosoft wrote: "We like to announce our internal projects as soon as possible but this could to be a record. We do not even have an image. The same team that done the F-16 (partly), Catalina and Airbus X has now started on a project that we codenamed (don't tell others) OV-10 Bronco X."

I believe that is very, very interesting...
Luca
lol, lol, pretty funny. . .anyone who has kept track of Aerosoft over the years knows this isn't a new project, they started the OV-10 years ago, even had WIP shots of the VC and exterior. Either they scraped the whole original project and are starting over or they've simply revised a project they figure most folks forgot about.:salute:

Reddog
March 13th, 2010, 05:20
Why bother when u can get Piglet's for free.

Dag
March 13th, 2010, 06:22
lol, lol, pretty funny. . .anyone who has kept track of Aerosoft over the years knows this isn't a new project, they started the OV-10 years ago, even had WIP shots of the VC and exterior. Either they scraped the whole original project and are starting over or they've simply revised a project they figure most folks forgot about.:salute:

Hi there,

I bet the project got on the back-burner at some point. I've asked Mathijs about it several times and he indicated to me it'll turn up one day or another. Might as well call it a fresh start, IMO, as the 3D guy set to "start" it now is beyond capable. The PBY was also put to rest for a while as the modeller that did that left. I'd say let's focus on the coming project, I doubt the F-16 would have turned up in its present form up had it not been for this same 3D guy. This 3D guru, also did completely new PBY ext and int models and "saved" this project as well.

FSX payware development is resource-consuming and time-consuming, especially when you work as a team.

I am not a part of this team, for your info:salute:

Thanks

Kiwikat
March 13th, 2010, 08:02
Why bother when u can get Piglet's for free.

Piglet's will probably give you three times as many FPS too.

I really hope this isn't yet another one of Aerosoft's planes with 400,000 polys. You don't need a model that large to be detailed and pretty. I think the L-39 is the ultimate case in point... it has abundant eye candy and you can have 5 of them on screen at once with little FPS hit.

I guess we'll see what they do with this one. :kilroy:

Dag
March 13th, 2010, 08:45
Hi,

Well there's always the option to buy or not to buy, luckily enough. In addition there's always the possibility to wait and see what customers say after they bought it. The PBY is a pretty detailed model, inside out and I have no problems with it over most scenery with my 2-3 years old system. I find it very smooth in fact.

Thanks

Peritas
March 13th, 2010, 10:38
Hi Dag! I have the PBY and the Twin Otter: IMHO they are within the best aircrafts for FSX...
Also, your repaint are awesome: your canadian bare PBY is a must!
By the way, do you know why Aerosoft do not release the repaint of red Vingtor?

Best regards,
Luca

Dag
March 13th, 2010, 20:54
Hi Dag! I have the PBY and the Twin Otter: IMHO they are within the best aircrafts for FSX...
Also, your repaint are awesome: your canadian bare PBY is a must!
By the way, do you know why Aerosoft do not release the repaint of red Vingtor?

Best regards,
Luca

No, I'm not sure why it was not included but my best guess would be an evaluation "higher up" in the system. We had many Norwegian paints at hand... But as far as I am concerned, they could have skipped one of mine.

Thanks

Peritas
March 14th, 2010, 00:35
Dag, can you upload here this single repaint (red Vingtor)?
I'd like a lot to have it, please..... :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::j ump::jump:
Luca

Dag
March 14th, 2010, 08:26
Dag, can you upload here this single repaint (red Vingtor)?
I'd like a lot to have it, please..... :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::j ump::jump:
Luca

Sorry, not my work, very sorry.

Peritas
March 14th, 2010, 09:37
Never mind! :salute:

Regards,
Luca