PDA

View Full Version : ::OT::: Hey Ickie??

warchild
March 9th, 2010, 01:10
Can we have a railworks forum please???? :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::j ump::jump:

Snuffy
March 9th, 2010, 02:53
Second it ... Please!

Matt Wynn
March 9th, 2010, 09:58
Third it... :jump: Please Ickie.... i'll do more graphics for you's.... :icon_lol:

Roger
March 9th, 2010, 10:18
We've got one at The Old Hangar that's pretty quiet. Be nice if some of you railroaders could liven it up a tad?

http://mainescenery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=trains

warchild
March 9th, 2010, 10:43
::LOL:: I'll be There too.. There does seem to be some hostility towards railworks there, and i cant say as i totally blame the folks as Railworks is a fairly new program with very little available for it, and as mentioned, still very little real simulation going on ( AI being the big issue ). But to say that its just a re-branding of railsim is a bit misleading.. Hell,, half of railsims stuff doesnt run on railworks.. theres been major changes in it and i expect over the next couple years, as the smoke clears and we find out if railworks is blowing smoke or is serious about what they're doing, that we'll see mre capabilities programmed in.. Thats when things will tell whats really going on.. With valves involvement, my biggest fear is that this is an overnight hype that'll be tossed aside with no conciousness whatsoever.. Then again, MSTS is nine years old, and 2D control rooms and the limited things you can do are aged and a bit tarnished around the edges irregardless of how much is available for it..
Thanks for the invite :).. I'll look forward to many discussions there :)..

Snuffy
March 9th, 2010, 11:42
We've got one at The Old Hangar that's pretty quiet. Be nice if some of you railroaders could liven it up a tad?

http://mainescenery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=trains

Been a while since I stuck my head in over there Roger ... I might have to make a visit happen soon. Thx.

Snuffy
March 10th, 2010, 05:24
Just a friendly bump to the top.

We need more support on this?

PRB
March 10th, 2010, 05:39
I have brought this to the attention of those with the power to make such a decision. Standing by...

warchild
March 10th, 2010, 07:59
Thanks Paul.. Thats much appreciated.. With the number of rail fans that came out of the wopdwork on this one, i'm sure it would be a lively board, especially once we start sharing track plans and layout ideas and getting into the nuts and bolts of what makes the hobby fun..

harleyman
March 10th, 2010, 14:28
I like trains too!

but I dont have this yet....

OBIO
March 10th, 2010, 14:45
I tried MS Trains for a couple days....could never get a single train up to take off speed...no matter how long the runway was...just could not get them to fly.

OBIO

Henry
March 10th, 2010, 15:38
I tried MS Trains for a couple days....could never get a single train up to take off speed...no matter how long the runway was...just could not get them to fly.

OBIO
did you set the flaps and trim
H

warchild
March 10th, 2010, 19:04
The secret is in matching the power lashup ( number of engines ) to the number of cars you have.. if you use just a single engine say, and connect thirty cars to it, you aint movin at all.. I'll generally add in an extra engine for every fifteen cars, and even thats a little thin.. Best speed up Cajon Pass with a 50 car consist and three GP-40W's was 23 mph.. best speed on the way down with all that weight behind me?? <EG> well, it wasnt 23 mph ::lol:;....

N2056
March 10th, 2010, 19:21
That actually seems about right...Cajon Pass is a favorite for me. I have gone there several times just to see the trains, and I also go through everytime we go to visit the Mother-in Law.

warchild
March 10th, 2010, 21:14
Dont know if it still exists, but tehachapee used to be the same way, only there were lots of tunnels on it and in the days of steam, that meant that engineers didnt wan to drive that route as you ate smoke all the way up.. SP got a bright idea from that, and put the cab on the front of the train and the boiler in the back, and we get the cab forward out of it...

boxcar
April 9th, 2010, 00:31
did you set the flaps and trim
H

Heh heh heh... that reminds me of one of Bill Lyon's great packages for ACOF. The trains were in actuality low-flying AI. :)

Snuffy
April 9th, 2010, 03:09
This thread should be moved to the train forum ... :)

I'd do it ... but I have neither the powers nor the moderation to do so. ;)