PDA

View Full Version : have you noticed

simonu
November 7th, 2008, 05:16
Gun turret animations on AI planes and ships.
next time you are trying to shoot down a stock CFS2 bomber like the B24 or are strafing a stock ship like the Mahan or indeed one of Usio Sans fine creations see if you can get a close look at those gun turrets, They are not just tracking you, they are tracking their targets. In the six years or so Ive been playing around with CFS2 I had not noticed this ( I am usually blown out of the sky before I can get close enough to see this behaviour )
Screenies below taken by Psullykeys,
A player ship ( foreground, turrets stubbornly static !! ) fires on the Mahan, take a close look, the Mahan's turrets are trained on the player ship.
Check out the top turret of the liberator, the guns are trained on Sully's wing man (out of shot). its hard to see in these shots.
So if any of you Aces can get a clearer or closer image of the AI turret animations in action please post here,

Jagdflieger
November 7th, 2008, 07:16
Yes, I have.

Unfortunately for me though, it's just seconds before my high performance, well textured, well armed, but poorly flown aeroplane does a flaming face plant right into the ocean.:costumes:

On the serious side though, if you set up a mission where you are the captain on one of Usio's war ships, you can stand on the bridge and watch your gun turrets track and shoot at the Yankee Air Pirates as they attack your ship and torpedo and dive bomb the aircraft carriers in your fleet. It's kind of fun to watch the action from this perspective.

Rocktser2
November 7th, 2008, 14:31
There is always a smart @$@%^ with a bumper sticker........

hewman100
November 8th, 2008, 02:09
:costumes::costumes::costumes:

Devildog73
November 8th, 2008, 04:03
Rockster, that reminds me of some of the "bumper snicker" art on some of the armor around .50 cals on up armored Hummers and M2 Bradley turrets in the desert.

Along the lines of: "Free photos, just smile, look here and wait for the flash." :kilroy: