PDA

View Full Version : Static aircraft for FSX

alexdan
March 6th, 2010, 19:22
Anyone got ideas on where I can find static aircraft for any, or all of the following WWII aircraft: C-47, C-46, DC-2, B-25 or B-24? I have no interest in AI birds of passage.
ADE has a DC-3 but it only has 1 engine... I need them for my FSX CBI upgrade WIP.

Thanks

Alex

falcon409
March 6th, 2010, 21:43
That's gonna be tough, unless you can find someone who has built low-poly models for another project. As much scenery work as is produced through this forum alone, I don't know of anything that unique being readily available.

You might get lucky here and have someone pop on and give you exactly what you need, but it's highly unlikely.:salute:

roger-wilco-66
March 7th, 2010, 01:10
Sorry I can't help you with that, Alex, I'm searching myself for static AC for my Solomon 1943 project. You could help yourself by using AI traffic and park AI planes on the airfields with a dummy flight plan.
But you sparked my interest on the CBI scenario, for I have been flying the hump for quite a few years in the MAAM C-47 and others. I even simulated the long ferry flights from Florida over the Caribic, Brasil, Ascension Island, through Africa, Arabia, and finally to India.
From my long research I have a big load of information and scans of original documents here, if you need anything, I would pack it together advance it to you! It's great that someone takes the challenge to model the CBI.

Cheers,
Mark

alexdan
March 9th, 2010, 04:37
Thanks guys. Looks like a dead-end.

Best

Alex

dswo
March 9th, 2010, 04:40
Try asking on the fs-developer.net forum.