PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim T-34C Mentor is OUT!

An-225
November 7th, 2008, 01:23
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere...

http://www.alphasim3.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=258&osCsid=3e75f7e86fc530dbba8d73a501968c1d

Roger
November 7th, 2008, 01:48
Looks great...thanks for the hu:ernae:

JT8D-9A
November 7th, 2008, 03:50
It looks great and it offers a few very interesting features :applause:

hews500d
November 7th, 2008, 05:10
I think those are about the most realistic looking 3d gauges I've seen yet :applause:

Darrell

Big_Stick
November 7th, 2008, 07:27
I think those are about the most realistic looking 3d gauges I've seen yet :applause:

Darrell

You mean these? Nah, second-rate at best...:d

Thoe6969
November 7th, 2008, 08:34
Looks good,was waiting for Carenados,but talked myself into this one,but had to get a new password from Alphasim,and they keep telling me invalid password ,and they just gave it to me, so I'll just wait on the other one if it ever gets here.

DrZGard
November 7th, 2008, 10:21
Does the GPS and moving map do anything or are they just a static bitmap?

Thoe6969
November 7th, 2008, 10:25
Well finally got a password that works,but can't get it to run at all the prop is turning but it dies,and the start procedure don't work.I don't have a clue.

VCN-1
November 7th, 2008, 10:44
From what I understand you must follow the start procedure exactly in order to get it to fire up.

It replicates the real deal very closely.

VCN-1

gajit
November 7th, 2008, 10:56
Hi - Anyone got any good screenshots of the VC day and night?

Big_Stick
November 7th, 2008, 11:09
Well finally got a password that works,but can't get it to run at all the prop is turning but it dies,and the start procedure don't work.I don't have a clue.

I have done this myself...check the fuel level and top it off. Sometimes you'll have a situation where the flight loads without fuel.

I don't have the bird but I am guessing the payload manager may set the fuel to zero automagically.

Roger
November 7th, 2008, 11:31
I'm happy that that simware houses are creating these "real as it gets" models for those that like a high degree of involvement. BUT why can't they offer versions that just fly?
I have a B377 in the hangar that never get's airbourne any more because you have to stay in the cockpit...I spend 90% of my flying time in spot view; I have no aspirations to be a real pilot I just love the relaxation of cruising (usually low and slow) in the virtual world, as a great way to de-stress.
I'll pass on this as I hate to muck about trying to get the engine started and it's on page 100 of the manual.

VCN-1
November 7th, 2008, 11:43
Only takes approximately 6 clicks to have it running once it is fueled.

Very fast.

VCN-1

gajit
November 7th, 2008, 11:43
I'm happy that that simware houses are creating these "real as it gets" models for those that like a high degree of involvement. BUT why can't they offer versions that just fly?
I have a B377 in the hangar that never get's airbourne any more because you have to stay in the cockpit...I spend 90% of my flying time in spot view; I have no aspirations to be a real pilot I just love the relaxation of cruising (usually low and slow) in the virtual world, as a great way to de-stress.
I'll pass on this as I hate to muck about trying to get the engine started and it's on page 100 of the manual.

Your right - they should give us the option. I am a real PPL A and H but there are times when I just want to get flying without getting technical.

I cheat by slewing the aircraft to a 1000 ft and usually all springs to life!

fsafranek
November 7th, 2008, 11:44
She should load with full tanks. Ctrl-E works for me every time to get her started. It's a turboprop so there is the jet windup before the prop starts to move. Try Ctrl-E a few times if necessary.
:ernae:

skyhawka4m
November 7th, 2008, 11:45
Is this for FS2004 as it is advertised on the shop page for it?

fsafranek
November 7th, 2008, 11:46
Does the GPS and moving map do anything or are they just a static bitmap?
Parts of the default GPS are embedded within the KLN-900 unit in the panel. There are no static bitmaps in this bird.

fsafranek
November 7th, 2008, 11:50
Is this for FS2004 as it is advertised on the shop page for it?
No,this is strictly FSX now. It was originally intended for both but just got too complicated from using FSX specific tricks that the FS9 version was dropped. Looks like they missed that one very important reference while changing things.

skyhawka4m
November 7th, 2008, 12:04
oh well....thanks but......more money saved on this end.....seems to be a bad week for add-ons.

fsafranek
November 7th, 2008, 12:07
Hi - Anyone got any good screenshots of the VC day and night?
Here's a couple. Engine off during day and all systems on at night.

fsafranek
November 7th, 2008, 12:10
oh well....thanks but......more money saved on this end.....seems to be a bad week for add-ons.
Sorry about that. This one does have a good paint kit and Alphasim has always encouraged repaints.

Thoe6969
November 7th, 2008, 12:34
She should load with full tanks. Ctrl-E works for me every time to get her started. It's a turboprop so there is the jet windup before the prop starts to move. Try Ctrl-E a few times if necessary.
:ernae: Ctrl-E don't work for me,black smoke rollsout of it and sounds like it's spooling up but prop never moves.Really getting on my nerves.

VCN-1
November 7th, 2008, 12:44
Sounds like either no fuel or the fuel flow has not been turned on.

VCN-1

gajit
November 7th, 2008, 13:04
Here's a couple. Engine off during day and all systems on at night.

TX Frank - looks good :applause:

Thoe6969
November 7th, 2008, 13:14
Sounds like either no fuel or the fuel flow has not been turned on.

VCN-1Thats what is was,got to turn it on after it starts to spool up.Fuel is off by default,it's a little red lever just behind the throttle controls.

gajit
November 7th, 2008, 13:43
Anyone else struggling with Frame rates? - i just hopped out of Aerosoft's F-16 that was smooth to this one and got a slide show even with the lite version.

Edit - OK now -seems to have settled down after restarting FSX

jmig
November 7th, 2008, 13:48
Can you fly from the back seat?

gajit
November 7th, 2008, 14:09
Can you fly from the back seat?

Hi - yes - its as good as the Carenado FS9 Mentor for both cockpits.

I never thought I would compare an Alphasim product as highly as Carenado - Well done Dan and team at Alphasim :applause: :applause: :applause:

DrZGard
November 7th, 2008, 15:22
Parts of the default GPS are embedded within the KLN-900 unit in the panel. There are no static bitmaps in this bird.
Would ya mind posting a shot? The Navy part time task trainer that was made for FS2002 had this guage modeled but it did not import into FS9 well and I certainly doubt it would work in FSX.

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2008, 15:55
Man....
*Looks* like AlphaSim can't buy a break...

First they get chastized by customers for not having realistic startup procedures...

And now.....:kilroy:

MCDesigns
November 7th, 2008, 16:01
Man....

First they get chastized by customers for not having realistic startup procedures...

LOL :isadizzy:

That's why I stick to scenery :d

gajit
November 7th, 2008, 16:07
Man....

The problem is Panther that if you crash - when everything resets you no longer have a running engine and it becomes a vicious circle :banghead:

yeah - I know you should not crash but :redf:

hews500d
November 7th, 2008, 16:24
Man....

With the bashing a couple of developers have been taking the last few days, I'm surprised more of them haven't said "screw it" and hung up their hats :isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

Darrell

VCN-1
November 7th, 2008, 16:32
Man....

Isn't that the truth,

VCN-1

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2008, 16:46
Just one question for the folks who have it - How are the FPS?

Shane Olguin
November 7th, 2008, 17:02
They're great on my system! Of course, my system is a spawn of Satan or something else devilish. :wavey:

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2008, 17:12
They're great on my system! Of course, my system is a spawn of Satan or something else devilish. :wavey:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:....

Whatcha' running? :kilroy:

Thoe6969
November 7th, 2008, 17:34
Just one question for the folks who have it - How are the FPS?I'm getting 20 to 25 FPS with my mediocre system. And for the record I wasn't bashing their startup system,just could,t get it to work like it was supposed to,but got it figured out.

Panther_99FS
November 7th, 2008, 17:40
And for the record I wasn't bashing their startup system,just could,t get it to work like it was supposed to,but got it figured out.

No problem :mixedsmi:

Perhaps I should've stated something like "Be careful for what you wish for, you just might get it" :icon_twi:

THibben
November 7th, 2008, 19:12
The oil temp & press gauge is rotated 90deg CW in the screen shots. Is this the way it is in the released program?

Just curious,

Tom

DennyA
November 7th, 2008, 20:44
Zoinks. Looks beautiful, but it's a bit rich for my blood.

CG_1976
November 7th, 2008, 21:29
I had to fiddle with the start up cold turkey and throw switches for 10minutes and wam it started. Now how idid this i dont know. I guess im going to have to write cliff notes. Would someone please post a link to this Ac's History please.

tigisfat
November 7th, 2008, 22:50
With the bashing a couple of developers have been taking the last few days, I'm surprised more of them haven't said "screw it" and hung up their hats :isadizzy::isadizzy::isadizzy:

Darrell

gee, maybe it's the money? :stop:I realize that not all MSFS devs are getting rich, but a few are.:kilroy:

fsafranek
November 7th, 2008, 23:06
gee, maybe it's the money? :stop:I realize that not all MSFS devs are getting rich, but a few are.:kilroy:
Who? None that I'm associated with.

fsafranek
November 7th, 2008, 23:15
The oil temp & press gauge is rotated 90deg CW in the screen shots. Is this the way it is in the released program?

Just curious,

Tom
Yep. Exactly what you would find if you looked in the cockpit of as real T-34C.

gajit
November 7th, 2008, 23:25
Just one question for the folks who have it - How are the FPS?

Its strange - first flight i get great FPS - better than many addons but if I try a second flight I get a slide show and have to jump back to a carenado aircraft to get the FPS back - but if I go back to the Mentor the FPS is crap. The only solution has been to re start FSX.

Regards

GJ

gajit
November 8th, 2008, 00:40
Gotta say that i love the way the air con clears the windows and that oxigen masks appear on the pilots once you switch the system on - and if you dont over 10000ft you start to lose it :jump:

Panther_99FS
November 8th, 2008, 00:45
Its strange - first flight i get great FPS - better than many addons but if I try a second flight I get a slide show and have to jump back to a carenado aircraft to get the FPS back - but if I go back to the Mentor the FPS is crap. The only solution has been to re start FSX.

Regards

GJ

:kilroy::kilroy::kilroy:

jeansy
November 8th, 2008, 03:17
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8342/ss34vt2.png

hews500d
November 8th, 2008, 04:54
Who? None that I'm associated with.

Me neither :ernae:

Darrell

MudMarine
November 8th, 2008, 06:36
Hurry up Carenado, I'm tempted!!:d

gajit
November 8th, 2008, 06:49
Hurry up Carenado, I'm tempted!!:d

This certainly won't disappoint.:jump:

MudMarine
November 8th, 2008, 07:14
This certainly won't disappoint.:jump:

Forsure! But I'm going to wait and see which one is the best.

gajit
November 8th, 2008, 07:17
Forsure! But I'm going to wait and see which one is the best.

