PDA

View Full Version : 1FR Hawk 75 - texture mix up?

nschley
March 11th, 2010, 01:49
Hello,

I just downloaded the 1FR Hawk 75 orignally designed by Westfall/Sullenger and obviously repainted by Will Hunter. But there seems to be a texture mix up as the damage textures seem to show the modell intended (GC I/5 Lieutenant Edmond Marin La Meslée) but the normal textures are the old ones (GC II/5 "Lafayette").
Who knows more about? Does anybody have the right version?

Thanks

Nobby

Jagdflieger
March 11th, 2010, 13:28
Nschley,

I dropped the Hawk into my CFS 2 without modification and it shows up with the proper textures. I'm not sure why your Hawk is showing the damage textures without getting shot up. I'll try and shoot a few up tonight and see what shows.

Once the server is all sorted out, I suggest you get the now freeware Donationware P-36. Morton made a very nice Armee de l'Aire for it.

huub vink
March 11th, 2010, 13:46
And when you want more, these will fit the ex-donationware H75 as well ;)

Cheers
Huub

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=10114

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=10113

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/page.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=10115

nschley
March 12th, 2010, 12:38
Hi Jagdflieger, Hi Huub,

thank you a lot for the hint - the Donationware model is of course far better !!! I wasn't aware that there are french repaints out there.

Regarding the olde model there definitely is a mix-up of textures. But, it seems to depend on the source where you downloaded it. In the simviation version (H-75A-1.zip) all is ok, whereas in the sim-outhouse version (1FR_Hawk-75A-3.zip) are two different versions. This also becomes clear, if you read the "texture read me" file of the second version. See the pic attached:

... but with the Donationware model, who cares?!

Bye
Nobby

Jagdflieger
March 12th, 2010, 15:54
Here is how the textures are named in my texture folder.

leroy10
March 12th, 2010, 16:30
Hi All,

The normal textures should have an _t extension and damage textures an _d. The swapping between them is handled by the sim using flags from the DP and model.

Double check the textures haven't been renamed incorrectly.

Cheers :ernae:
Lindsay

nschley
March 14th, 2010, 04:31
Hi Jagdflieger,

maybe I was not clear enough. As can be seen in the pics of your folder the damage texture (P-36_d) shows another skin as the normal textures (P-36_t). The first, the damage texture, show the skin of GC I/5 n°217, La Meslée May 1940 with the orange triangles as a symbol for the escadrille and orange numbers in the tail. This is the skin version also mentioned in the "Texture Read Me" attached. The second, the normal texture file, shows the skin of the GC II/5 1939-40 with the Indian as a symbol for the 1er escadrille. Obviously it seems to have been the original skin as can be found in the Hawk model from the same author I downloaded from simviation. In this version also the damage texture shows the "Indian" version.
So I suppose the autor of the 1% model mixed up the texture files. Maybe he has inteded to upload another skin as actually done. But, as Lindsay clearified, the normal texture files show up in the sim showing the "Indian" version.

Thats all, but as I mentioned the at least optically much better FDG2 model makes my observation obsolete, at least for me. Sorry if I have produced some confusion ...

Nobby

Jagdflieger
March 14th, 2010, 07:33
No, no problems or confusion. I posted the screen shot of the texture file so that you would know how to rename your texture files to work.

It's interesting to note that our Outhouse staff member "Gramps" had a hand in designing both the 1% and the newer DWare Hawks/P-36s.