PDA

View Full Version : Photoreal Skyraider

Javis
March 10th, 2010, 20:21
Here's a couple shots of Tim Conrad's excellent Skyraider model in photoreal fashion. ( Thanks Tim! Wonderful job! :applause::salute: ) Still a few bits & pieces to adjust.

1912 1911 1913 1910

Cheers,
Jan

HenryW
March 10th, 2010, 22:31
Looks great! :applause:

roger-wilco-66
March 10th, 2010, 22:40
Wow! Stunning! That looks amazing!
One thing though (I alreday thought that on other repaints of this Skyraider): I think the inside of the cowling is a tad too bright.

Cheers,
Mark

jankees
March 10th, 2010, 23:31
Wow, very nice!

Cleartheprop
March 10th, 2010, 23:44
Stunning shots! Thanks! :running:

Daube
March 11th, 2010, 00:01
Beautifull repaint !

skyblazer3
March 11th, 2010, 00:52
Here's a couple shots of Tim Conrad's excellent Skyraider model in photoreal fashion. ( Thanks Tim! Wonderful job! :applause::salute: ) Still a few bits & pieces to adjust.

Cheers,
Jan

JAN,

Stop messing around with paintjobs and GET BACK TO WORK! J/k.... Great job on the textures.... will enjoy flying her.

Best,

Chris

Javis
March 11th, 2010, 01:14
Thanks guys !

I think the inside of the cowling is a tad too bright.

That's true, i'll darken it up a tad.

JAN,Stop messing around with paintjobs and GET BACK TO WORK!

Heheh, well this WAS a bit of work i can tell you, Chris.. :d If a great subject for a photoreal texture turns up i have to put my tools down no matter what, i've got a photoreal monkey on my back..

Back to work now,sir, yes sir. :salute:

Cheers,
Jan

coltsr2
March 11th, 2010, 01:19
Excellent looking textures!

harleyman
March 11th, 2010, 02:25
sweet job there you did...Amazing looking.....:applause:

noddy
March 11th, 2010, 02:35
A beautiful job :applause:, and love that last shot.

JimC1702
March 11th, 2010, 02:56
Superb!

Jim

Ian Warren
March 11th, 2010, 03:35
Jan , that is one heck off way to complement Tim's effort , way to cool :applause:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

EgoR64
March 11th, 2010, 08:07
Yes, Great Paint - !!

Thank you,

Many Cheers !!:applause:

peter12213
March 11th, 2010, 13:19
Really Nice!

DX-FMJ
March 11th, 2010, 13:30
awesome :salute:

Quicksand
March 12th, 2010, 11:19
Beautiful, Jan! WOW!:jump:

dvj
March 12th, 2010, 17:49
Will these photoreal paints be posted? Very, very nice!

Javis
March 13th, 2010, 00:24
Yessir, in a day or two, at avsim,flightsim and probabely here too.

cheers,
jan

skulleader
March 13th, 2010, 01:07
Hello Jan :salute:

WOW awesome work, your great skin is a real present for us. When I watch your screens I've the sensation that I see a real Skyraider !!

A great BRAVO and CONGRATULATION !!! :applause::applause:

Skulleader.

Z-DarthVader
March 13th, 2010, 04:32
Yessir, in a day or two, at avsim,flightsim and probabely here too.

cheers,
jan

Now that is brilliant news indeed!!! Thanks a million Jan! :salute:

skulleader
March 27th, 2010, 10:54
Hello :salute:

Awesome and great skin from Jan, your skin is my favorite :applause: :applause:

If you allow me a little criticism I discovered a problem with the textures of your bombs, in fact one side of the bombs are perfectly textured but the other side of the same bombs meets a bug...

I know that is not a big problem but I would like to know if it's possible to correct this problem of textures with these bombs ?

I tried to modify the textures but I meet a problem with the quality when I save my work (DDS DXT5 or DDS 888-8 32 bit), please could you say to me which is the format you use to have such a quality with your textures ?

Please can you tell me if it's possible to correct this bug ?