This is "ment-or-be the 1 4 U!! :costumes:

pbearsailor
November 8th, 2008, 07:19
Really like this one so far. :applause: Flight model is really nice, Shane. :ernae:

Couple of questions.
Why is the fuel flow so high? When I've got normal cruise type torque readings, fuel flow is pegged at 500 pph. Ought to be more like 250 to 300, shouldn't it?

What am I missing on the start sequence? If I follow the checklist, I'd pull the prop/condition lever all the way aft, turn on ignition and start, stabilize at 12% N1, and then move the prop to feather to introduce fuel. I can't seem to figure out how to get the prop/condition lever pulled into either the feather or cutoff position. It won't pull with the mouse and I haven't found any key stroke that does it. What am I doing wrong?

cheers,
steve :wavey:

gajit
November 8th, 2008, 07:40
Hi Steve

Your right - I can move the prop lever but it returns to full forward position until start up has been accomplished.

Are you making sure that the red lever (tagged fuel condition control) behind/below the trottle etc is in the lower position for start?

Then select all the ingition switches and she should start up.

pbearsailor
November 8th, 2008, 08:00
Hi Steve

Your right - I can move the prop lever but it returns to full forward position until start up has been accomplished.

Are you making sure that the red lever (tagged fuel condition control) behind/below the trottle etc is in the lower position for start?

Then select all the ingition switches and she should start up.

Yeah, that's how I'm getting it started now, too. It just isn't correct. :banghead: That one, the red lever, should be on and we should be able to use the prop/condition lever to introduce the fuel. The other advantage with that is that it would start with the prop feathered, so it wouldn't have that FSX turboprop surge on start. Hope there's a way to do it correctly. :redf:

cheers,

gajit
November 8th, 2008, 08:09
Yeah, that's how I'm getting it started now, too. It just isn't correct. :banghead: That one, the red lever, should be on and we should be able to use the prop/condition lever to introduce the fuel. The other advantage with that is that it would start with the prop feathered, so it wouldn't have that FSX turboprop surge on start. Hope there's a way to do it correctly. :redf:

cheers,

Sorry Steve - i miss understood. I have started without the surge in the past but I have no Idea how I did it :isadizzy:

VCN-1
November 8th, 2008, 08:14
Fuel flow for 1015 of torque is about 335 PPH.

You can modify the fuel scalar line to the following in the aircraft.cfg.
It will register on the gauge at the approximately correct value.

As always backup you original before making changes.

fuel_flow_scalar = 0.88

VCN-1

gajit
November 8th, 2008, 08:18
Hi

I think that before you switch anything else on in a cold cockpit you can free the prop control by using the red fuel control first, then move the prop control to the desired position, then swtich on master, electrics and then ignition and starts - it worked for me!! :jump:

doublecool
November 8th, 2008, 08:31
Two years ago Alpha had said they would do the 34C long wait but this is a beauty for sure...:applause: a few issues I'm sure they;'ll fix up but shes a keeper

Well done ALPHASIM and Thank You:wavey:

pbearsailor
November 8th, 2008, 09:06
Hi

I think that before you switch anything else on in a cold cockpit you can free the prop control by using the red fuel control first, then move the prop control to the desired position, then swtich on master, electrics and then ignition and starts - it worked for me!! :jump:

Darn, not working for me. Can't get the prop/condition lever to move further aft into feather or fuel cutoff, even with the feather command mapped to a key. I dunno. :isadizzy: Maybe a way to do it with FSUIPC, but I'm not smart enough to see how.

cheers,

gajit
November 8th, 2008, 09:37
Darn, not working for me. Can't get the prop/condition lever to move further aft into feather or fuel cutoff, even with the feather command mapped to a key. I dunno. :isadizzy: Maybe a way to do it with FSUIPC, but I'm not smart enough to see how.

cheers,

Nor me Steve

Meanwhile here is an unedited shot - i just love that angle :jump:

doublecool
November 8th, 2008, 11:51

Regards

GJ

ME too First flight Great FPS (20+) change planes and come back to this one in the single digits

Thats odd:kilroy::isadizzy:

THibben
November 8th, 2008, 15:30
Per 5.10.3 of the manual, the switch underneath the master battery switch is a 3 position switch. Up is no.1 generator the middle is inverters off and down is Gen # 2

For me the switch is a two position switch only and when it is used both it and the Generator switch to the right activate. Clicking the gen switch also moves both switches.

Anyone else having them operate this way or is this correct?

Tom

gajit
November 8th, 2008, 15:39

cheers,

Hi Steve :wavey:

I have found that if you don't switch on the auto inigition then the prop control does not move and can be controlled - does that work for you?

pbearsailor
November 8th, 2008, 17:01
Hi Steve :wavey:

I have found that if you don't switch on the auto inigition then the prop control does not move and can be controlled - does that work for you?

Hehehe, I wish you hadn't tried that, because I'm finding other issues with it now. :redf:

Hopefully Frank will be around and look at this. Right now for me if I have the battery on and hit Auto Ignition on, the engine spools up and starts, even though the starter is off and the fuel control handle is off. Can't shut the engine down in this situation unless I pull the emergency yellow fuel cutoff handle to the left of the seat. So, Auto ignition on, fuel off, starter off and it starts up. Still haven't found a way to pull the prop lever into feather or to fuel cutoff.

And like Tom posted, there's something going on with the inverter switch as it seems tied to the generator switch and it should be selectable to inverter one or inverter two. I'm wondering here, as the supplied manual seems to call the inverters "generators" in the supplied manual and that's just not what they are for. :confused:

I also don't intend to be coming off negative on this plane, either. It's flat out beautiful, flies really well, and is really immersive for me. It's just that it's so close to being one of the really really good ones that I hope this stuff can get fixed to let it operate more realistically, particularly in the start sequence. :ernae::ernae:

cheers,

doublecool
November 8th, 2008, 17:52
Tires GO BOOM :costumes:

VCN-1
November 8th, 2008, 17:59

Looks like the brakes were rode pretty hard.:d

VCN-1

DrZGard
November 8th, 2008, 17:59

Now how'dya do that?

Panther_99FS
November 8th, 2008, 18:07

You know what,...
This could be a 100% AlphaSim innovation....I've never heard/seen of this on other FS aircraft......:ernae:

(And I've yet to do it too...:d)

Panther_99FS
November 8th, 2008, 18:08
Now how'dya do that?

Probably still on the runway going too fast and didn't rotate for take-off...

doublecool
November 8th, 2008, 18:11
Started engine... it would not drop in power no matter what I did, had the parking bark set... park braked down the run way till the tire went boom:costumes:

So I took off:isadizzy:

ya know when I heard the boom sound I figured the engine...not the tires

Smudge
November 8th, 2008, 23:48
Well I've bought it and waiting for it to download..

Looking forward to trying her out...quite a few new innovations by the looks of it.. :)

gajit
November 9th, 2008, 00:09
I also don't intend to be coming off negative on this plane, either. It's flat out beautiful, flies really well, and is really immersive for me. It's just that it's so close to being one of the really really good ones that I hope this stuff can get fixed to let it operate more realistically, particularly in the start sequence. :ernae::ernae:

cheers,

Yes - its such a great product. Im sure we are not coming accross negative - its because we love it we care :redf::jump:

Here is an edited shot

tigisfat
November 9th, 2008, 00:57
tires go boom :costumes:

holy $&^@!!

stiz
November 9th, 2008, 02:51
ya know .. isnt this kinda nice .. no rants about price or anything like that :kilroy: :wavey:

MudMarine
November 9th, 2008, 05:50
ya know .. isnt this kinda nice .. no rants about price or anything like that :kilroy: :wavey:

Oh Ya!! It's too damn expensive...........that's why I bought it!hehe:costumes:

glennc
November 9th, 2008, 07:00
I got Boomed Tires when I did a pretty good landing then tried reverse thrust using the F keys. I don't even know if the 34C has it, haven't read the whole book yet, but as soon as I hit F2, BOOOOOMMMMM. :costumes: :banghead:. Then the only way to stop it was kill the engine.

Glenn

gajit
November 9th, 2008, 07:47
I got Boomed Tires when I did a pretty good landing then tried reverse thrust using the F keys. I don't even know if the 34C has it, haven't read the whole book yet, but as soon as I hit F2, BOOOOOMMMMM. :costumes: :banghead:. Then the only way to stop it was kill the engine.

Glenn

Just be glad your alive :icon_lol:

gajit
November 9th, 2008, 08:11
I see Verson 1.1 is available if you re download from your alphasim account :jump:

Thoe6969
November 9th, 2008, 08:42
Where did ya see that at? Didn't see anything on their website.

gajit
November 9th, 2008, 09:29
On the unoffical one! Ive loaded it but cant see whats different!

Thoe6969
November 9th, 2008, 09:41
On the unoffical one! Ive loaded it but cant see whats different! OK,think I'll wait a bit.

gajit
November 9th, 2008, 11:53
OK,think I'll wait a bit.

So wise so one so young!

wildcat400
November 9th, 2008, 12:03
EDIT:

I am just waiting on approval from their admin over there to verify my e-mail is authentic, once I get the green light, then I will purchase this aircraft.

Shane Olguin
November 9th, 2008, 12:36
Fuel flow for 1015 of torque is about 335 PPH.

You can modify the fuel scalar line to the following in the aircraft.cfg.
It will register on the gauge at the approximately correct value.

As always backup you original before making changes.

fuel_flow_scalar = 0.88

VCN-1

I am not speaking on behalf of official AlphaSim customer service but I wholeheartedly endorse this slight adjustment to bring the fuel flow back into the range where it should be. I very well could have misinterpreted some fuel flow data when I was going through the flight manual, and based on information from a T-34C student pilot (I believe we're speaking with him now! :wavey:) 335pph would be more correct.

pbearsailor
November 9th, 2008, 13:13
I am not speaking on behalf of official AlphaSim customer service but I wholeheartedly endorse this slight adjustment to bring the fuel flow back into the range where it should be. I very well could have misinterpreted some fuel flow data when I was going through the flight manual, and based on information from a T-34C student pilot (I believe we're speaking with him now! :wavey:) 335pph would be more correct.

Thanks, Shane! :ernae:

Wingnut172N
November 9th, 2008, 16:54
I've got some visual model faults with the T-34C. Mainly, the two I'm seeing are;

1.) The instructor's canopy doesn't open when the handle is clicked. The student's canopy opens when either handle is clicked. Shift + E + 2 Doesn't work either.

2.) The nose gear doors aren't right. The front door doesn't go forward enough, so the oleo scissors poke through it, and during retraction the doors close before the wheel up, so the wheel moves through the doors.

3.) When the PT6 is shut down the props should be in a 'feathered' position. Since this is the only time the blades are visible, could the blades be modeled in the feathered position so as to be accurate when the engine is shut down?

That's all I've got. Also, is the fuel lever (red behind the throttle) supposed to be ON in the DOWN position, and OFF in the UP position?

Evan

VCN-1
November 9th, 2008, 17:18
Shift + E + 2 works for me.

