PDA

View Full Version : NewEgg Reportedly Ships Fake Core i7 Processors

hey_moe
March 9th, 2010, 02:09
This is something different >> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2361054,00.asp

Trans_23
March 9th, 2010, 07:56
Newegg is also getting slammed by some buyers about shotty packaging on their OEM items also. Lots of parts getting broken during shipment. I have personally always had good luck with them but it seems they need to tighten things up a bit.

GT182
March 9th, 2010, 11:32
Sounds like it's all Intel's fault. Sounds like someone in packaging at Intel pulled a fast one. I don't imagine NewEgg opens sealed product packaging just to see what's inside.

Willy
March 9th, 2010, 12:02
Either that or Newegg got "one heck of a deal" from another source and didn't check what they were actually buying.

I quit messing with Newegg a couple of years ago. I got tired of paying sales tax on purchases there. Service and prices were good, but I can buy online elsewhere and not have to pay sales tax.

stansdds
March 9th, 2010, 15:34
I've bought thousands of dollars in products from NewEgg, never a problem. I'm sorry to hear they are now having these problems.

harleyman
March 9th, 2010, 15:44
Hmmmmm I just ordered a 960 too........ Over 530 bucks..hope its real...LOL

GT182
March 9th, 2010, 15:47
To what Willy said about paying sales tax with NewEgg purchaces. Most states now force internet purchacers to pay sales tax because of the loss of revenue. I'm glad I live here is Delaware as I don't have to pay any sales tax on what I buy on the internet. No sales tax here in-state either. :d

Hmmmm, I could start a good little buisness couldn't I. :rolleyes: ;)

boxcar
March 9th, 2010, 15:49
...I quit messing with Newegg a couple of years ago. I got tired of paying sales tax on purchases there.
Service and prices were good, but I can buy online elsewhere and not have to pay sales tax.

Same here. Haven't purchased from them since '08, always finding better deals
after a little Googling & online shopping... & no sales tax payments add up fast.

Willy
March 9th, 2010, 15:50
The reason I have to pay sales tax on NewEgg purchases is that they've got an operation here in Tennessee. So, it's an in-state purchase for me.