PS:
Here a screenshot who show the problem with the bombs :

A great thank's for all and once again congratulation for this great skin :applause: :jump: :applause:

Best regards, Olivier AKA Skulleader.

Javis
March 27th, 2010, 19:28
Bonjour Olivier,

Merci pour le nice comment. :)

I see the problem. Fact is that i didn't work on the armament or tanks textures. I started work on this photoreal texture set before the A-1H model had been released. So it's actually the 'a1j_02.dds' texture that is at work where it should be the 'a1h_02.dds' . This texture was only needed for the canopy frame.

If you can live with a slightly different color hue of the canopy frame you can just copy 'a1h_02.dds' from any of Tim's original A-1H texture sets and paste it in the texture.412AK folder overwriting the original. Armament and tank textures will look like the're supposed to look then. I don't care much for bombs in FS myself that's why i didn't notice. Sorry, my bad.. :redface:

I saved my texture work as DDS DXT5 ( using Photoshop to add alpha channel for reflection and create DDS from 24bit )

Cordialement
Jan

stovall
March 27th, 2010, 21:10
Jan and Skulleader, I made the change to add the correct textures for the H model. If you want the file find it attached. Hope this helps. Download here!! (http://www.animal-clinic.com/FSX/A-1H_Bombs.zip)

Javis
March 28th, 2010, 01:39
Thanks,Tom, that's great ! :)

Was it you who also changed the specular maps ?

Cheers,
Jan

skulleader
March 28th, 2010, 02:43
Dear Dan and Tom :salute:

A great thank's for your assistance :applause:

Tom I have downloaded your file and is perfect, great work !!

A little question for Dan, please can you tell me which version of software you use for created or modified the skin, for me I use this soft : DXTBmp.
You know Dan about the version of 'a1h_02.dds' no problem because I really love your work, you have created a great skin ^^

Just another question about your skin, I see on Internet some photos of the Skyraider and I can see when the airbreak are open the colour of the bay is almost red, Dan can you tell me if you can change the colour in red for replaced the white colour, If it's possible of course.

I join you a photo where you can see these red bay (juste behind the aibreak) :

Once again a great for the quality of your work Dan and Tom, best regards......

PS: I'm very sorry for my poor English.

Olivier :salute:

skulleader
March 28th, 2010, 04:16
I'm back :salute:

After few tests I have coloured in red the bay from the airbreak, please can you inform me if you like these modifications...

In full HD: http://images41.fotki.com/v1577/filenbYg/e662e/3/1571583/8006749/Skyraider01.jpg

In full HD: http://images108.fotki.com/v1540/fileomDh/e662e/3/1571583/8006749/Skyraider02.jpg

In full HD: http://images50.fotki.com/v1529/fileY55k/e662e/3/1571583/8006749/Skyraider03.jpg

Best regards, Olivier..

stovall
March 28th, 2010, 07:03
Jan, I only changed the texture but not the specular map. Glad to help. Your paint is one of my favorites. Thanks for the great job as usual.

Javis
March 28th, 2010, 16:26
Ok,Tom, i believe i did see someone was working on the specular. More specular could really do for the A-1H grey/white scheme. If i'm not mistaken they were painted high gloss.

@ Olivier: i think you're almost there, i'd make that a bit more redish though... ?

DXTbmp works great with BMP's but is not advised for DDS. You'd best use Image Tool for DDS. Comes with FSX Pro or download it free from the net.

Good luck!

cheers,
Jan

Bomber_12th
March 28th, 2010, 17:18
Olivier, the red inside the bays for the air-brakes should be the same red as the section of red that you see on the flaps when they are extended.

Still enjoying this repaint very much, thank you Jan!

skulleader
March 28th, 2010, 22:19
Hello :salute:

Jan, if I well understand your explanations in the DVD Disk 1 of my "FSX PRO" I can found a software for DDS textures.
I have just found on my DVD Disk 1 the folder "SDK", please can you tell me if "Image Tools for DDS" is available in this folder SDK ?
Or please can you give me a link from the Net to found more simply this software ?

Bomber_12th, I would like to thank you for your assistance ^^

Best regards, Olivier :applause:

Javis
March 29th, 2010, 01:37
Olivier, yes, just install the SDK ( setup.exe) Once installed you'll find ImageTool.exe inside the Environment Kit/Terrain SDK folder. You could then delete the SDK folder or start reading and we'll be interesting to see your first own FSX aircraft model. :)

Bon Chance!

Cheers,
Jan

Javis
March 29th, 2010, 02:29
Olivier, the red inside the bays for the air-brakes should be the same red as the section of red that you see on the flaps when they are extended.
Still enjoying this repaint very much, thank you Jan!

My pleasure,John.

Intriguing, those red inside air-brakes and bays... I do remember that from waaaay back in time doing a Skyraider plastic model but apart from NX39606 ( Olivier's photo ) i haven't been able to find any other photo sporting red inside air-brakes, nore RW examples nore models, it's all white what the bell tolls... I don't have books about the Skyraider myself, do you maybe have firm evidence that red was indeed used on air-brakes equipped Skyraiders during their time of operation ? ( could it be that the landinggear doors and bays were painted red too ?.... )

Cheers,
Jan

Willi Breihof
March 29th, 2010, 02:50
I've a question: Why does the skyraider not work the in the FSX without SP1 or SP2.
The textures are all black.

Regards Willi Breihof alias "Harvard"

skulleader
March 29th, 2010, 03:01
Hello Dan,

A great thank's for you assistance about ImageTool.exe from SDK ^^

About the red or white colour inside air-brakes and bays I looked on Internet and http://www.airliners.net but I do not find photos of these parts.

I think that I go deleted the red colour and to use your skin which I find really very beautiful.

If somebody has photos of "inside air-brakes and bays" That will be very useful.

PS: http://www.hyperscale.com/features/2001/a1hpc_1.htm

A great thank's for all and once again I'm very sorry for my poor English.

Best regards, Olivier.

Javis
March 29th, 2010, 03:17
I've a question: Why does the skyraider not work the in the FSX without SP1 or SP2.
The textures are all black

Willie, it is highly recommendable to install SP1/SP2. Not only the textures will work but you'll find your FSX to perform about twice as good as it does without the service packs.

You can download both SP1 and SP2 for free here :

http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/FlightSimulatorXServicePack2.aspx

( remember to install SP1 first )

cheers,
Jan

Javis
March 29th, 2010, 03:25
I think that I go deleted the red colour and to use your skin which I find really very beautiful.

I'd wait for John's answer, Olivier. He might have some good clues.

I'm very sorry for my poor English.

Your English is fine, mate, don't worry. :)

cheers,
jan

skulleader
March 29th, 2010, 07:52
Hello my friends :salute:

As John explain to me I modified the red inside the bays for the air-brakes to have the same red as the section of red that you see on the flaps when they are extended.

But I don't know if this little modification is beautiful, real or not but one thing I'm sure it's that this skin is really beautiful, great work Jan !!!!

PS: Here 3 screens with the new red :

In HD Resolution: http://images112.fotki.com/v586/filemdFt/7100e/3/1571583/8006749/Skyraider04.jpg

In HD Resolution: http://images26.fotki.com/v940/fileFLrm/7100e/3/1571583/8006749/Skyraider05.jpg

In HD Resolution: http://images17.fotki.com/v297/fileavPC/7100e/3/1571583/8006749/Skyraider06.jpg

Best regards, Olivier. :salute::applause::salute:

Bomber_12th
March 29th, 2010, 08:00
I would agree to leave the bays white as well. The only evidence I have ever found of the bays being painted red is on NX39606 (the subject of that photo), and the paint today is rather faded/worn out, as the white below becomes clearer. Every model kit out there, seems to be painted with the bays white, which must be the consensus.

skulleader
March 29th, 2010, 08:12
Hello John :salute:

Yes I agree completely with you, all the photos whom I found on Internet shows the bays for the air-brakes are white.
So I am going to use the skin that Jan has created :ernae:

A great thank's for your assistance and your help, best regards.

Olivier :salute: