PDA

View Full Version : Apple 27' with complete computer

hey_moe
March 11th, 2010, 02:30
Yesterday Pat and I were shopping around and looking at some new stuff on the market. We also stopped by Best Buys and Pat had been looking at a new tower and we ended up at the Apple area. After playing with that 27 inch monitor that had the pooter built in the monitor he decided to buy it. It was only a little bit over a grand, no biggie.He also brought a program that allowed him to install Windows7 as a program instead of using Bootcamp. That was kinda sweet. You don't have to reboot your pooter to get into windows OS. The new things that Apple has done with it's pooters,programs and it's OS puts Microsoft to shame. I know we have die hard MS members in here but I can see my next tower replacement will be a Apple.This was Pat's first Apple and he had no idea about how it worked.We spent about five hours playing with the system and programs and after a while he started to get the hang of it and started to really liking it. He was amazed at how fast it booted up and went into sleep mode. It also surfed faster and programs opened up faster. The programs that came with the Apple system was also a plus. He was floored at how the graphics showed up on the monitor and how a video looked.

lifejogger
March 11th, 2010, 04:10
Can you run FSX on an Apple?

Lionheart
March 11th, 2010, 07:05
Can you run FSX on an Apple?

I do.. I make my planes now on my Apple. But I use Bootcamp, where it reboots into Windows XP mode. I havent tried that new program. I forget what its called.

Thats cool news Mike. I hope he really enjoys it. My 24" iMac is awesome. I am thinking of getting that Mac super tower. If it can hold 4 HD's in it, I will not have to have these spare HD docks on my desk, lol..

Bill

hey_moe
March 11th, 2010, 13:20
Hi Bill, we hooked up at lunch time at work and he talked non stop about it. I think he is a Apple man now...lol....Mike