On in the down position

VCN-1

GatorFlyer
November 9th, 2008, 17:31
Hello All. Im a newbie here, but joined to continue the T-34C discussion. I agree the sim model is AWESOME! Even better than the ones we are provided by the Navy in the MicroSim simulators (not the actual T-34C sims we use for instrument training though, they are quite a bit more pricey!!). I actually have about 110 hours in the real thing here at NAS Whiting Field and would like to get in touch with someone who can do something about these fixes as I dont have the FSX know-how to accomplish.

First off, as discussed previously, the start sequence is not realistic. The individuals are correct in stating fuel control to the engine for start is governed by the prop condition lever (middle of the tree levers on the left side of the cockpit). The "red pull handle" is actually used in the real plane as a pilot-safe release to secure the fuel via the condition lever. You have to pull it and retard the condition lever to "Fuel Off" to shutdown the engine. Prevents an inadvertent shut-down mid flight or on the ground when messing with the condition lever for ground runup and EP simulations.

In reality, all you need to do to start the engine is to turn the battery on, activate the starter, and introduce fuel by moving the prop condition (the middle) lever to "Fuel On", then secure the starter. As for how the sim is set up now, the most realistic start would follow:

1. Ensure all switches off ("fuel lever"{in up position}, starter, ignition, inverters, generator, avionics) and condition lever (middle lever) all the way aft (called the "Feathered" position in the real plane).
2. Battery on, Strobes on
3. Starter and Ignition (not auto ignition) switches on.
4. Fuel "lever" up (in actual plane it would be condition lever as stated above)
5. Starter and ignition switches off after lightoff and ITT peak.
6. Advance condition lever all the way forward (called the "Full Increase" position in the real plane).
7. And your good to takeoff after energizing generator, inverters, avionics.

Second, the ignition switch in the real plane is spring loaded to the "ON" position always, its not a 2-position as depicted in the sim. You actually have to hold it down during certain EPs.

Third, the CDI is waaay to touchy to use with a mouse and too sensative to adjust in the VC view when shooting an approach. Any way to make the course select knob turn like the FSX King Air?

Fourth, the strobes on the real plane all flash at the same time, not wings, then tail as depicted in the sim.

Fifth, anyway to open the rear cockpit? Maybe a Shift + E + 2 function?

Sixth, the flap lever in the actual plane either selects no flaps, or the "full flap" setting depicted in the sim. There are no intermediate flap settings, either up or down.

The sim's torque settings vs airspeeds are also off. In level flight (near sea level, clean config) a 1015 ft-lbs of TQ setting will approximate 190-200 kias depending on the individual plane/engine. Other "gouge settings" used in the real plane are: 750-800 ft-lbs for 170 kias "Fast Cruise", 600-650 ft-lbs for 150 kias "Normal Cruise", and 450-500 ft-lbs for 120 kias (slow cruise). Normal climbs are at 1015 ft-lbs (with engine exhaust bottoms on horizon) at 120 kias. Enroute decents are 300 ft-lbs for 150 kias. Downwind Configurations in the pattern with gear down, flaps up is 500-550 ft-lbs for 100 kias and Landing Approach Configuration on final with gear and flaps down are 600 ft-lbs for 90 kias.

I know its detailed, but if there is anyway to adjust these settings in the sim, it would make for much more realistic training and simming!

As for the prop look during engine-off, it actually "feathers" automatically via spring (to help in case of engine failure in the air). The leading edge of the prop on the ground is actually facing forward, not left and right as depicted in the sim. See picture for detail. Dont know if we can fix that without AS's help.

I know these are small details, and it speaks volumes for AlphaSim's homework to depict the T-34C so realistically on the initial release. I love this plane, its a MUST-HAVE addition for any FSX enthusiast. Ill continue to fly it as is, as its a great tool for any student pilot flying the T-34C's here at Whiting Field.

If anyone has any questions, or can help in a config change for the T-34C let me know, Id be glad to provide technical knowledge on the "real-deal".

wildcat400
November 9th, 2008, 17:35
I have to wait 48 hours for Alphasim's admins to approve my registration so I can buy this? What the!??!!?!?

GatorFlyer
November 9th, 2008, 17:36
If anyone is interested in the actual publications the Navy issues us to learn to fly the T-34C check out:

https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/ppub_t34_pri.htm

These are a version older than the ones we have, but all info on how to fly the plane is still correct, not much changes after 5 decades of training!!

Specifically the "Contact Flight Training Instruction T-34C" for just an intro to what we do with the plane, power settings, landing and departure patterns, ect.

For the more advanced instrument simmers, check out the "FTI Instruments" pub. All of our standard procedures from a holding pattern to shooting approaches is discussed.

A good overview of the systems can be found in the T-34 Aircraft Systems pub. Anything and everything short of the actual NATOPS manual (the Navy equivalent of an owner's flight manual) is in this one, and sometimes more than in the actual NATOPS.

Wingnut172N
November 9th, 2008, 17:42
GatorFlyer,

Hopefully I'll be in your shoes in a few years once I get done at the boat school. Are you an SNA right now?

Evan

MCDesigns
November 9th, 2008, 17:48
Hi Gatorflyer, welcme to Sim-Outhouse and the discussion.

With your experience, try emailing AlphaSim at their site http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index2.html and see if they would be willing to work with your suggestions to make it a better model.

THibben
November 9th, 2008, 18:28
How does the plane manage fuel useage from the two wing tanks? So far I can not find a tank selector switch and it seem to be drawing fuel from the LH tank only.

One other item that I am not sure of is the operation of the Turn & Slip indicator. If the needle is moving to the right and you use the right rudder pedal it only increases the slip. This appears opposite to a standard bubble indicator.

Tom

GatorFlyer
November 9th, 2008, 18:39
GatorFlyer,

Hopefully I'll be in your shoes in a few years once I get done at the boat school. Are you an SNA right now?

Evan

Wingnut- I am currently an SNA. I wrapped up in the T-34C back this summer and am currently flying the TH-57 SeaRanger helicopter. Any questions about things here at flight school, give me a shout via message. Its a hell-of-a-ride, impossible at times, but well worth anything they can throw at you here. Where else can you take a turboprop out solo after 20 hours and put it through its aerobatic paces pulling 4.5 Gs (or sometimes unfortunatly more) for an hour and a half!!!

GatorFlyer
November 9th, 2008, 18:44
How does the plane manage fuel useage from the two wing tanks? So far I can not find a tank selector switch and it seem to be drawing fuel from the LH tank only.

One other item that I am not sure of is the operation of the Turn & Slip indicator. If the needle is moving to the right and you use the right rudder pedal it only increases the slip. This appears opposite to a standard bubble indicator.

Tom

The plane manages fuel from both "wings tanks" (actually 4 total "rubber bladders", 2 in each wing connected via one-way check valves) to a common low point in the fuel system located between the wings under the floorboard approximately beneath the aft instrument panel. Its a 1.5 gallon sump tank that draws from both tanks at the same time via a one-way valve to prevent fuel being drawn out of the sump during high "G" maneuvers or aerobatic flight. From there it runs forward to the backup fuel pump, filter, engine driven pump, and FCU to the engine.

Unbalanced flight (flying with the "ball out") is the most common flight realm that will cause noticeable fuel splits besides normal ground ops (you usually takeoff with a small split due to the way the plane sits/fuel bladder arrangements in each individual plane). The only way to even out a fuel split in the actual plane is to coordinate out of balance flight opposite the fuel split to correct.

There is an emergency procedure in the actual plane if the split is too much, but have never heard of anyone unable to correct it.

As for the sim model only drawing from one "tank", havent looked enough to notice it. But the model is accurate with no "fuel tank selector" switch.

Hope this helps.

GatorFlyer
November 9th, 2008, 18:55
Hi Gatorflyer, welcme to Sim-Outhouse and the discussion.

With your experience, try emailing AlphaSim at their site http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index2.html and see if they would be willing to work with your suggestions to make it a better model.

MC-

Just forwarded my concerns to AlphaSim. We'll see if they respond, would love to see them make this T-34C as real as it gets.

GatorFlyer
November 9th, 2008, 19:05

Just curious,

Tom

This is the way its released in the program. Its actually like this in the real plane as well. This isnt a great shot of the cockpit, but better than nothing.

Here are a few others of a few T-34Cs on short final here at NAS Whiting at sunset.

pbearsailor
November 9th, 2008, 20:23
Welcome to SOH, GatorFlyer, and thanks for adding your input. I'd sure like to see Alphasim make it right too, and I think they will.

Question on the CDI. Does it actually rotate like a heading indicator in the real plane or is it a normal fixed CDI?

cheers,

CG_1976
November 9th, 2008, 22:54
The views from this are just unlike most Alphasim AC's. Im really impressed and a little more with the update.

GatorFlyer
November 10th, 2008, 04:37
All- Just received a reply back from Phil at AlphaSim regarding our proposed updates/fixes.

Anyone out there have the resources to try and fix a few of these things?

Although I can completely understand where he stands from a business perspective, I would hate to see these things left undone as a pilot! Heres what he had to say:

Hi,

thanks for your feedback, although you must realise we always get ethusiasts of a particular type requiring ever more accuracy to 'make the model complete' in their eyes. We simply have to let go at some point and I am satisfied that the model is already a good representation of the T-34C within the sim constraints. We could conceivably spend weeks tweaking more and more, but this is pointless from a business point of view as it does not result in higher revenue, in fact it drains resources needed elsewhere. I do not see any major clangers or non-functionality, none of the things mentioned in that post are what I would call 'bugs', so it's unlikely there will be any more changes to the retail version unless serious problems are found.

Where we would go to the max with detailing is if the USN were to buy a bulk licence for a special version for training purposes, we could in that scenario do everything that is required or feasible to satisfy the users. If you think you can get our model to the relevant authorities for assessment, then there is a chance we can meet all the requirements of real-world pilots with regard to this model package. Otherwise, the retail version is effectively closed off now, we have to move on to new projects if we are to survive as a company.

Note - the strobes are generated by FSX .fx files and are not a function of our model. There is no way I know of to synchronise them.

GatorFlyer
November 10th, 2008, 05:02
Welcome to SOH, GatorFlyer, and thanks for adding your input. I'd sure like to see Alphasim make it right too, and I think they will.

Question on the CDI. Does it actually rotate like a heading indicator in the real plane or is it a normal fixed CDI?

cheers,

Its actually a normal fixed CDI in the real plane. Rotating the course knob only rotates the actual heading card on the outside to dial up your desired course. The actual CDI deflection remains oriented up and down. The to/from flag is also different, but works.

I will jump on the sim later tonight and fly a few instrument approaches to see if anything else pops up.

In the meantime, you can check out what the Navy gives us students to work with. Its run off MFS 2002. Keep in mind these are not the actual sims (they are actually a T-34 cockpit with working switches sitting on hydraulics hooked to massive amounts of computing power to simulate any environment/scenario) we use to accomplish training, just extra training a student can take in on their own time: http://www.baseops.net/flightsimulators/

As for a more realistic model of what the T-34C's instruments look like when we shoot approaches, download the RIOT (Radio Instrument Orientation Trainer) software. Its a crude program that allows students to get familiar with what the instruments look like on various "practice" approaches we shoot here before actually jumping into the RI portion of the syllabus: https://www.netc.navy.mil/microsimptt/downloads.cfm

The above website also has more info on the MFS 2002-based trainers discussed above.

And lastly, if anyone is interested, heres a blog from one of the current T-34C students at Whiting chronicling the "trial by fire" in which military pilots are made!! http://keithsat.blogspot.com/

jmig
November 10th, 2008, 05:18
All- Just received a reply back from Phil at AlphaSim regarding our proposed updates/fixes. Anyone out there have the resources to try and fix a few of these things?

Although I can see where he stands from a business perspective, I would hate to see these things left undone. Heres what he had to say:

Hi,

thanks for your feedback, although you must realise we always get ethusiasts of a particular type requiring ever more accuracy to 'make the model complete' in their eyes. We simply have to let go at some point and I am satisfied that the model is already a good representation of the T-34C within the sim constraints. We could conceivably spend weeks tweaking more and more, but this is pointless from a business point of view as it does not result in higher revenue, in fact it drains resources needed elsewhere. I do not see any major clangers or non-functionality, none of the things mentioned in that post are what I would call 'bugs', so it's unlikely there will be any more changes to the retail version unless serious problems are found.

Where we would go to the max with detailing is if the USN were to buy a bulk licence for a special version for training purposes, we could in that scenario do everything that is required or feasible to satisfy the users. If you think you can get our model to the relevant authorities for assessment, then there is a chance we can meet all the requirements of real-world pilots with regard to this model package. Otherwise, the retail version is effectively closed off now, we have to move on to new projects if we are to survive as a company.

Note - the strobes are generated by FSX .fx files and are not a function of our model. There is no way I know of to synchronise them.

In addition to my last mail on this -
- rear cockpit does open
- ignition switch is exactly as they describe.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJ%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlc lip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJ%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlc lip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"><link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CJ%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlc lip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Wingdings; panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; mso-font-charset:2; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1107304683 0 0 159 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--> Gator, I want to welcome you to SOH, also. We hope you stick around and share your adventures and experience with us.

I flew in the USAF back in the days when fighters had real gauges, not TV screens. :costumes: Later I flew as a GA pilot. I even have a little over 5 hours in a T-34A, from a USAF flying club plane many years ago. :)

I have had my arguments with Alphasim and especially Phil over the realism and quality of specific models to the point where I quit buying AS products. So, I have not purchased the T-34C. However, from what I read here it seems to be a top notch product.

I mentioned the above because, while I too would like to see AS make changes in realism and have been critical of them in the past, I have to agree with Phil from a business POV. The artist in a developer may want to build perfection. The businessman settles for good enough. There comes a time when you have to move the product out of the door, warts and all.

Ninety-five percent of the purchasers of the T-34C would not have noticed the items you pointed out. Seventy-five percent of the buyers only want to hit CRTL-E to start and go. Some want the plane to load at the end of the runway, engine running and warmed up, GPS flight plan set and radios tuned.
Those are the target buyers. Those people are the people who will buy every new model, fly it for a while and then buy the next one. The sad reality of life is they are the people Alphasim and others have to please in order to stay in business. To spend more time and resources would require a much more expensive product or cater to the military purchaser.
The good news is that they are companies who tend to let the artist have more control over the final product. These companies I try to support in hopes they will force companies like Alphasim to raise their standards. From what I read about the T-34C, it looks like this strategy is working [insert evil laugh]

Quixoticish
November 10th, 2008, 05:25
Version 1.02 is out in the shop for you to download. I wish they'd announce the patches somewhere, this was one of my main complaints when they decided to get rid of forums since AS don't seem to be too enamoured with announcing patches anyway.

Thoe6969
November 10th, 2008, 05:38
Version 1.02 is out in the shop for you to download. I wish they'd announce the patches somewhere, this was one of my main complaints when they decided to get rid of forums since AS don't seem to be too enamoured with announcing patches anyway.Where did you come by that info and what does it fix? do you have to redownload the product?

Quixoticish
November 10th, 2008, 06:04
Where did you come by that info and what does it fix? do you have to redownload the product?

I downloaded 1.01 yesterday when I purchased the product. Someone further up the thread mentioned that 1.1 was available, so I thought I'd check my account for the updated version. However I assume the person was mistaken and they meant 1.01, however I did note that the version on my account was now 1.02.

You do indeed have to re-download your product, there isn't a seperate patch. And there are no patch notes anywhere that I can see so I've no idea what it changes or fixes I'm afraid.

pbearsailor
November 10th, 2008, 06:12
I'm sorry, but Phil's response to GatorFlyer is such crap. :banghead:

From the plane's announcement: "AlphaSim's T-34C has been built as always to showcase both RealGauge technology and FSX visual effects, but in this case also to demonstrate the extent to which the cockpit systems of a light aircraft can be replicated in the sim. In fact, the model has been put together as a proposed training aid for the US Navy - Ensigns current on the type assisted with the development of the project, maximum realism is assured. All the usual and expected systems are replicated (in accordance with the T-34 Operator's Manual), however several highly innovative features (which inhibit normal operation and can even cause visible damage if procedures are not followed) are also included."

So, it's supposed to showcase cockpit systems, but the start sequence is not even remotely close to the way a PT6A starts. It doesn't even follow the checklist in the included manual. Cmon, gimme a break. :banghead:

I've been positive in my posts to this point, but honestly, if you're going to market something as realistic, it should be and others are, even others with this engine. If you want to market a beautiful model that operates like a toy and starts only with Control E, then say so.

Sorry for the rant, but if they aren't willing to improve it, I am absolutely done with Alphasim.

cheers,

Thoe6969
November 10th, 2008, 06:32
I downloaded 1.01 yesterday when I purchased the product. Someone further up the thread mentioned that 1.1 was available, so I thought I'd check my account for the updated version. However I assume the person was mistaken and they meant 1.01, however I did note that the version on my account was now 1.02.

You do indeed have to re-download your product, there isn't a seperate patch. And there are no patch notes anywhere that I can see so I've no idea what it changes or fixes I'm afraid. Thanks Chris, will go redownload now,I didn'd bother to check my downloads. DUH:redf:

Big_Stick
November 10th, 2008, 06:53
I'm sorry, but Phil's response to GatorFlyer is such crap. :banghead:

From the plane's announcement: "AlphaSim's T-34C has been built as always to showcase both RealGauge technology and FSX visual effects, but in this case also to demonstrate the extent to which the cockpit systems of a light aircraft can be replicated in the sim. In fact, the model has been put together as a proposed training aid for the US Navy - Ensigns current on the type assisted with the development of the project, maximum realism is assured. All the usual and expected systems are replicated (in accordance with the T-34 Operator's Manual), however several highly innovative features (which inhibit normal operation and can even cause visible damage if procedures are not followed) are also included."

So, it's supposed to showcase cockpit systems, but the start sequence is not even remotely close to the way a PT6A starts. It doesn't even follow the checklist in the included manual. Cmon, gimme a break. :banghead:

I've been positive in my posts to this point, but honestly, if you're going to market something as realistic, it should be and others are, even others with this engine. If you want to market a beautiful model that operates like a toy and starts only with Control E, then say so.

Sorry for the rant, but if they aren't willing to improve it, I am absolutely done with Alphasim.

cheers,

We need to be reminded from time to time just "who" are bringing these add-ons to us.

These are not large corporations with extensive quality control staff. AlphaSim, A2A, and other similar payware outfits are one or two guys who were sufficiently addled mentally to think they could be successful at making a living creating payware for MSFS. Through some mental defect, they continued to doggedly pursue this fantasy, and I have no idea what continues to spur them on other than an outright, unmitigated love of aviation and flight simming. It is certainly not for a love of the venom dripping from initial notices about their products.

One needs skin as thick as a rhino to remain in this business and without folks like those at AS and A2A we'd have no planes to complain about. Both outfits are trying to push the envelope of what's possible.

Keep it up, and maybe, with the lousy world-wide economy being what it is, these guys might come to their senses and get real jobs.

I have no doubt AS will correct the majority of small details in need of attention. Let us keep in mind the number of new innovations in this product, and the overall quality of the model and cockpit, which are first-class and ground-breaking in many respects. (I got my copy flying yesterday -- started the flight with the engine running so had no issues at all).

CodyValkyrie
November 10th, 2008, 07:12
One needs skin as thick as a rhino to remain in this business and without folks like those at AS and A2A we'd have no planes to complain about. Both outfits are trying to push the envelope of what's possible.
I agree with the points of A2A, which is why I continue to work with them. I disagree with the points about Alphasim. Alphasim is riding the coat tails of other development companies in an effort to provide continued sales. While there is nothing wrong with making money in this business, it is obvious this is their number one goal, foregoing realism and at times good customer support.

I hope nobody takes this the wrong way. I have not been a strong supporter of Alphasim for these reasons. I have some of their products, but they are not outstanding. The Turbo Mentor is the closest they have come to great quality, but I fear they dropped the ball on a few things. I am not the mainstream market however. I won't hold my morales and expectations of addons for everyone out there.

There are a few nice features of the product, I won't disagree with that. I try to judge products however by whether they are revolutionary or evolutionary. I have yet to buy an Alphasim product that was revolutionary sadly. I do believe that if Alphasim supports the T-34 with more ferocity and continues to produce products of this quality, I think they can pull away from some of their well earned but disgusting reputation.

wildcat400
November 10th, 2008, 07:16

Where under my alphasim account can I tell which version that I already have?

fsafranek
November 10th, 2008, 07:31
Where under my alphasim account can I tell which version that I already have?
I don't know that you can.

But you can look at the filename of what you downloaded. The version is always included.
The lastest is version 1.02 as in "AS_T34C_FSX_v102.zip".

Hope this helps.

wildcat400
November 10th, 2008, 07:34
But you can look at the filename of what you downloaded. The version is always included.

Hope this helps.

Rock on! It does help. I do have version 102.

gajit
November 10th, 2008, 08:22
I don't know that you can.

Hope this helps.

Hi Frank

I know its not your fault but will the Alphasim website bother to tell us if there are patches and fixes now that the forum has gone?

VCN-1
November 10th, 2008, 08:30
BACKUP! BACKUP! Before you make any changes

Recommendations from use of the AlphaSim T-34C.
This changes are made to the aircraft.cfg file

1) Change the fuel_flow_scalar to the following setting.
fuel_flow_scalar = 0.735

2) Change the maximum_torque to the following setting.
maximum_torque=1315.00

This way you get approximate flow of 335 PPM at 1015 torque.

The Navy does not use/have incremental flaps on the T-34C.
They are full up or full down.

3) You can change the flap settings to the following.
[Flaps.0]
type = 1
span-outboard = 0.50
extending-time = 10.00
system_type = 0
damaging-speed = 120.00
blowout-speed = 180.00
lift_scalar = 1.00
drag_scalar = 1.00
pitch_scalar = 1.00
flaps-position.0= 0.00, 0.00 // 0%
//flaps-position.1= 6.00, 0.00 // 20%
//flaps-position.2= 12.00, 0.00 // 40%
//flaps-position.3= 18.00, 0.00 // 60%
//flaps-position.4= 24.00, 0.00 // 80%
flaps-position.1= 30.00, 0.00 // 100%
//flaps-position.0= 0.00, 0.00 // 0%
//flaps-position.1= 6.00, 0.00 // 20%
//flaps-position.2= 12.00, 0.00 // 40%
//flaps-position.3= 18.00, 0.00 // 60%
//flaps-position.4= 24.00, 0.00 // 80%
//flaps-position.5= 30.00, 0.00 // 100%

VCN-1

Thoe6969
November 10th, 2008, 08:31
Ok got version 102 now but don't see anything differant from the original, anyone know what was fixed in this version?I signed up to be notified of updates for the T34 and haven't gotten one email from them telling about version 101 or version 102.

VCN-1
November 10th, 2008, 08:32
Nose gear animation is what I saw.

VCN-1

Thoe6969
November 10th, 2008, 08:37
Nose gear animation is what I saw.

VCN-1 OK that did need some work. Thanks

fsafranek
November 10th, 2008, 08:54
The Navy does not use/have incremental flaps on the T-34C. They are full up or full down.

I believe you can stop them in increments. At least that is how it was described in the manual. Sort of like an electric window control I would imagine. Our Navy pilot who worked on the project made the same statements as VCN-1. They never use them for takeoff and they either go with no flaps or full flaps for landing. The incremental steps were put in to match the gauge face.

fsafranek
November 10th, 2008, 09:01
Hi Frank

I know its not your fault but will the Alphasim website bother to tell us if there are patches and fixes now that the forum has gone?
If it isn't mentioned on the News page at Alphasim (http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index2.html) I would prehaps take a look at the "unofficial" Alphasim forum (http://www.virtualavia.com/alphasim/).
Here's what I just found over there for v1.02:

- AOA test switch reworked.
- Ignition switch locked to ON, hold to turn OFF.
- 'First Slave' placard changed to 'Fast Slave'.
- Stall warning removed (no longer lights the MASTER CAUTION lamp).
- Trims wheels fixed.
- Stall warning horn removed.
- Nose gear door issue resolved.
- Pilot texture modified. (Paint kit updated accordingly)
- TSI/TC background texture modified.

Hope this sheds some light.

GatorFlyer
November 10th, 2008, 09:10
I believe you can stop them in increments. At least that is how it was described in the manual. Sort of like an electric window control I would imagine. Our Navy pilot who worked on the project made the same statements as VCN-1. They never use them for takeoff and they either go with no flaps or full flaps for landing. The incremental steps were put in to match the gauge.
You are absolutely correct about the flaps. I didnt go into too much detail on my flap post, but it is actually a 3-position switch, with the up position meaning 0% flaps, the middle position being a "stop" movement position, and the down position being a 100% flaps setting. I don't know why Beech designed it with the middle setting, as we are taught NEVER to use it. The IPs will at times use it on the ground to see if students are actually checking flaps up in the runup and for takeoff and not just saying the script. It either full up, or full down. We go right through the middle setting.

And your also correct that we dont use flaps on takeoff, unless they are down during a touch-and-go. In that case we use the memory aid "power (back to 1015 and set 100 kias climbout attitude), flaps (up), trim (as reqd), turn (to downwind), talk (on freq to state intentions: "crosswind touch and go")".

Same aid is said at the abeam postion downwind (180 postion in navy-talk): "power (to 300, set 100 kias decent attitude), flaps (down or up depending on what pilot desires, we practice both every flight, and keep flaps up on windy days), trim (as reqd), turn (to the base leg, or 90 position in navy-talk) , talk (on freq to state intentions: "180, 3 down and locked")"

gajit
November 10th, 2008, 09:20
If it isn't mentioned on the News page at Alphasim (http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index2.html) I would prehaps take a look at the "unofficial" Alphasim forum (http://www.virtualavia.com/alphasim/).
Here's what I just found over there for v1.02:

- AOA test switch reworked.
- Ignition switch locked to ON, hold to turn OFF.
- 'First Slave' placard changed to 'Fast Slave'.
- Stall warning removed (no longer lights the MASTER CAUTION lamp).
- Trims wheels fixed.
- Stall warning horn removed.
- Nose gear door issue resolved.
- Pilot texture modified. (Paint kit updated accordingly)
- TSI/TC background texture modified.

Hope this sheds some light.

TX Frank for your support - loved the paints on this BTW.

:applause:

CodyValkyrie
November 10th, 2008, 09:32
Ok, my rant aside. I do like this simulator (even moreso than the Carenado offering). This is a step in the right direction for Alphasim. I hope they take its reception and critical viewpoints to heart however.

Now, if I can get confirmation that the sim doesn't get FPS in the single digits after loading it a second time, forcing a restart of FSX....

gajit
November 10th, 2008, 09:41
Ok, my rant aside. I do like this simulator (even moreso than the Carenado offering). This is a step in the right direction for Alphasim. I hope they take its reception and critical viewpoints to heart however.

Now, if I can get confirmation that the sim doesn't get FPS in the single digits after loading it a second time, forcing a restart of FSX....

Hi Cody - im still getting a slow down on second load even with V102. I still find it best to restart FSX to fly again with good FPS.

gajit
November 10th, 2008, 09:43
Hi Frank

If there is another fix - could the orange nav needle in the rear cockpit point the same way as the one in the front please.

TX

CodyValkyrie
November 10th, 2008, 09:46
The issue with the FPS makes it very hard to film.... or take screenshots. I hope it is resolved soon.

Thoe6969
November 10th, 2008, 10:43
The issue with the FPS makes it very hard to film.... or take screenshots. I hope it is resolved soon. My mediocre pc gets 20 and over flying from the rear cockpit, more from the front.Its a three year old Intel viv dual core 2.8 with an 8800GTOC with fairly high settings.

Big_Stick
November 10th, 2008, 10:47
I agree with the points of A2A, which is why I continue to work with them. I disagree with the points about Alphasim. Alphasim is riding the coat tails of other development companies in an effort to provide continued sales. While there is nothing wrong with making money in this business, it is obvious this is their number one goal, foregoing realism and at times good customer support.

AlphaSim was one of the pioneers in payware and has been around a long time. Shockwave, now known as A2A, emerged much later. Its first offering was Firepower for CFS3. Captain Sim was doing deep systems modeling long before Shockwave ever attempted it, as were several other high-end payware outfits. Take a look at the JustFlight Concorde package, for example, which came out years ago. And the AvHistory group was exploring all kinds of realism and module-based simulator effects which were available as freeware nearly a decade back.

There is a serious debate about just how marketable features such as Accusim (or even the advanced stuff on the AS T-34) really help in generating addtional sales at the price point of these kinds of payware planes. The Capt. Sim stuff is very expensive by comparison. A lot of folks want to just load the darn plane in, have it fly reasonably well and look great in spot view, and go "flying". AlphaSim had that market nailed for a long time. Maybe it's a beer budget kind of market segment but it's the majority of flight simmers.

I also want to add that I very strongly object to your using the term "disgusting" when referring to AlphaSim. This is the first time I have ever seen someone representing Shockwave/A2A deliberately insult another payware firm and it marks a low point in this dialogue. It is wrong, inaccurate, and inappropriate.

Big_Stick
November 10th, 2008, 10:53
My mediocre pc gets 20 and over flying from the rear cockpit, more from the front.Its a three year old Intel viv dual core 2.8 with an 8800GTOC with fairly high settings.

With the LITE version, I am getting 50-60 fps in the VC and about 80 fps in spot view. My system is a three-year-old P4.

CodyValkyrie
November 10th, 2008, 11:08
I represent Jaggyroad Films. Let me make it clear that I speak for myself, and nobody at A2A Simulations. I work for a lot of companies out there as a sub contractor.

Alphasim may have been around for a long time, but so has Abacus.

Don't get me wrong, I do like this product. I do however find much of what they make as rubbish, especially for the price, their product support, and the direction lead by a certain individual. This is what "I" believe.

I'm not going to defend Accusim or A2A. Their reputation speaks for themselves and is beyond the scope of this thread, even thought I delved further into it.

As for Captain Sim, I wouldn't call their products high end any more than Wilco. Their support is about as good as well.

I learned something a while ago in the FS industry, and life in general from a good friend of mine in the business.

"It takes 10% of your time to create a product 90% done, it takes 90% of your time to get the last 10% done."

If people want a plane they can hit CTRL+E and start flying in, then so be it. I do that myself often as well. What I don't like is the lack of support, official notice of updates, etc.

I'll leave the accuracy of this particular product for those that are better equipped in this particular conversation. I am however leery.

If Alphasim continues to develop, support and produce products like the T-34, then I may return as a customer on a regular basis.

Just think of me as a consumer with an opinion, who happens to make FS videos and a little bit of this and that.

thunder100
November 10th, 2008, 12:34
Ill like the plane

I use FSX SP2 and never could start it(apart Slew).
Then I reade the manual-->nope
Then I make a mail to alphasim-->answer after 18 hours-->clear instruction(my mistake is pushing start to early)-->now it works and V!.02 is here

I own many payware and i am in a Freeware team-->really no complains against Alphasim

There only downside is their marketing-->they dont tease with 100 messages and promise us the holy grail and then are usually bashed because of price

Too bad but I stay their customer as long as they produce planes I like

Roland aka thunder100

Starliner team

They only declined one request so far-->a better glas in and out of the Cessna 140 to make it (more) FSX SP2 compatible-->I would even pay again

doublecool
November 10th, 2008, 13:00
Hi Cody - im still getting a slow down on second load even with V102. I still find it best to restart FSX to fly again with good FPS.

Yes, this is happening to me as well??? alittle odd to say the least :kilroy:

But she is a Beauty, and the Beast

Well done Alphasim...and they are working to correct the things that are wrong or we'll say need fixing by the mechanics :costumes:

Its cool to have someone who has flown it too...Thanks and welcome :ernae:

gajit
November 10th, 2008, 13:52
My mediocre pc gets 20 and over flying from the rear cockpit, more from the front.Its a three year old Intel viv dual core 2.8 with an 8800GTOC with fairly high settings.

So does mine for the 1st flight - but not a second change of Mentor :banghead:

Thoe6969
November 10th, 2008, 14:08
So does mine for the 1st flight - but not a second change of Mentor :banghead: Changing to another 34 doesn't seem to affect mine.

calypsos
November 10th, 2008, 14:09
This FPS issue is a strange one, someone I know told me his copy started off with about 20 FPS but dropped to single figures about 2 minutes into the flight, whatever he did with re-loading. It seems to behave differently with different system combos! I shall stay clear of the AS 34C and wait for the Carenado piston version.

doublecool
November 10th, 2008, 14:10
Changing to another 34 doesn't seem to affect mine.

