PDA

View Full Version : Model not loading into Dped

ArgVega
November 7th, 2008, 08:01
I needed a point in the right direction, i did a conversion on one of alphasims FS2004 jets to CFS2 usig mdlc142 and mk_mdlcV2.

Steps taken:
1) I converted the model to FS2002
2) I converted the model to CFS2, Fixed Animation, Added Shine.
All steps passed

I ended up with .MD2, .MDS, .MDT, .MDL files

But when i try to open the model in dped v1.2 to build it a new dp, it gives me an "?????" error and i can't see the model?

any ideas on why? my guess is the conversion was not correct?

Rocktser2
November 7th, 2008, 08:07
Go to www.flightsim.com (http://www.flightsim.com)

Search "dped"

get dped 1.10..................................

dped 1.2 .................has some issues

Also, do you have a dp in the aircraft folder.............since you began with a none blow em up F9 .........

there probaby wasn't a dp to start with???????

if you have a dp................file.........check naming convention............are model and dp written to have name

ArgVega
November 7th, 2008, 08:42
Thanks, i did get the dped v1.10 and i'm trying to build the dp file from scratch but i can't get the model to show up as a wireframe in the dped, i've tested with a cfs2 plane and that model did show up in the program..

I don't know how to check naming convention, but i'm building a dp from scratch so i didn't check

DOMINIC
November 7th, 2008, 09:09
I believe all aircraft model files created with GMax or FSDSv2 don't show in wireframe view. Only models created with FSDSv1 could be seen in wireframe.
For dp file design I use DPED simultaneously with a payware software program called Aircraft Container Manager which allows you to see the plane in 3D, side, front & top views.
www.aircraftmanager.com (http://www.aircraftmanager.com)
you can always see the plane with this program as it is displayed on a scaled grid and therefore allows you to see the right dimensions of the aircraft. The only display issue occurs with FS9 model files converted to CFS2. You only have to keep the original FS9 model file in the model folder and the aircraft will show in the program.

ArgVega
November 7th, 2008, 09:51
Thanks, i tried that site but it seems to be down and i can't find a demo of the program anywhere, so i'm tryring to find another model program that will display model views with dimensions.. Any suggestions?

NVM I found a demo, dp file is in progress, thanks for your help guys!

bearcat241
November 7th, 2008, 10:16
With every conversion i've done - and i've done hundreds that were never uploaded - i have never created a new dp from scratch. I always search out from my download archives, my hangar installs or the web a native CFS2 aircraft of similar type to the convert. I rename and use that dp as the base for the new convert and with the help of Dped just nip and tuck it's damage boxes and gunflashes to fit.

The first order to start adjusting is always the guns and/or the mountpoints, because these are represented on the blueprint as dots. And once you get these little dots in their perfect places, they then serve as excellent reference points for adjusting the locations and dimensions of the damage boxes to fit the new model perfectly. Using these dots and having knowledge of the aircraft's specified dimensions helps with the adjusting.

You need also to have a nice metric converter tool alongside so that any dimensional data you have in standard measurements can be converted metrically for accurate adjustments in Dped, which relies on metric dimensions in blueprint placements.

ArgVega
November 7th, 2008, 11:34
Ya i found one to work with, which would save me alot of work.. it sucks ACM doesn't have cursor placement in meters tho, so i'm guestamating

sc7500
November 7th, 2008, 13:02
... Ya don't have the time to go hunting for a decent d/l link:

www.fscorner.de/library/tools/47.htm (http://www.fscorner.de/library/tools/47.htm)

and look for acmbeta3.zip

I need a sandwich
SC
:kilroy:

wolfi
November 7th, 2008, 13:38
-just for the designer´s , I make a special FS2000 MDL without VC and multilodmodels for creating the DP file with Dped 1.10 , and it work´s fine. -I´m using FSDS2.4 .

wolfi

ArgVega
November 7th, 2008, 13:44
Thanks you guys i found the amc program earlier, it just doesn't tell you where your cursor is from the origin in terms of meters like the dped blueprint window which is not a big deal it would just be nice... i'm researching all the data to make an accurate dp for my jet right now, i'll have some screens up soon.

hewman100
November 8th, 2008, 02:07
Hi Arg, you might want to update your MDLC to v190 too. It's available here at the Outhouse uploaded under 'Archisoft'

DOMINIC
November 8th, 2008, 08:39
You can change the grid scale units in ACM to metric units and afterwards you just have to count intervals between grid lines to get rather accurate measurements. I usually choose 0.5 meter intervals, 0.1 meter if I need a very accurate measurement as for guns or weapons placement.