PDA

View Full Version : Skyraider paint...

djscoo
March 9th, 2010, 17:12
Fictional Low-vis scheme.

I'm working on the "real" color version of this too. If anyone is interested in the fictional scheme, I can upload it.

peter12213
March 9th, 2010, 17:43
I normally hate paints like this .... but I rather like that!

djscoo
March 9th, 2010, 18:44
Here's the more accurate version...still a WIP.

Piglet
March 9th, 2010, 19:46
Perfect timing! I 'm gonna do a low-vis "what-if". As if the Skyraider lasted in Navy service into the '80's

peter12213
March 9th, 2010, 19:53
To be honest mates I was going to request a French Navy scheme in the style of the Brequet Alize for a fictional one, you know that two tone grey, I had another in mind but because I'm tired I have forgotten it lol! Its been a long day for me!:salute:

P.S. I love that second one DJscoo! I wanted a French one because we don't have a good 60's or 70's era carrier for her so I'm not flying it from one yet! but we do have a great FNS Clemenceau! No way am I flying from Her in US or Brit colours from that one though!

djscoo
March 9th, 2010, 19:59
Perfect timing! I 'm gonna do a low-vis "what-if". As if the Skyraider lasted in Navy service into the '80's
I really like Vietnam-era naval aircraft, but I'm not too keen on the bright paint of the time. I was originally gonna try the new reversed Marine low-vis that I've seen on some harriers, but I was having a tough time getting it to look right. That'll probably be next.

Piglet
March 9th, 2010, 22:03
This was one I was playing with for my own simple amusement

Odie
March 9th, 2010, 22:35
The Skyraider does wear the lo-viz scheme well...nice work!