Dang IT:banghead::banghead::banghead: I hope they are still lookin into it :kilroy: still a bug here

JT8D-9A
November 10th, 2008, 14:19
Thanks Frank, Phil and the whole Alphasim team! :ernae:
Excellent aircraft! :applause:
Regarding the switching of variants.. it's a complex aircraft and i never switch between complex aircraft directly. I always load a default aircraft before i change a variant or before i switch to another aircraft.

Thoe6969
November 10th, 2008, 14:23
Dang IT:banghead::banghead::banghead: I hope they are still lookin into it :kilroy: still a bug here Yeh I hope so to for your sake and some others, funny how it effects some and not others.Has to be a bug there somewhere.

Nick C
November 10th, 2008, 14:25
Jumped onto the bandwagon and like what I see so far. I'd like to see perhaps a little more detail on the labels around the fuses, I'd rather not rely on the tool tips if possible.

Frank, this is a nice aircraft, thank you.

Looking forward to future updates, but I am hoping I don't have to look on a 3rd party forum to find them ;)

gajit
November 10th, 2008, 14:47
Thanks Frank, Phil and the whole Alphasim team! :ernae:
Excellent aircraft! :applause:
Regarding the switching of variants.. it's a complex aircraft and i never switch between complex aircraft directly. I always load a default aircraft before i change a variant or before i switch to another aircraft.

Yes - i have tried that but still get half the FPS that I had - it stutters

doublecool
November 10th, 2008, 16:04
Man the repaints for the puppy are lookin good :ernae:

fsafranek
November 10th, 2008, 20:22
Man the repaints for the puppy are lookin good :ernae:

Some textures I made while waiting for release can be found at my repaint page (http://www.mirage4fs.com/Alphasim/index.html#T-34C).

From left to right:
1) Army Aviation Technical Test Center, Ft. Rucker, Alabama
2) Naval Air Warfare Center, NAS Patuxent River, Maryland
3) VMFAT-101 'Sharpshooters', MCAS Miramar, California 2008
4) TRAWING 4 (USMC), NAS Corpus Christi, Texas
5) VF-124 "Gunfighters", NAS Miramar, California 1991

Some export versions coming up in the next batch. Ugh, readme files. :banghead:

By the way, the sharksmouth means it was landed with the gear up. Some have, some don't.

CG_1976
November 10th, 2008, 20:47
You wouldn't be intrested in doing a fictional scheme of the USCG please. I'd be one happy T-34 simmer. I'm getting jealous all the military branches except us Coasties.

gajit
November 10th, 2008, 22:34
Some textures I made while waiting for release can be found at my repaint page (http://www.mirage4fs.com/Alphasim/index.html#T-34C).

From left to right:
1) Army Aviation Technical Test Center, Ft. Rucker, Alabama
2) Naval Air Warfare Center, NAS Patuxent River, Maryland
3) VMFAT-101 'Sharpshooters', MCAS Miramar, California 2008
4) TRAWING 4 (USMC), NAS Corpus Christi, Texas
5) VF-124 "Gunfighters", NAS Miramar, California 1991

Some export versions coming up in the next batch. Ugh, readme files. :banghead:

By the way, the sharksmouth means it was landed with the gear up. Some have, some don't.

Thanks for those Frank :applause:

noddy
November 11th, 2008, 00:02
There's 1.02 out? Ony just got 1.01!

JT8D-9A
November 11th, 2008, 03:55
Yes - i have tried that but still get half the FPS that I had - it stutters
I haven't tried it because i don't switch variants in-flight.
I simply choose a variant before i start the flight, depending on where i want to fly..
So, i'm pretty happy.. it looks great, it has a very good performance, it's challenging and gives me the illusion to fly a real airplane.
If the C-17 will be at the same quality level or even better...:jump::jump::jump::medals::applause:

Has anybody already tried the shared cockpit feature? I guess it's pretty cool with the Mentor.

JT8D-9A
November 11th, 2008, 11:23
Frank, thanks for your repaints!
Sorry, i recognized a small iusse with the spec maps (wrong AC number) and i'm wondering about the size of them, but i'm not a painter, so..:d
And is it possible that not all schemes are including spec maps?

Overall a very nice aircraft. Sad to see that the fun seems to have gone by the astonishing detection that a 25€ toy plane isn't as realistic as the real aircraft.
I don't know an add-on which is 100% perfect and in the end it's only a game, so i really hope Alphasim will continue this direction. :wavey:

VCN-1
November 11th, 2008, 12:32
Nils

I saw that also.

What I did to get rid of it was take the spec files from Peruvian texture and put them in the TAW-6 folder. Let them overwrite

Nice and clean with nothing lurking in the background.:d

VCN-1

tigisfat
November 11th, 2008, 12:40
If the C-17 will be at the same quality level or even better...:jump::jump::jump::medals::applause:

I've never anticipated a MSFS product more than that C-17!! I don't know why it keeps getting thrown aside for other products. It's release was expected six months ago, according to several at Alphasim then. I've honestly begun to wonder it it can't be released for some reason.

fsafranek
November 11th, 2008, 16:08
Frank, thanks for your repaints!
Sorry, i recognized a small iusse with the spec maps (wrong AC number) and i'm wondering about the size of them, but i'm not a painter, so..:d
And is it possible that not all schemes are including spec maps?

Overall a very nice aircraft. Sad to see that the fun seems to have gone by the astonishing detection that a 25€ toy plane isn't as realistic as the real aircraft.
I don't know an add-on which is 100% perfect and in the end it's only a game, so i really hope Alphasim will continue this direction. :wavey:

Spec maps should be unique to the individual aircraft. What you have in your image is one of Russel's repaints with the spec maps from the included TAW-5 scheme. I think he packaged it that way. That is why the 941 is visible.

fsafranek
November 11th, 2008, 16:13
I've never anticipated a MSFS product more than that C-17!! I don't know why it keeps getting thrown aside for other products. It's release was expected six months ago, according to several at Alphasim then. I've honestly begun to wonder it it can't be released for some reason.

It will be released, someday. In the meantime keep in mind that everything
new Alphasim learns in the meantime can potentially be included in it.

jmig
November 11th, 2008, 17:14
Frank, you have my admiration. You remind me of the President's Press Secretary standing at the podium catching the arrows shot by the press corps. You obviously believe in Alphasim and it shows.

If more people had your communicative skills, they would have many more friends.

:medals:

tigisfat
November 11th, 2008, 22:26

I seriously hope so, and given Alphasim's progress, that's a very fair statement. The aircraft released in the last few months are a night and day difference in quality from those released over a year ago.

If the C-17 was along the lines of the T-34C and the A2A B377 in terms of the little bells and whistles that create immersiveness, I'd be overjoyed. Some might not care about sound effects, window fogging and blown tires but I really think we've entered a new day of flight simming.

I liked your choice of words when you said "someday". I'm going to laugh if you're just messing with me and it comes out next week.:d

gera
November 12th, 2008, 05:30
I appreciate the whole procedure in order to start a FS airplane but it can become a bore at times. This plane is really a dog.....either I got a dud or a second hand one for after following instructions it simply will not start....Unless I place the sim in 2X!!!!!..is this only me or what????...then while flying it quits and makes a lot of noice and re-starts then it quits again!!!!...............I like the "real" stuff, which as many have stated is not too "real"....but why can these companies or dudes make an easy Ctrl +E start in order make it easy to start!!!!....then after a while go into the "real mahoney" start and all the doodlebug stuff.....................Very disappointed with this model....I would suggest those that have not bought it to Wait!!!! until all the bugs are out...otherwise they´ll sting you in that hot cockpit!!!!!!!!!!!!..Fer Sure!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:UGH!!!!!!

VCN-1
November 12th, 2008, 05:35
It sounds as if there are 2 possibilities.

1) lack of fuel on board.
2) Fuel flow lever not turned on.

I am experiencing no problems starting it.

VCN-1

gera
November 12th, 2008, 05:37

I experiencing no problems starting it.

VCN-1

will check that........thanks:kilroy:

JT8D-9A
November 12th, 2008, 09:06
Thanks VCN-1 and Frank! I will try to make new spec maps for each livery - it's time that i learn it :d

I'm also looking forward to the C-17, but the Mentor has also a lot of potential and i hope Alphasim will fully use it.
BTW, with "toy plane" and "game", i did mainly mean the prices and our expectations...

fsafranek
November 12th, 2008, 09:34
Too funny. Thanks. I worked in public relations at Rockwell - North American Aircraft
back in the B-1B days. I guess I got a little experience in deflecting arrows from that.

And yes, on your second point. Exactly.

Frank, you have my admiration. You remind me of the President's Press Secretary standing at the podium catching the arrows shot by the press corps. You obviously believe in Alphasim and it shows.

If more people had your communicative skills, they would have many more friends.

:medals:

fsafranek
November 12th, 2008, 09:39

I am experiencing no problems starting it.

VCN-1

My guess is #2. This thing has full tanks by default.

maguireted
November 12th, 2008, 11:21
Hello Herr Gera ,

I appreciate the whole procedure in order to start a FS airplane but it can become a bore at times. This plane is really a dog.....either I got a dud or a second hand one for after following instructions it simply will not start....Unless I place the sim in 2X!!!!!..is this only me or what????...then while flying it quits and makes a lot of noice and re-starts then it quits again!!!!...............I like the "real" stuff, which as many have stated is not too "real"....but why can these companies or dudes make an easy Ctrl +E start in order make it easy to start!!!!....then after a while go into the "real mahoney" start and all the doodlebug stuff.....................Very disappointed with this model....I would suggest those that have not bought it to Wait!!!! until all the bugs are out...otherwise they´ll sting you in that hot cockpit!!!!!!!!!!!!..Fer Sure!!!

I HAVEN'T GOT THIS PLANE BUT I HAVE A GOOD DOCUMENTATION ABOUT THIS ONE BUT ;

If I can help you .... First , I am not a pilot , only on FSX :

after contact and the whole electrical system ok ,
1/Fuel dispatch pump on
2/Starter
3/Start auto-ini
4/auto sart ( wait 10 "tic tic about" )
5/ cut auto ini
6/engine start effective
During a flight, let the fuel dispatch pump always .

From the real mentor doc.

Thats all , Best regards Anna

BananaBob
November 12th, 2008, 22:13
So far, a photoreal is working with this, just tried the front fuselage and liking the result.

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8264/prt341zu5.jpg

gajit
November 12th, 2008, 22:24
Wow Bob - that looks promising :applause:

wildcat400
November 12th, 2008, 22:43
That looks sweet! :ernae:

JT8D-9A
November 13th, 2008, 03:28
Excellent Robert!:jump: :applause:

doublecool
November 13th, 2008, 04:51
NICE:applause:

gera
November 13th, 2008, 05:06
Hello Herr Gera ,

I HAVEN'T GOT THIS PLANE BUT I HAVE A GOOD DOCUMENTATION ABOUT THIS ONE BUT ;

If I can help you .... First , I am not a pilot , only on FSX :

after contact and the whole electrical system ok ,
1/Fuel dispatch pump on
2/Starter
3/Start auto-ini
4/auto sart ( wait 10 "tic tic about" )
5/ cut auto ini
6/engine start effective
During a flight, let the fuel dispatch pump always .

From the real mentor doc.

Thats all , Best regards Anna

Thank you Anna and all.....I got it. ...........It was the "fuel" lever on the left side of the cockpit.....once I moved that forward, the engine reved and propeller shot .....an off I went.......................Gracias.:redf:

Lassen
November 13th, 2008, 05:23
So, it's supposed to showcase cockpit systems, but the start sequence is not even remotely close to the way a PT6A starts. It doesn't even follow the checklist in the included manual. Cmon, gimme a break.

I'm not a simmer, I contacted Alphasim a while ago when I was looking for a training aid to help me in Primary. Nothing was available at the time, but they were working on this project at that time. The person I contacted was very friendly and helpful. In turn I provided him with a few pictures and details on the proper operation of this plane. I don't claim to be an expert on this aircraft, like the guy with 110 hours. I only have about 3/4 of that.

I see a lot of people bashing this plane, which really only has one system error. The condition lever. What they have in place is very similar to the actual function of the aircraft (from an operator's standpoint). The only flaw is that you have to push the tab instead of move the lever 1 inch forward. Aside from this, I can start the model just as I do the real plane.

The condition lever does not control fuel flow to the engine during start, it just operates a binary valve, which cuts the fuel flow in the fuel off position. Aside from this, it works just as it should. Push it forward and you get 2200 RPM.

I didn't have access to the model until the first of November, which is when I realized the mistake. The model was written and designed based almost entirely on text. While the NATOPS is fairly detailed, it is not always easy to fully understand how a system operates from text alone. So, to ask the designers to make such a drastic change to a nearly final product is probably a bit much considering the return and the significance of the error in relation to the work required to fix it.

The sim correctly models nearly every aspect of the plane, including features that are almost superfluous to a PC model. This T-34C model is very realistic and would have been an asset to my early Primary training.

To say the model is not realistic is not only wrong, but probably hurtful. Even before I got my hands on a beta model, I reviewed their documentation and corrected a lot of their misinterpreations of the NATOPS. I can assure you that they invested a great deal of time in trying to perfect this model. Far more than they anticpiated or were originally willing to. I know that the are proud of it and were very excited about releasing it.

First off, as discussed previously, the start sequence is not realistic. The individuals are correct in stating fuel control to the engine for start is governed by the prop condition lever (middle of the tree levers on the left side of the cockpit). The "red pull handle" is actually used in the real plane as a pilot-safe release to secure the fuel via the condition lever. You have to pull it and retard the condition lever to "Fuel Off" to shutdown the engine. Prevents an inadvertent shut-down mid flight or on the ground when messing with the condition lever for ground runup and EP simulations.

In reality, all you need to do to start the engine is to turn the battery on, activate the starter, and introduce fuel by moving the prop condition (the middle) lever to "Fuel On", then secure the starter. As for how the sim is set up now, the most realistic start would follow:

1. Ensure all switches off ("fuel lever"{in up position}, starter, ignition, inverters, generator, avionics) and condition lever (middle lever) all the way aft (called the "Feathered" position in the real plane).
2. Battery on, Strobes on
3. Starter and Ignition (not auto ignition) switches on.
4. Fuel "lever" up (in actual plane it would be condition lever as stated above)
5. Starter and ignition switches off after lightoff and ITT peak.
6. Advance condition lever all the way forward (called the "Full Increase" position in the real plane).
7. And your good to takeoff after energizing generator, inverters, avionics.

I have probably less than 10 hours invested in playing with FSX and I can start the plane in under 20 seconds using these procedures.

Second, the ignition switch in the real plane is spring loaded to the "ON" position always, its not a 2-position as depicted in the sim. You actually have to hold it down during certain EPs.
I just assumed it was this way, b/c holding the ignition switch with your mouse would prevent you from performing other operations with the mouse. Like securing the starter before releasing the ignition.

Sixth, the flap lever in the actual plane either selects no flaps, or the "full flap" setting depicted in the sim. There are no intermediate flap settings, either up or down.

Flap motor operation is controlled by three-position switches located on the left consoles...

I see you corrected yourself, but perhaps you should have checked your facts before you publicly criticized the model from a “professional” standpoint.

As for the prop look during engine-off, it actually "feathers" automatically via spring (to help in case of engine failure in the air).

I think you forgot that about the oil pressure produced by a windmilling prop, which is actually sufficient to prevent the propeller from automatically going into feather. Just in-case you ever get back in a T-34.

If anyone is interested in the actual publications the Navy issues us to learn to fly the T-34C check out:

https://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/ppub_t34_pri.htm

These are a version older than the ones we have, but all info on how to fly the plane is still correct, not much changes after 5 decades of training!!

I would hardly call publications including updates as recent as 10/16/08 old. In fact, that's more up to date than my copy.

VCN-1
November 13th, 2008, 07:02
Lassen

Thank you for the information in your post.

A valuable insight into the T-34C and the AlphaSim version.

I for one am enjoying it.

There are lots of new textures appearing giving one the opportunity to fly with various TAWs

VCN-1

pbearsailor
November 13th, 2008, 07:09
Lassen,

Sorry, but I stand by my posts. It's a beautiful plane, but it doesn't function correctly and it isn't just one system.

Not interested in a flame war, so I'll say no more.

cheers,

fsafranek
November 13th, 2008, 08:41
I'll look into that. No promises, just a promise to have a look. I'm not into fictional paint schemes at all.
But as I've said elsewhere (or at least to myself :icon_lol:), "if it's freeware, anything goes".

You wouldn't be intrested in doing a fictional scheme of the USCG please. I'd be one happy T-34 simmer. I'm getting jealous all the military branches except us Coasties.

tigisfat
November 13th, 2008, 08:57
The services have all had a few oddball aircraft here and there that not many people know about. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the coasties had one or two T-34Cs, at the very least on loan, at one point or another.

maguireted
November 13th, 2008, 09:21
Thank you Anna and all

Hi Herr Gera , If I have helped you, I'm happy. Best Regards Anna

VCN-1
November 13th, 2008, 09:23
Lassen,

Sorry, but I stand by my posts. It's a beautiful plane, but it doesn't function correctly and it isn't just one system.

Not interested in a flame war, so I'll say no more.

cheers,

I am curious. What systems are not functioning to your satisfaction or don't exist?

VCN-1

JT8D-9A
November 13th, 2008, 11:42
Is there a way to feather the prop? :redf:

For the A2A Lights user:
[Vcockpit01]
gauge28=shockwave_lights!SW Lights_gear, 1,1,1,1 //shockwave light

[lights]
light.8 = 5, -0.15, -3.22, -2.47, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_no_flare
light.9 = 5, -0.15, 3.22, -2.47, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_no_flare

GatorFlyer
November 13th, 2008, 15:17
Lassen-

Nice to see your freshened up on the NATOPS, we need more like you at Whiting. I didn't realize trying to help refine the model would strike such a deep chord.

Just about all of the individuals here are simply trying to further the development of the T-34C model by helping to ID simple, known issues.

I see you corrected yourself, but perhaps you should have checked your facts before you publicly criticized the model from a “professional” standpoint.

I've never labeled myself as any sort of "professional" on the subject (dont see where you saw that written), just an individual with some limited experience in the real thing who wanted to HELP out.

No need to feel like people here are "attacking" in anyway, especially in any input I've provided. I just ask you to read the forum posts as clearly as we've all seen you can read your NATOPS:

Hello All. Im a newbie here, but joined to continue the T-34C discussion. I agree the sim model is AWESOME! Even better than the ones we are provided by the Navy in the MicroSim simulators (not the actual T-34C sims we use for instrument training though, they are quite a bit more pricey!!).

I know these are small details, and it speaks volumes for AlphaSim's homework to depict the T-34C so realistically on the initial release. I love this plane, its a MUST-HAVE addition for any FSX enthusiast. Ill continue to fly it as is, as its a great tool for any student pilot flying the T-34C's here at Whiting Field.

If anyone has any questions, or can help in a config change for the T-34C let me know, Id be glad to provide technical knowledge on the "real-deal".

I feel that the majority of the people here agree. We are simply providing constructive feedback to a company whose client base, product line, and profit margin will only be helped by the information provided.

I don't feel a need to comment on the remainder of your rant, but appreciate the time and effort you provided AlphaSim in the original design.

Until next time, keep those pubs updated and your NATOPS nearby!

JT8D-9A
November 15th, 2008, 07:44
Is there a way to feather the prop? :redf:
Nils, to feather the prop you have to move the prop lever to 0 and then to press "ctrl+F2".

JT8D-9A
November 15th, 2008, 15:34
Really great work Alphasim! I should have gone to sleep, but i had to do an additional flight:wavey:
:medals::applause:

BananaBob
November 16th, 2008, 11:41
Great shots Nils!! :applause: Little bit more done on this photoreal paint.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/7111/wipsharknavjb9.jpg

JT8D-9A
November 16th, 2008, 12:47
Thanks Bob! Your work looks really excellent!:jump: :ernae:

Thoe6969
November 16th, 2008, 15:35
Great shots Nils!! :applause: Little bit more done on this photoreal paint.

http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/7111/wipsharknavjb9.jpg This paint is looking great ,can't wait to see my T34 wearing it.

gajit
November 16th, 2008, 21:16
:applause::applause:

BananaBob
November 17th, 2008, 02:50
Tail done and pilots, wings and bottom to go.

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6971/wipsharknav1pk3.jpg

JT8D-9A
November 17th, 2008, 03:01
The teasing is not fair, but of course it looks great:d :applause: :applause::applause:

Roger
November 17th, 2008, 03:17
It's a beaut Bob:applause:

JimC1702
November 17th, 2008, 05:12
WOW! Looks fantastic.

Jim

doublecool
November 17th, 2008, 14:26
:kilroy::applause::ernae:

fsafranek
November 18th, 2008, 19:19
Yes, it does look good.

Just a heads up for those who prefer FS9 and voiced their displeasure that this release was just for FSX. As a goodwill gesture to make up for the expected new FS9 version that was cancelled, Phil at Alphasim has released the earlier FS9 version as freeware. I uploaded it last night to Avsim, Flightsim, Simviation, and here at Sim-Outhouse (under AlphaOldies). There are several nice repaints by Russel Smith available at avsim from the original release timeframe.

gajit
November 18th, 2008, 22:25
Great news Frank - TX :applause:

BananaBob
November 20th, 2008, 23:06
Should be done today, still got to add eyes and fix the hood and add some registration to the wings.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2435/wip4hj1.jpg

Thoe6969
November 21st, 2008, 02:53
Been waiting on this one,I really like it.

