PDA

View Full Version : The Skysim Mirage III way!

Cleartheprop
March 10th, 2010, 08:00
I switched to FSX the day the Skysim Mirage III was released. (because of it actually!) :icon_lol:
This video is a tribute to the work of Mark Harper, Frank Safranek, Matt Levi, Zsolt Beleznay and Jens Ole Kjolberg. :running:
U3Y4UnC-Rj4

flaviossa
March 10th, 2010, 08:16
wow!!! :icon_eek: I like the part in :brazil: most.

Great job!

stovall
March 10th, 2010, 08:23
MirageIII2009, that is what I call a worthwhile video. Great job. Thanks

kilo delta
March 10th, 2010, 08:28
Excellent video!:ernae::applause::applause: Don't suppose you've a 1080p version too?:)

papab
March 10th, 2010, 08:56
Absolutely stunning video-Well done :applause::applause::applause:

fsafranek
March 10th, 2010, 10:26
Beautiful textbook landing at the end. :applause:

The opening scene reminds me of the first time I saw a Mirage. We were on a tour bus heading south from Calais to Paris. Suddenly a small delta winged aircraft flashed across the horizon ahead of us. I knew what it was and was jumping up and down in my seat. Then another one closer and slower. I can still see it very clearly. Thanks for the memory.
:ernae:

doublecool
March 10th, 2010, 13:37
:icon_lol::applause:

Thats Cool & Hot

Well Done

peter12213
March 10th, 2010, 13:40
Great Vid!!!

fsafranek
March 10th, 2010, 22:18
I meant to ask, what scenery is that airbase for the Aussie scenes?

Cleartheprop
March 11th, 2010, 00:47
Beautiful textbook landing at the end. :applause:

The opening scene reminds me of the first time I saw a Mirage. We were on a tour bus heading south from Calais to Paris. Suddenly a small delta winged aircraft flashed across the horizon ahead of us. I knew what it was and was jumping up and down in my seat. Then another one closer and slower. I can still see it very clearly. Thanks for the memory.
:ernae:

Thank you everyone !
Frank : I have the same kind of memories from my childhood. And I can say that the Mirage III is responsible of my passion for airplanes and later for my carreer guidance. Needless to say that I like the Skysim Mirage III very much! :icon_lol:
The Australian airfield I use for this video is YPLC (Port-Lincoln / South Australia)
Thanks for your work!

Kilo Delta : I only go up to 1280 X 720 for the time... thinking about upgrading my config.

Naki
March 11th, 2010, 01:01
Fantastic clip!..actually all your clips are wonderful (I've watched them all) and the Mirage is a stunning looking aircraft.

Just one small correction the Mirage left RAAF service in 1989.

kilo delta
March 11th, 2010, 01:13
Kilo Delta : I only go up to 1280 X 720 for the time... thinking about upgrading my config.

HD 720 will be fine, MirageIII. Must d/l that youtube video :)

Cleartheprop
March 11th, 2010, 01:19
Fantastic clip!..actually all your clips are wonderful (I've watched them all) and the Mirage is a stunning looking aircraft.

Just one small correction the Mirage left RAAF service in 1989.

Thank you Naki for the correction! I missed this point (didnt drink enough coffee when I did the final check!) :ernae:

ZsoltB
March 11th, 2010, 11:12
Yeah!

Great video!

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Zsolt

Cleartheprop
March 11th, 2010, 13:36
Yeah!

Great video!

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Zsolt

Thank you! :ernae:

dominique
March 12th, 2010, 04:48
Splendid video, always a pleasure to see your work ! (well for the music, Trenet was sweet at the beginning, the subsequent noise - not talking about the engine - was a bit taxing for me, why can't one have a fighter jet clip without heavy metal or hiphop :icon_lol: :jump: ?)

Now, what about Israel 1967 ? The IAF top scorer (ever - 13 kills if I remember well) is a Mirage III which was then sold to Argentina. The Israeli got it back when it was retired from service and is now in display in the IAF museum in Hatzerim AFB .

Cleartheprop
March 12th, 2010, 05:15
Splendid video, always a pleasure to see your work ! (well for the music, Trenet was sweet at the beginning, the subsequent noise - not talking about the engine - was a bit taxing for me, why can't one have a fighter jet clip without heavy metal or hiphop :icon_lol: :jump: ?)

Now, what about Israel 1967 ? The IAF top scorer (ever - 13 kills if I remember well) is a Mirage III which was then sold to Argentina. The Israeli got it back when it was retired from service and is now in display in the IAF museum in Hatzerim AFB .
Hello Dominique and thanks for your comment!
I had some comments on other forums about the music but I think this kind of music brings a lot of energy to the motion picture. But I once made a video showing the Freeware FSX Mirage 2000-5, for which the music was no metal nor Hip hop thing... (see attached video)
uTI35PHLN8g
I was very limited by the length of the video. I think the "3 mns" format is perfect for this kind of video. I couldnt show the Belgian nor the Israelian Mirage III in this amount of time... I guess I will not stop there and make a few more vids about these dassault airplanes... :icon_lol:

dominique
March 12th, 2010, 05:22
Sweet ballet. The tiret 5 is a nice aircraft.

ZsoltB
March 12th, 2010, 05:24
Hello,

What is the Hip-Hop song? I would like to get!

Thank you!

Regards,

Zsolt Beleznay

Cleartheprop
March 12th, 2010, 06:07
Hello,

What is the Hip-Hop song? I would like to get!

Thank you!

Regards,

Zsolt Beleznay
Hello Zsolt,
The song is called "pursuit" and the band is lokal Motif.
It can be found HERE (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=795469&content=music) and it's free. :ernae: