PDA

View Full Version : The joy of sofa shopping

OBIO
March 10th, 2010, 08:47
The time has come to purchase a new sofa....ours is toast! Tuesday Deb and I stopped by the local Big Lots store to check out the furniture in stock...and they have a very nice looking sectional, very comfy, covered in a very durable fabric that is a dark moss green color. Very nice. $699. And since they have a Price Hold (Lay A Way) we will be able to put in in Lay A Way, make payments (interest free) and have it paid off in May.....which gives me time to do the Spring Cleaning and Carpet Shampooing.

Well, I ran in today to measure the sectional so we can get an idea of how to rearrange the living room once it is here....only to find out that the sectional is a lot bigger than it looks in that huge open building. 124 inches long, with a chaise lounge thing on the one end that comes out nearly 90 inches....the chaise lounge part is as big as our current sofa! Definitely not going to fit in our living room...well it will, if we remove everything but the entertainment console and TV.

So, this weekend, we will be going back to the store to try to pick out something that will fit in our living room.

OBIO

kilo delta
March 10th, 2010, 12:05
I'd the same problem with our new tv.... ;) :icon_lol:

harleyman
March 11th, 2010, 02:18
My wife picked out our couch.....

its a sectional too..its massive, shaped like an (L) and one side has a built in queen bed, and the other part of th (L) id two recliners, with a built in table and storage between, Both sides are seperated by a wedge piece, and the other side has a matching BIG FLUFFY recliner..

So..Its three recliners , and one queen bed....LOL

YES..I had to remodel the room, and pushed the outside wall out 4 feet to make it all work..Our entairment center is like 7 feet tall, and 11 feet long...LOl It sits under a catherial ceiling...

All our furniture is HUGH for some reason..its a Bi^%#$ to move too...