JT8D-9A
November 21st, 2008, 02:54
Been waiting on this one,I really like it.
Ditto!:jump: :applause:

6297J
November 21st, 2008, 05:49
That looks absolutely wonderful :jump:

JT8D-9A
November 23rd, 2008, 04:39
Any news, Robert? :redf:

sim-paticissimo
November 23rd, 2008, 07:15
Hi Nils, is that the Taburet Grand Canyon scenery?

sim-paticissimo
November 23rd, 2008, 07:19
H've just found it, here, in another post, and it's free! Thankyou at the developers!:applause:

BananaBob
November 23rd, 2008, 19:34
Sorry guys, my pc wouldn't start for 2 days and thought my video card had bit it but after troubleshooting I found that 3 of my 1GB sticks of RAM burnt out, luckily I had bought 4 and had one out of the system at the time, so I'm running on 1GB of RAM at the moment. :banghead:

Panther_99FS
November 23rd, 2008, 19:37
Sorry guys, my pc wouldn't start for 2 days and thought my video card had bit it but after troubleshooting I found that 3 of my 1GB sticks of RAM burnt out, luckily I had bought 4 and had one out of the system at the time, so I'm running on 1GB of RAM at the moment. :banghead:

Yikes,
That happened to me and it turned out to be a bad motherboard...:kilroy:

Hope you don't have the same as me....

BananaBob
November 23rd, 2008, 21:21
Yikes,
That happened to me and it turned out to be a bad motherboard...:kilroy:

Hope you don't have the same as me....

It's an EVGA 680i Mobo, what was yours? I had boosted the power to the RAM modules a while back ago, I think that was what finally did it, not sure. Most games run ok but FSX stutters while looking around with 1GB.

kilo delta
November 24th, 2008, 00:47
Sorry to hear that Bob. The 680i has a nasty habit of frying the RAM...from personal experience.

Anyone doing a Falklands era Argentine Mentor repaint?...nudge,nudge...wink, wink :d

MHAircraft
November 24th, 2008, 14:53
Finally found some time to do a repaint.

VCN-1
November 24th, 2008, 15:34
Nice job on those textures.

VCN-1

fsafranek
November 24th, 2008, 15:49
Sorry to hear that Bob. The 680i has a nasty habit of frying the RAM...from personal experience.

Anyone doing a Falklands era Argentine Mentor repaint?...nudge,nudge...wink, wink :d

Yes. The Falklands is finished and the Argentina Armada (dk blue/gray with sharksmouth)
is just about there. Here's a couple shots from quite a while ago (before the aircraft
was even released).

Then I need to finish the Ecuador camo I started back during development.

fsafranek
November 24th, 2008, 15:58
Finally found some time to do a repaint.

Excellent.

You're fogging up there. Need to get the cockpit
blower system running. :snowman:

MHAircraft
November 24th, 2008, 18:09
Thanks fsafranek! I need to stow that paintbrush and spend more time ****. Of course I mean Read The Flight Manual. :mixedsmi:

fsafranek
November 25th, 2008, 01:17
Of course. :icon_lol:

Uploaded these tonight. They should be available soon at SOH. You can get then from my repaints page (http://mirage4fs.com/Alphasim/) in the meantime.

gajit
November 25th, 2008, 02:29
Very excited by those Frank :jump::jump::jump: TX:applause:

JT8D-9A
November 25th, 2008, 03:14
Excellent repaints! :applause: Looking forward to fly them :jump:
Has someone already made these:

1. (click) (http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/Beech-T-34C-Turbo/0957733/L/&width=1226&height=828&sok=keyword_%28%27+%22t-34c%22%27_IN_BOOLEAN_MODE%29%29_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&photo_nr=119&prev_id=0964842&next_id=0957732)
2. (click) (http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/Beech-T-34C-Turbo/1031821/L/&width=1054&height=712&sok=keyword_%28%27+%22t-34c%22%27_IN_BOOLEAN_MODE%29%29_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&photo_nr=96&prev_id=1032106&next_id=1029020)
3. (click) (http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA---Navy/Beech-T-34C-Turbo/0088677/L/&width=900&height=599&sok=keyword_%28%27+%22t-34c%22%27_IN_BOOLEAN_MODE%29%29_&sort=_order_by_photo_id_DESC_&photo_nr=162&prev_id=0118012&next_id=NEXTID)
?

kilo delta
November 25th, 2008, 03:51
Thanks, Frank :ernae::applause:

VCN-1
November 25th, 2008, 03:53
1) It is a flightsim.com by Smith

Haven't seen the others.

VCN-1

JT8D-9A
November 25th, 2008, 07:03
1) It is a flightsim.com by Smith

Haven't seen the others.

VCN-1
Ah thanks! :isadizzy:

BananaBob
November 25th, 2008, 22:49
Of course. :icon_lol:

Uploaded these tonight. They should be available soon at SOH. You can get then from my repaints page (http://mirage4fs.com/Alphasim/) in the meantime.

Awesome, especially like the green and tan Armada paint! :applause::applause::applause:

kilo delta
November 26th, 2008, 01:05
Awesome, especially like the green and tan Armada paint! :applause::applause::applause:

Yep........now to park them at Pebble Island and wait for the SAS to do their magic :d

BananaBob
November 26th, 2008, 04:59
Done, this one took a bit longer, but I did do more work on this one, hope it shows.

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2835/1done34sn6.jpg

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/9338/2done34ah5.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7371/3done34nk0.jpg

JimC1702
November 26th, 2008, 06:17
Awesome work, Bob! I haven't bought this plane yet, but your re-paint might just push me over the top.

Jim

JT8D-9A
November 26th, 2008, 06:18
Wow, it looks great, Robert! Can't wait to fly it over photoreal landscape. :jump::applause::applause::applause:

Thanks for all the great repaints! It's a fantastic little airplane with its own character:wiggle:

:running:

BananaBob
November 26th, 2008, 08:06
Beautiful shots Nils!! :ernae:

My paint is up at AVSIM now and should be here sometime today.

MHAircraft
November 26th, 2008, 08:35
My paint is up at AVSIM now and should be here sometime today.

:running: This is me running over to line up in eager anticipation of your great work. :applause:

Roger
November 26th, 2008, 09:23
Lovely stuff Bob!:applause: Hope your pc is behaving itself now.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/t34BB.jpg

JT8D-9A
November 26th, 2008, 12:59
Many thanks, Robert! Really perfect! :applause::applause: All textures are really perfect!:wiggle:

Fireball6
November 26th, 2008, 14:37
Great Job - as always, Bob - many thanks for that !!!!!
The new Glass_t is superb :jump: :ernae: :applause:
Dirk

Thoe6969
November 26th, 2008, 14:52
Thanks been waiting on that one,and well worth the wait. I like the glass better also.:ernae:

BananaBob
November 26th, 2008, 19:52
Man those are great shots Nils! :applause::applause::applause: Thanks fellas!

One note, inside the texture.943 file is my newest GlobalEnvTest and GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome .dds textures, if you like them, just add it to your main FSX texture folder, make backups first and overwrite.

noddy
November 26th, 2008, 23:43
Great job Bob:ernae:, and fantastic shots Nils. :applause:

JT8D-9A
November 27th, 2008, 08:52

One note, inside the texture.943 file is my newest GlobalEnvTest and GlobalEnv_AC_Chrome .dds textures, if you like them, just add it to your main FSX texture folder, make backups first and overwrite.
Thanks, Robert! Really excellent work!:medals: :applause::applause:

Thanks Noddy!

fsafranek
November 27th, 2008, 21:48

Highly recommended. They make the chrome spinner caps of the two included in the T-34C package look great.

BananaBob
November 28th, 2008, 05:30
Hey Thanks guys!! :wavey:

Panther_99FS
November 28th, 2008, 10:26
BB,
I really like the job you did on the PILOTS...:ernae:

BananaBob
November 28th, 2008, 10:38
BB,
I really like the job you did on the PILOTS...:ernae:

Thanks Panther, recently I've tended to lots of little things that may go unnoticed but it's fun when downloaders find these things. :ernae:

BananaBob
November 30th, 2008, 07:20
Playing with FSRecorder. :friday:

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/4583/sbs3zj0.jpg

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6227/sbs1xo3.jpg

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6839/sbs2nl1.jpg

fsafranek
November 30th, 2008, 08:03
Nice to see her in formation. And with a worthy wingman.

Meso
November 30th, 2008, 09:15
Playing with FSRecorder. :friday:

that looks great. Did you update the texture for the Alphasim harvard/texan or is it a new one?

BananaBob
November 30th, 2008, 09:31
that looks great. Did you update the texture for the Alphasim harvard/texan or is it a new one?

Thanks Frank and Meso!

Meso, I just used my old paint on the FSX native Texan, works good :ernae:

Meso
November 30th, 2008, 09:33
Superb! i loved it already in fs9, but need to get the update for the texan i guess.

amart235
December 19th, 2008, 13:38
How do you get v1.02?

Kiwikat
December 19th, 2008, 13:55
You can find the latest installer version in your alphasim store account.

gajit
December 19th, 2008, 13:58
Has it fixed the FPS drop when swapping from Mentor to Mentor now?

Kiwikat
December 19th, 2008, 14:03
Has it fixed the FPS drop when swapping from Mentor to Mentor now?

I think they are still working on that. I guess it isn't a simple fix. There are many testers who didn't experience this FPS issue, myself included, so I haven't been able to test the fix. The T-34C has been an oddball in that some customers and testers are experiencing issues that others aren't.

gajit
December 19th, 2008, 14:06
I think they are still working on that. I guess it isn't a simple fix. There are many testers who didn't experience this FPS issue, myself included, so I haven't been able to test the fix. The T-34C has been an oddball in that some customers and testers are experiencing issues that others aren't.

Thanks Kiwikat - I love it anyway -Alphasim's best yet.:applause:

Wingnut172N
September 12th, 2011, 12:17
Is there any way to get my T-34C back now that alphasim is defunct? I purchased this a few years ago, and would like to get it back now that I have a faster computer to run it on...

papab
September 12th, 2011, 13:12
What I did to get back my Alphasim downloads:
Went to the Virtavia Web site, open a support ticket and gave them my order numbers and order dates from Alphasim. They still have that info.

Got an email back with links to the downloads

http://www.virtavia.com/

Rick

Rich
September 12th, 2011, 18:20
Did Alphasim do a FSX version ?? the Fs9 version is available here on the Alphasim freeware pages, been there some time.

http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/index.php?dir=/USA

Kiwikat
September 12th, 2011, 20:03
Did Alphasim do a FSX version ?? the Fs9 version is available here on the Alphasim freeware pages, been there some time.

http://www.easyfly.co.nz/Freeware/index.php?dir=/USA

The FSX version is a brand new one with all new features. It has nothing to do with the FS9 freeware version.

Rich
September 12th, 2011, 20:07
How old is the FSX version ???

Wingnut172N said,

"I purchased this a few years ago,"

Kiwikat
September 12th, 2011, 21:11
How old is the FSX version ???

Wingnut172N said,

"I purchased this a few years ago,"

It is from 2008. However, much of the artwork looks like it could have been done this year. The VC was a little ahead of its time when released. Overall I think it is one of their better products, despite it not seeming to be very popular.