PDA

View Full Version : Multi-LOD Models

aardvark62
March 9th, 2010, 07:36
I get sooo frustrated when watching a plane in fly-by view, and seeing bits of it appear and disappear as it passes - is there any way to make a multi-LOD model not so ??

Cheers, A.

PS The model that promted me to ask is Corrado's MC 202 Folgore - I just love this plane from outside the cockpit, and it seems such a shame that you have to be close to it to be able to admire it in it's entirity.

dogknot
March 9th, 2010, 08:49
I didn't recall ever having this problem with the Folgore MC 202 so took it up for a couple of circuits. I didn't experience the loss of bits and pieces.......at least not in the default tower view or the external view.

aardvark62
March 9th, 2010, 09:15
Hi Dogknot -
This occurs in my setup (as with other aircraft including some of the default) in non-default fly-by views - I have the freeware Fly By view which replaces the default tower view, plus a second fly by mode that was a feature with a software called FS9Toolbox. But it also happens in spot view if you move the plane away from your viewpoint.

Could it be down to a display setting somewhere that I'm missing ?

dogknot
March 9th, 2010, 11:07
A lot of variables there. It could be something as simple as the Anisotropic filter setting which I believe is suggested to be set at 8x.

Hopefully, some sharper minds jump in here that have a more thorough understanding of the different card settings.

aardvark62
March 12th, 2010, 07:27
Apologies for resurrecting this, but I was reeeally hoping someone might be able to help... does no one else get this problem of disappearing plane bits ??

Cheers, A.